Any idea who this is??

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a response this morning. It's Hanna Express. 815 area code, must be from Illinois. I didn't apply, was just wondering who it was.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
If I'm not mistaken that same ad ran about a year ago in Chatanooga Tn. I think they were hauling for Wal Mart or K Mart or something like that. I believe it was a major carrier like Hunt or something. We talked about here.

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
****!!....I just told my guys I will no longer run for less than a $1.00 a mile....And I thought that was on the low side....!!

Are Rates really running at .70 to .90 on avg out there....I thought a buck a mile was as low as I could go in a sprinter...I'd be alot more comfortable at a 1.10 to 1.20 but I'm afraid I'd be sitting alot more than I already am if I demanded that....

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I saw this same ad on CL in southern Ohio last summer, and yep, it's pretty rare that anyone posting on CL in Jobs or many other categories post their business name. Should be revealed upon contact, though, and this is what bill says happened with this ad when they told him Hanna Express.

As for rates...a lot of that depends on the FSC doesn't it? I run for straight $/mile with no FSC so have little experience with how much FSC is these days or how different companies might play it.

CL always seems chock full of Transport ads looking for drivers of all sorts, from dump truck to concrete carriers to flat beds to TT to expediters to local courier, and most seem like companies who have trouble keeping drivers, for whatever reason. Those reasons are not always the fault of the company.

I think dozens and dozens of people stumble upon these ads every day, in every city across America, who have absolutely no professional driving experience and even less experience being on the road, though think things like "Whoa cool, I can make money just for sitting behind a steering wheel every day? Where do I sign up?"

Then a lot of them enter the driving work force. Some are taken advantage of as fresh meat by unscrupulous carriers. Some find legit work with great carriers but find out fast the work and the lifestyle is not for them. Others struggle to find a good fit as far as carrier and pay. Etc etc etc

All contributes to the rather amazing turnover in the transport industry, from what I can see.

And some who find their way into driving from a CL post, some actually find their way through the madness and become Drivers.

mohawk

Active Expediter
i found A Blair through a cl ad and i couldn't be happier so i guess sometimes it works but i would treat it with high suspicion.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The company I'm with right now I found on Craigslist. But they did have their name in the add.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They don't want company drivers because no company driver would work without receiving any kind of benefits. Their rates likely wouldn't support any sort of bennies for possible company drivers, much less the contractors running for less than nothing. I suppose the way they see it 2007 and newer model equipment might breakdown a little less than older trucks since their rates won't cover the maintinence. This is the prefered model for companies with contractors in the TT world. People tripping over themselves to sign up for it too. Favorite part is the "must be willing to stay out for 2 weeks at a time" gotta force dispatch to cover all the cheap freight and get everyone plenty of miles. Probably a moneymaker for the fat cats but the turnover must create a lot of headaches.

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Got a response this morning. It's Hanna Express. 815 area code, must be from Illinois. I didn't apply, was just wondering who it was.

Another on this site did run for them or pulled a couple of loads. Said they don't advance any money on trips and pay in 30 days. He's a member of this forum so I won't give his name but if he reads this then he might reply. They are out of Il.

Robert K Giese

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will tell you to stay away from Hana Express, part time dispatch, handful of drivers and 2 dispatchers, the owner and another part time, owner has another day job. They will get you the first load available so they can get back to their day job.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will tell you to stay away from Hana Express, part time dispatch, handful of drivers and 2 dispatchers, the owner and another part time, owner has another day job. They will get you the first load available so they can get back to their day job.

When your very first message is an attempt to discredit someone or a company, it's gonna fall on deaf ears.

If you have something to add to the forum, go for it ....

btw, the thread is from 2013

Last edited:
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

pnicol

Expert Expediter
The previous post by Mr Giese was done so after he made two very belligerent phone calls to our dispatch and made multiple accusations that were far fetched, defamatory, full of offensive language, and laced with threats. Despite being a company that prides ourselves on flexibility, and allowing our drivers to work with other carriers while working with us, Mr Giese decided that our efforts to find him loads and keep him busy would be met with anger and judgement. Our company has been in business since 1997, and has always gone the extra mile for those who have worked for us, and we will continue to do so. We might be small with two dispatchers, but we work very hard to maximize on opportunities even in the most challenging expedite markets.

Reactions: jcoppman

Robert K Giese

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
This was after they booked a load before I agreed to the load and then after they decided not to pay me as scheduled but on their own time.

John49

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Morning Fellas expediters!! What’s the Name of the company you guys Expediting with I would like to join if possible!!! Thanks