Generators Any one used or using this Generator?

yayashas

Seasoned Expediter
Smarter Tools 2000-watt Parallel Capable Inverter Generator with Yamaha® Engine Costco Sells it. I would like to get feedback good and bad what do you think about it?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Camping world is selling a new Gen 3k watt with remote wireless start. It's black and yes quiter than a honda. Called powerhouse.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have been selling the smarter tools for at least a year now. Haven't seen one in use.

The powerhouse has been around awhile I have seen a couple on vans. For some reason I think I heard dometic designed them. You can get them at some of the discount rv supplier places online.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it would be much better if the truckstops were offering a power outlet for each parked truck or van. I wouldn't mind to pay, let's say ten bucks a day for heating my truck. This way the idling might be reduced practically to zero, considering the money one throws away for the fuel burned just to keep cool/warm inside his truck...

Last edited:

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
We are lucky if a truck stop is found that even allows vans overnight parking. Things are changing quickly out here.

Stay safe

KG

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Love's supposedly doesn't...

I did a quick drive through the Love's in Vandalia, Ohio today, and saw several XPO vans parked there, in front. Oh, and one Nations Express, too. Funny, I don't usually pay any attention to the front lot, but I wanted to get in & out quick, so I cut through the front. ;)

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Love's has signs that say 2hr parking but as long as you ask the manager inside then you usually don't have problems.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stopped even trying loves after being asked to leave three different ones. They have not got my business in two or three years because of it, maybe they have changed.

Reactions: Solar

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
never, ever been asked to leave a Loves.....but then again I've never tried to stay overnight either...just a 5-6 hr nap and moved on....

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I think the only place I was ever kicked out of was a Lowe's somewhere in GA. Or KY. Or somewhere. But stayed at plenty of Lowe's and preferred them.
Quiet.