Any info on A. Blair Enterprises

gus42

Active Expediter
Hey Zac this is Gus, I see what you put on here, I know you are dispatcher for A.Blair and not a driver. you guys put stuff like this on the internet to attract other drivers but I am going to prove to you that you are a bad company to work for. You guys are lyers and inconsiderate and don't care about anyone else but yourselves. And I am going to put and expose you guys for what you really are. A bunch of lying crooks and I am reporting you and your company to the OTR Drivers Association and I am going to dedicate all my spare time to expose you guys for what you are. A bunch a thieves that don't care about any of the drivers or their families. Like the owner of your company, " X-New York Cop, that got dismissed from the force for lying,cheating against his fellow co-workers. So think about it drivers do really want to work for this company.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, gus42. If you are going to post, you might try to get your facts right. A. Blair (Tom Robertson) has been a native of Kentucky all his life and has had this business for over 20 years. His general manager is an ex-Chicago cop, but the owner, Tom, has only done trucking as a business.

It isn't the responsibility of the company to provide you with money. Freight runs hot and cold. It is your responsibility as an O/O to have enough money to cover you during slow times. Just like other companies, A. Blair will advance you half the load pay when a load is picked up. But when did it become their responsibility to feed you? Does Panther pay you when you are sitting and waiting for freight? Does FedEx?

I've worked for A. Blair since March, 2004. I've left many times but returned and returned. I've never left because of dissatisfaction. Some reasons were personal and 2 times I had an opportunity to go back to Production Management and computer programming. Both times I missed the road too much and Blair gladly took me back.

I put 140,000 miles on my Sprinter last year. Right now, my odometer is 241835. It was 341 miles on March 3, 2010. It would seem that Blair has freight. But, we all sit. I run smart. I buy my fuel where I can get it cheapest. I have a WalMart gift card for Murphy fuel. Right now, I'm getting a 10 cents per gallon discount on fuel. I never use my Comdata card for fuel. The transaction fees are too numerous. I never take advances.

So, go easy on the accusations. You don't know what you are talking about.

AmPack

Active Expediter
Hi Gus42,I'm new as a registered member on this site but I've been lurking for a while and I've been in this business for few years...
If you've been reading past threads here about having cash reserves before going OTR, you did not have this problems....
I mean common...4 days being stuck somewhere and you need it money for food...how much that could be? 60 bucks if you were "splurging":D?
And NO, I'm not associated with A. Blair and I don't have any info on this company.
Just apply some common sense and be safe out there.
Good luck!

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"it isn't the responsibility of the company to provide you with money"
Are you insinuating I take responsibility for my own welfare?.:rolleyes:
Maybe, not start out with a dollar and a dime in my pocket counting on 50% of a 100 mile load to carry me for two - three weeks.
I have yet to understand why a carrier would pay 50% on pick up as opposed to 50% for on time delivery.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I would never expect any company to front me money for living expenses. Most companies that tried doing that ended up getting burned.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

zack100

Active Expediter
Hey Zac this is Gus, I see what you put on here, I know you are dispatcher for A.Blair and not a driver.

This particular Zack is not a dispatcher for Blair (or anyone for that matter). With all due respect and in order to help, I've got three pieces of advice:

A) Don't let an Alligator mouth over-ride a Hummingbird a**
B) When running with the big dogs, learn to p*** in the tall bushes.
C) Pay close attention to Chetjester's post.

If 'ya continue driving - drive safe ;)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This particular Zack is not a dispatcher for Blair (or anyone for that matter). With all due respect and in order to help, I've got three pieces of advice:

A) Don't let an Alligator mouth over-ride a Hummingbird a**
B) When running with the big dogs, learn to p*** in the tall bushes.
C) Pay close attention to Chetjester's post.

If 'ya continue driving - drive safe ;)

With that last comment it made it four pieces of advice. :D. I bet there is more than 1 Zack in the world.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I recently worked with A. Blair as an O/O and I figured out that they do not care about their drivers or their equipment. They are only interested in themselves. The reason I say this when I was working with them I spent more time down than what I hauled. I asked them to help me at least with money for food while I was sitting, they said that they are not a bank to loan money even though I had money coming to me so they let me sit for 4 days with out any help. Thanks to my fellow OTR Drivers that where there to help me.
One time my truck broke down while under a load. Instead of helping me the owner of the company said to me "It's not about the truck or the driver it is about the freight and the money!!" He did not care about the truck or the driver.
They lie all the time just to get you in the door. They said they were a christian based company and they have proved that they are not. They get you loads, once you deliver your load and they get paid they don't care about anything else. You could end up sitting like I did in Denver, Co. for 3 weeks and no way to get home. My family had to send me $700 so that I can get diesel in my truck to get home because A. Blair told me that if I didn't like it ,find any means necessary for me to get home or to run as far as I can with what I had. These people have no heart I do not recommend them to any one. I have been out here since 1998 as an OTR Driver and I have never seen a company that would not help the people that are hauling for them. So think about what I have said I am a driver like any other driver looking for the right company. But I found out the hard way that this was not the one.

P.S. I guess that is what you get when you have an X-cop as the owner of the company that pretends to know what he is doing. I do believe this company needs to be shut down and the owner of this company needs to go back to New York where he came from with the rest of the riff raft that works there with him. Think really hard before working with this company. I would not lie to you like they have lied to me. Say No to A. Blair
God Bless all you Drivers and have a Bless Day. :mad:

Not to be a jerk here because I know that the rates they pay to the O/O's are quite low. I have talked with recruiting over there a year or so ago and they explained how things work. If you drive one of their sprinters you have to take every load they give you to whatever area that load takes you to. You also have to wait there for another load unless they tell you otherwise. This is acceptable as you are driving their equipment. They told me this up front, same as the rates for owners who bring their own equipment. So, if you signed a contract that states that and you are of the understanding that you are driving their truck and have to do what they tell you, why complain about it after the fact? Also, they have a lot of work and require hard runners, if you are not a hard runner, you should seek employment elsewhere. Like I said, they explained the rates to me when I called back after I blew the engine on my other van. If I would have signed on for those rates "being a grown adult of sound mind" I would not complain when I am getting lower rates but running harder! We are all grown adults on here and we should take some responsibility for the contracts we sign; Period!

thephade2002

Seasoned Expediter
I have been running with A. Blair since March 26 and I have ran more miles than with any other company period. I. Am based out of Colorado they allow me to go home whenever needed. I get around .60-62/mi with fuel surcharge yes I drive their sprinter! They just purchased 10 and I receive a brand new one they maintain their vehicles very well! When I drove for panther I sat but these guys keep me busy! I went from 40% of load plus fuel to .45/cpm plus fuel! I gave myself a pay increase because they keep me busy! They do care about their drivers they do their very best to keep us moving and pay is always on time I was always wondering if I was even going to get a paycheck with the last ones I drove for! If you are an o/o you should come prepared with money it is not their job to provide your food or gas you always have to be prepared for sitting. You can move your vehicle to better areas you have to pay for the gas they don't tell you you have to stay in any particular area. If they call you and have you move they pay for it that has happened a few times. I will not go back to another company because these guys keep me rolling AND care about the drivers. My average load is 1000 miles I just had a 4500+ miles this past week if ya want to know total miles since march just ask I have all the paperwork to show just how many miles I've gotten! Sorry you didn't have the experience I'm having but get a clue and come prepared!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I have been running with A. Blair since March 26 and I have ran more miles than with any other company period. I. Am based out of Colorado they allow me to go home whenever needed. I get around .60-62/mi with fuel surcharge yes I drive their sprinter! They just purchased 10 and I receive a brand new one they maintain their vehicles very well! When I drove for panther I sat but these guys keep me busy! I went from 40% of load plus fuel to .45/cpm plus fuel! I gave myself a pay increase because they keep me busy! They do care about their drivers they do their very best to keep us moving and pay is always on time I was always wondering if I was even going to get a paycheck with the last ones I drove for! If you are an o/o you should come prepared with money it is not their job to provide your food or gas you always have to be prepared for sitting. You can move your vehicle to better areas you have to pay for the gas they don't tell you you have to stay in any particular area. If they call you and have you move they pay for it that has happened a few times. I will not go back to another company because these guys keep me rolling AND care about the drivers. My average load is 1000 miles I just had a 4500+ miles this past week if ya want to know total miles since march just ask I have all the paperwork to show just how many miles I've gotten! Sorry you didn't have the experience I'm having but get a clue and come prepared!
Good post with actual numbers and experience. Driving their Sprinter for .60-.62/mile and you buying the fuel is a good gig...especially with good miles.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Good post with actual numbers and experience. Driving their Sprinter for .60-.62/mile and you buying the fuel is a good gig...especially with good miles.

sitting in the seat for a 1000 miles avg run is usually 20 hrs in the seat, yep you gotta run really hard for 4500 miles a week and that will wear you out, IMHO>.

Boogiedown

Active Expediter
We loved them they were very good to us the only reason we left was that our house was buglarized & trashed so we had to come home to deal with that. They started us with no expediter exp.
That is the one company that we would love to go back to work for in a straight truck. They get 10 ********** :~)

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
We drove a CV leased to Blair for a couple months. Company wasn't bad, just ended up with a total jerk for an owner. They were decent and respectful to us. O/O's will be running against their company vehicles. An O/O and a company driver sitting in the same area guess who's getting the load? Orientation is about 45 minutes...........lol, they try to get loads with 1000 plus miles, they don't worry about the short runs. When we were there they didn't use Qualcomm, everything was by phone. They'll run ya hard, no doubt.