Anti-siphon device

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
I recently installed this device in each tank on my fld-120. They installed very easy and look very formidal to would be slim ball fuel theives. Cost was $49.00 for two(shipping incld) which is about 10 gallons of fuel now, seemed cost effective. I have 300 gallon cap. so I do sleep better now. I bought them through Ryder Fleet Products - Starting Page cause they seemed cheaper than others. No problems fueling or otherwise

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Wally,

Can you give the link to the actual page to order them. I'm not finding the part you're referring to. Thanks!

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I saw then in the shop at TA in Forestell, MO. 2 days ago. If they are there, they will probably be in all TA's

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the Post. I will be ordering on Monday, purchased 2 KW locking gas caps years ago, Pain in the Rear.

At this price its a cheap investment as anyone of us could loose $950.00 or more after any fuel up. Has anyone noticed anyone looking to see where you park after fueling?

I heard it on XM to pull into a one open spot only after fueling, as theives will come park next to you, during the middle of the night steal the fuel. Less of a chance between two already parked trucks, unless of course you would have the unfortunate luck of pulling in next to the thief himself.

I have heard Rest Areas are Natorious for this happening more so than a Truck Stop cause of the angle parking, and no one looking out for one another.

So what would you do if you saw someone stealing fuel from a fellow driver?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
if im stealing your fuel,it wont be thru the top,loosen a hose and it will run out fast enough so you wont get cought,oh just my opinion

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Steve; How are going to collect the fuel to then put it into your tanks? One could not fit a 55 gallon drum under my tanks let alone a five gallon bucket?

With all those side panels on my Truck GOOD LUCK crawling under them and not getting stuck. On second thougth go ahead and try as that will be the day I will IGNORE a PTI and just run one over. Think I would be prosicuted for failing to check under the truck for a thief and than put tire marks all over his pancake body, maybee back up a time or two also just cause I felt something go bump.

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
Tell me has anyone out there ever had their full stollen? I sleep all over the place, truck stops, rest areas, parking lots, at the dock i'm picking up or delivering to. I never once thought about anyone stealing my fuel. Now i'll never sleep again!

I worry more about coming back out to my truck and finding that some kids thought i needed a new paint job on my box. Has happened twice where i park by my home. And to this day i still can't figure out what they wrote. What ever happened to the good taggers that had pride in their art?

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
You also need to watch out for fuel theft when you leave
your truck at a dealership overnight for work to be done.
We lost about 10 gallons last week when our truck was in
the shop.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
I sometimes park at the pilot on the west side of phoenix for extended stays at home, that place is a hellhole for all kinds of stuff. I used to always worry about the truck being there. Another bad time is when you jump out late at nite with your shower bag, bad guys can expect you to be gone for an hour. When I drove for Wal Mart, it was not unusal to hear of fuel thefts throughout the fleet. What would I do if I caught someone, use only that amount of force necassary to detain them until the cops got there to tote away their bloody body.....lol

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
people that would steal your fuel are looking for the easy way,broom,they arent going for a truck with the aero dynamic covers,and if you ever ran out of fuel and tried to syphin some out of someones truck that came to help,you would know its almost impossible.Yeaers ago guys had pumps on their trucks that t hey could pump the fuel out of your truck faster than you could put it in,and as far as a bucket,all they do is cut your line and attach a line from their truck to your truck,in the morning your fuel is gone ,they wont worry about waking you up,they wont be stealing fuel with a parked truck stop truck,to many parked while people are home