Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
<Grumble>

5c9174cd2400007e064db520.png

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Congrats, WOM and Mrs WOM. You give me hope that my plunge into 2020 next week will be the start of a great year. We all need a full tank of optimism.
Stranger still was a pick in the area where we live, only second time in 5 years. Like where you live, we usually have put in some miles just to go in service.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy New Year to everyone! Finished up the last decade solid. Now running a Chicago to the city of brotherly love.

The PA Turnpike is closed east of Pittsburgh; avoid the area if you can. Bad wreck, 5 dead; two rigs, a straight truck, a car and a bus. Road could be closed for hours.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: NorthernBill

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
The PA Turnpike is closed east of Pittsburgh; avoid the area if you can. Bad wreck, 5 dead; two rigs, a straight truck, a car and a bus. Road could be closed for hours.

Saw that, nasty! Ice involved in crash? You ever notice that when you see pictures of the multi truck crashes there are always FedEx trailers in them?

• Haha
Reactions: Grizzly

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bad one, we are East of it. People drive crazy close, no time to react.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Saw that, nasty! Ice involved in crash? You ever notice that when you see pictures of the multi truck crashes there are always FedEx trailers in them?

I'm willing to bet the bus was speeding.

The bus struck an embankment as it was on a downhill curve, causing a chain reaction collision of passenger vehicles and three tractor trailers, according to Pennsylvania State Police spokeswoman Cpl. Holly Reber-Billings.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The bus struck an embankment as it was on a downhill curve, causing a chain reaction collision of passenger vehicles and three tractor trailers, according to Pennsylvania State Police spokeswoman Cpl. Holly Reber-Billings.

We all see it time and time again. I simply don't get it!

1 - Vehicles travel too close together.
2 - Vehicles travel too fast for the road conditions.

I back way off when vehicles get too close. Screw 'em. I'm the slowpoke in the right hand lane ....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That’s probably a safe bet, Rags. Even Greyhound drivers play sports car with their coaches on the turnpike in those parts of PA.

That stretch of the Pike is very hilly and curvy; especially in the area where this happened. The speed limit has long been 55 through there, but we all know how that goes. The bus company seems to have a decent safety record with the FMCSA, so this one might end up getting pinned on the driver, who paid for his possible mistakes with his life . Given that he went up an embankment and laid the bus down, it’s safe to say he was flying. I feel awful for the two UPS drivers killed; while they’re no slowpokes, Brown drivers are usually pretty safe.

Expect PSP to be uber strict in that area for some time to come; given the road, the hills, etc. that’ll probably be a good thing tbh.