anti virus

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The best free antivirus is AVG. It's not truly great, but it's free, and it's the best of the free.

The best antivirus is NOD32 from Eset. It's truly great.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The best free antivirus is AVG. It's not truly great, but it's free, and it's the best of the free.

The best antivirus is NOD32 from Eset. It's truly great.

AGREED!!!

In addition the gray matter between your years is probably your best defence. This is according to my Guru, Leo LaPorte. He puts out a lot of Podcast, and a syndicated radio show that is also broadcast on SiriusXM.

No 1 on his list don't open attachments to E-Mail. Even from those you know. (Their putter could have been hijacked by the bad guys.

No 2 Always log on as "non administrator"

The Tech Guy Labs - Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" on the Premiere Radio Networks

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I use AVG for anti virua and shybot Sereach and Destroy for spyware. Both work good, and are free.

R

riverrat

I took my laptop in to get a tune up and the guy turned me onto AVAST antivirus its free and really works great, I can't believe what it picks up, I had nortons 360 before and AVAST caught 6 viruses that 360 missed and to top it off it isn't hogging resources like 360 did.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I took my laptop in to get a tune up and the guy turned me onto AVAST antivirus its free and really works great, I can't believe what it picks up, I had nortons 360 before and AVAST caught 6 viruses that 360 missed and to top it off it isn't hogging resources like 360 did.

I agree with riverrat. I've been building and repairing computers since 1990 in the Army. Avast! has been the best I have came across. Low resource usage, many different options for scanning and if you get a virus that can't be deleted or quarantined, it gives you the option to scan after reboot before any services or any processes has started so it can be removed. So many more things I like about this program I could type all day about it. Just read about it yourself and give it a try.

avast! - Download antivirus software for spyware and virus protection

Be sure to get the free version. :cool: