Cargo Van Any good lease purchase options for CV w/ Panther

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
when I bought my 2013 van it started out on 72 month lease, we agree that amount of miles I drove in year was from 60,000 to 70,000 . at the end of lease , it should be worth $22,000. I could buy, it trade, in for a new one.
if it wasn't worth $22,000 I would make up the different or if it sold for more I would get anything over $22,000.
when I bought it Sept of 2016, it was worth, $27,000, (I had a year to go on lease) the reason I took it off of lease was to buy it get at a reduce monthly payment. when I sold it in july of 2017 it was worth about $25,000. but sold it for what I owed on it $20,000is what I owed credit union. so when I was ready to retire I could. so I made out ok.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
these are ball park numbers, interest rate would depend on credit rating, depending on bank or credit union you use.
if you lease who you use to lease vehicle from. the type of lease, I have use trac lease, you agree how much vehicle will be worth at the end of lease. you may turn it in, or keep it, or buy it depending how lease is set up. all the lease I have done I was responsible for keeping up and paying for the maintenance .
this is estimate for a loan
price $46.701 , 10,000 down , $36,000, monthly payment around $663., plus sale tax, Virginia sales is %4, or what ever state you are from is. plus fee's for deliver of vehicle are. also at time of buying the unit there may be program's they you may take advantage of. does your company have any discount for from MB .these are only ball park numbers. also if every $1000. down you lower your payment by $17.00 or so. this price could be higher or lower depending on taxes and interest rate.

$663 for how many months?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
these are ball park numbers, interest rate would depend on credit rating, depending on bank or credit union you use.
if you lease who you use to lease vehicle from. the type of lease, I have use trac lease, you agree how much vehicle will be worth at the end of lease. you may turn it in, or keep it, or buy it depending how lease is set up. all the lease I have done I was responsible for keeping up and paying for the maintenance .
this is estimate for a loan
price $46.701 , 10,000 down , $36,000, monthly payment around $663., plus sale tax, Virginia sales is %4, or what ever state you are from is. plus fee's for deliver of vehicle are. also at time of buying the unit there may be program's they you may take advantage of. does your company have any discount for from MB .these are only ball park numbers. also if every $1000. down you lower your payment by $17.00 or so. this price could be higher or lower depending on taxes and interest rate.

$663 for how many months?
I think he mentioned 72 months in post 21.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Geo, thanks for coming back.
I still don’t know what you’ve got. Not sure you know either.
You mentioned an unlimited mileage lease. That piqued curiosity. I wonder if you meant you have unlimited choices in picking your mileage. It looks like you had a lease with 420,000 miles.
Anyway, I’ll walk away thinking a lease is a very poor/ expensive way you get a vehicle.
Unless you throw out a complete set of numbers to prove otherwise.
When I ask a salesman a question, and he doesn’t answer, I’ll ask again.
If he doesn’t give me a straight answer on the second try, I find a better salesman.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think he mentioned 72 months in post 21.
You sure about that? 72 or 60 ... or maybe 84 ...

You tell them what monthly payment you want & they'll make they'll fit ... somewhere ...

c23324dae389fcb0be8851cc6b46ba38.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
because of all the variables including mileage and modifications, it would be tough to recommend any type of lease on a vehicle used for expediting. It may appear good in the beginning, but seldom has a happy ending. Poke around in here and you will find a few horror stories.

Reactions: Grizzly