Another Obama Ammo Grab

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
l am pretty sure you can ship to yourself from 1 address to another.

I don't know, I have never had to do that. I know when I bought a rifle at an out of state shop I had to ship it to a shop. Same when I bought a lower receiver. I had to pick them up at the shop. Even though I had already did, and passed, a NICS check when I bought them.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Same here layout with online purchase. l also bought a gun from a friend of mine and he shipped it to an FFL so l could p/u and be legal. l'd rather spend $30 at an FFL than have to mess with ATF. Heck they might find my still, and my untaxed cigarettes. :eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm still concerned about the issue of unstable individuals who want maximum outrage [like the terrorists] and choose schools to prove it.
The arming of some teachers & officials sounds good, until the first time one of them shoots an innocent, and then they'll all change their minds tout suite, or the insurance/lawyers will change it for them. So: how can we protect kids in schools from crazies with more firepower than Bonnie & Clyde ran into?

PS Why does nobody get their own FFL? It can't be that hard, since my ex had one...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I'm still concerned about the issue of unstable individuals who want maximum outrage [like the terrorists] and choose schools to prove it.
The arming of some teachers & officials sounds good, until the first time one of them shoots an innocent, and then they'll all change their minds tout suite, or the insurance/lawyers will change it for them. So: how can we protect kids in schools from crazies with more firepower than Bonnie & Clyde ran into?

PS Why does nobody get their own FFL? It can't be that hard, since my ex had one...

How do we protect the children,,Age old question.
How do you.. 1 answer is by not taking away a very reliable means of doing so. Another could be, Make sure you and the kids live in a bubble.
Its no easy answer but, without a means to do so the only answer is, You Dont.
As far as the innocent being hurt. I guess we gotta refer back to the bubble. Remember your talking about the innocent being attacked.
FFL isn't hard to get, just jump the hoops and pay the fees.. Reasons some don't get it and my answer is, I don't wanna be a dealer. Lets just say it would be easier for me to give your x the 50$/profit and I go order what I want.. Like being a driver. Not everyone wants a CDL.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can't protect the children or anyone else, not in the way you want. There is no way to 100% guarantee and protect anyone. You can only do the best possible. You do that by being prepared. You do that by properly equipping and training and preparing more good people than bad. You combine that with consequences so extremely onerous that no one other than the truly, legitimately insane would ever risk receiving the consequences. None of that happens by legislating against and restricting the good people.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Expanding on what Leo said, criminals, terrorists, etc, always have been, and always will, be able to get what ever arms they need. Countries, including our own, will supply terrorists if it suits the needs of that government. Criminals will steal guns or purchase them on the black market, which is thriving and will grow, and become more powerful, as legal firearms and ammunition, are restricted or outlawed.

Governments, all of them, create the atmosphere for crime to flourish. The more government restricts freedom, imposes regulation, the higher the crime rate. There are only two ways for them to stop it, one would be to have a system like in Singapore where you can be caned for chewing gum, or the better way, kill off the black market by opening up a legal, less regulated, source of what the people want.

Don't believe that government causes crime to escalate by regulating what they have no business regulating? Just look at Prohibition, the "Drug War" and cigarette smuggling, just to name a few.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It's a pretty big hassle, and of course there's a LOT of paperwork involved along with the fees. Then there's proof of compliance, more paperwork, govt oversight. Most people don't feel it's worth is unless you're willing to open up a brick and mortar store or set up a well developed website. On the other hand you can get a curio and relic license fairly easily.

https://www.atf.gov/content/Firearms/firearms-industry/ATF-f-531012-form-7-instructions

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Having a FFL opens one up to inspection by the BATFE. There is no need to have the federal government involved in everyday citizens exercising their rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights.