Any idea what could cause this?

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Big cat, try not to drink anything brown that's cold like coke, Pepsi, iced tea until you are better. Leo is right, cranberry juice, lemonade, etc Mostly water.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
As the proud producer of about 45 stones over a 12 year period I'm sad to report if you've had one you're likely going to have more. If you pass one and can retrieve it take it to get analzed. Pee when you first get the urge: DO NOT DELAY. Drink water till it hurts. If you need soda drink clear or root beer. Avoid alcohol. Once you know if you have oxylate, calcium, or uric acid stones you'll fine tune your diet. Stones can kill. Stones can cause you to lose a kidney. They can spoil an otherwise nice day. Hope you never get another one but history says you will. We'll pray for you, Steady, and all the other stoners out there.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Page 2 Avoid caffine. It, along with alcohol, dries out the urine allowing the solids to collect as stones. At first I missed beer and iced tea. I'll never miss the stones.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Get tested for diabetes ASAP. You described what happens to me when my sugar fluctuates. As for the blood, my dad had that, thought it was a standard UTI, turns out it was a UTI caused by high glucose in his urine, his blood glucose was 331 (the sugar allows bacteria to breed). Any vision changes?

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Big Cat, did the Dr do a complete blood workup and get pictures of the stones ? Or did he say you had stone symptoms ? I once was a heart attack patient until testing ruled that out and it was complications of a stone. What Lisa says is right. Find out exactly what Dr did and did not do. You know how you felt;next time you may feel worse !

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Make SURE you also tell your doctor if you have: extreme fatigue, thirsty, hungry, intense craving for sweets, feeling cold, cuts or scrapes taking longer to heal, frequent urination, mood swings (specifically: short-fused), recent weight changes, sprouting horns. Ok, maybe not the last one. I found out for me, that's normal.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Lately I have been getting dizzy and kind of shaking and I'm fine if I eat a pack of crackers for a little bit then it hits me again. This happens whether I'm hungry or just ate doesn't matter.

About 10 minutes ago I went to the restroom and urinated blood and had a burning sensation. My side has been aching since just a little before that. Didn't think anything of it until I saw blood in the water and now I'm just a little scared of what it could be.

Super. Low blood sugar. When you do eat. Make sure u load up with protein and eat your three reg meals but makesure to eat 2. High protein snacks inbetween. As far as pee bloody. That sounds like. Kidneys have took a beating over the years. Nothing to play around with. Make sure u get to a doc asap

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Went last night and the problem was kidney stones. All is well doc just said lay off soda for a bit and drink more water.

So I assume he did an ultrasound?

It sounds like diabetis to me. Not the "pre" stuff either.

I bet it wasn't really blood in the urine but rather you are passing a lot of 'stuff' like sugar which turns the urine very dark, sometimes with a red tint due to the lighting. I had the same problem, seriously thought I had cancer but it was the issue with sugar.

I would find a doc who will do a fasting test (4 hour), A1c test, and a full panel of blood tests to see where you are at. I would also recommend elminating all that sugar crap right away, even stay away from diet stuff (which is worse than the sweet stuff), tea (which taxes the kidneys too) and try to drink a cup or two of coffee without sugar, but drink distilled water to flush your system out, put a little lemon juice in it to flavor it.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Greg and Lisa..I'm experimenting with a high fibre tablet that you take right before eating with a full glass of water..(recommened in a book I was reading..Beat Diabetes naturally by Michael Murray and Michael Lyon). It's made in Canada but available thru Amazon. com. It's called PGX with mulberry and is supposed to help lower your glycemic index. Just started but I do believe it is helping.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Greg and Lisa..I'm experimenting with a high fibre tablet that you take right before eating with a full glass of water..(recommened in a book I was reading..Beat Diabetes naturally by Michael Murray and Michael Lyon). It's made in Canada but available thru Amazon. com. It's called PGX with mulberry and is supposed to help lower your glycemic index. Just started but I do believe it is helping.

Diabetes was a contributing factor to the deaths of my paternal grandmother and father. I don't have the guts to "experiment". Thanks anyway!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get tested for diabetes ASAP. You described what happens to me when my sugar fluctuates. As for the blood, my dad had that, thought it was a standard UTI, turns out it was a UTI caused by high glucose in his urine, his blood glucose was 331 (the sugar allows bacteria to breed). Any vision changes?

Yep you are right about getting checked out.
As Stoner #2 on here, (zorry being #1), we know that when kidney stones move you will get all kind of things going on. Pain, hurting in the side, down the leg, weak, wanta throw up, see three hats when there is only one, more pain, sinking feeling with pain, and oh yeah.....P A I N.

Ms Lisa, I'll be sending you a P.M on another matter....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yep you are right about getting checked out.
As Stoner #2 on here, (zorry being #1), we know that when kidney stones move you will get all kind of things going on. Pain, hurting in the side, down the leg, weak, wanta throw up, see three hats when there is only one, more pain, sinking feeling with pain, and oh yeah.....P A I N.

Ms Lisa, I'll be sending you a P.M on another matter....

Stoners, huh? Well, now us ex Cons [former ConWay Now O/Os] won't feel like the only reprobates in the group, lol.
When my younger daughter had some stones last year, I learned that they are not all the same, and that's why dietary advice needs to be tailored to suit the composition of the stones.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm glad this is working out for big cat. Glad to see the EO community is always on hand with good advice! :D