And This....is 2020

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just (tried to) spent the night at the new J near Riverside/Ontario. They enforce the 2 he limit for front parking and charge $15 in the back. Shower wait is 20 deep all day long. Other than that it's a really nice place, except for using plastic straws

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Imo, no need to pay for parking in a cargo van ...
One of the truck stops in that area will provide free parking if you spend like $10-$15 inside. It could be paying for food, supplies, showers .. whatever. So basically you park overnight and the next morning show your receipts at the guard shack on the way out. I'd have to look up exactly which truck stop ...

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
One of the truck stops in that area will provide free parking if you spend like $10-$15 inside. It could be paying for food, supplies, showers .. whatever. So basically you park overnight and the next morning show your receipts at the guard shack on the way out. I'd have to look up exactly which truck stop ...
I have never paid for parking and have never had a problem finding overnight parking, just reporting the information about the new Truck stop. More importantly the shower information so that y'all would know to allow waiting time.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have never paid for parking and have never had a problem finding overnight parking, just reporting the information about the new Truck stop. More importantly the shower information so that y'all would know to allow waiting time.

:sxmas_santathumbup_100-100: :sxmas_santathumbup_100-100: Gotcha ....

Anytime Fitness & cheaper fuel on the street is what I've been doing for awhile .....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ontario TA and Petro. I always stayed at the Petro, and never had a problem getting a shower. Also, it's easy to spend $20 (for a rig) to get your paid. Never had to pay.

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I was honored to be given a tour of OVM's
palace in the park. The gentleman knows how to live the luxury life, surrounded by nature and wildlife while having his own team of homeland security agents nearby.
We had great conversation, then he grilled his locally trapped pig and deer, plus a little skunk for flavor. Then for dessert, he served a whole hotdog, just for me.
Sorry I had to leave to do my laundry!!
Nice to meet you, Ken.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was honored to be given a tour of OVM's
palace in the park. The gentleman knows how to live the luxury life, surrounded by nature and wildlife while having his own team of homeland security agents nearby.
We had great conversation, then he grilled his locally trapped pig and deer, plus a little skunk for flavor. Then for dessert, he served a whole hotdog, just for me.
Sorry I had to leave to do my laundry!!
Nice to meet you, Ken.
Great to meet you as well... in some ways I miss the industry...its the people...:)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
When I got up today I thought of Clint Eastwood - "Do You Feel Lucky Today"? After a couple swings & misses and a false start and then dispatch pulled one out of his hat. Just as Nancy Wilson (Heart) started singing Magic Man on the radio, karma, it worked and LA to the other end of I-5 at the Canadian border is in our sights.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I got up today I thought of Clint Eastwood - "Do You Feel Lucky Today"? After a couple swings & misses and a false start and then dispatch pulled one out of his hat. Just as Nancy Wilson (Heart) started singing Magic Man on the radio, karma, it worked and LA to the other end of I-5 at the Canadian border is in our sights.

I have an old high school classmate in Bellingham

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Tastes like Pork.
Not hard to germinate neither.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Worn Out Manager