AMU Repairs

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On May 17 I took my truck into the Baltimore Freightliner for work on an air leak. They replaced 2 AMU's. When I left for my load the next morning I had problems. The locking differential was locked and the air bags were down. I was able to get the air bags up by pulling the dash valve by hand. I ran the load I had like that.

I then took it to the TA in Branford, CT. They could not pinpoint why things were not working but capped off an air line to unlock the differential. I finished another load Friday, came home and put the truck into the Freightliner in Monroe, MI.

This morning they called me and informed me that Baltimore had reversed to wires on the AMU when they installed it.

I spent $117 at the TA for their work and $172 at Monroe for theirs.

I called Baltimore and they said to email them the two work orders and they will see what they can do.

That is where it stands now. When I get final results I will post it. Any shop can mess up. How they fix their mess ups is very important.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
I hope you have better luck with freightliner than I did with peterbilt. Had an issue in Portland that was not fixed right, grand rapids finally fixed it, but Portland would not even talk to them about helping correct their mistake.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hope you have better luck with freightliner than I did with peterbilt. Had an issue in Portland that was not fixed right, grand rapids finally fixed it, but Portland would not even talk to them about helping correct their mistake.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Monroe told me that Freightliner will take care of parts but not labor. I have to deal with Baltimore with that.

We shall see what happens.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
UPDATE:

The Freightliner/Western Star in Baltimore has yet to take care of this. They have only called me once. When I ask what is going on they tell me that they are "still looking into it".

It feels like a "run around" to me. I will give them till the end of the week. I will call them on Monday.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
UPDATE:

The Freightliner/Western Star in Baltimore has yet to take care of this. They have only called me once. When I ask what is going on they tell me that they are "still looking into it".

It feels like a "run around" to me. I will give them till the end of the week. I will call them on Monday.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had a similar issue with Freightliner in Council Bluffs. They over charged my A/C and I had to have it corrected at another dealer. I sent in the bill from the 2nd dealer, around $90, and they did nothing for over a week. When I called back, they said they didn't think they would refund the money, but I should send them the copy of the bill again. I said they allready had it, and if I did anything else at this point it would be a call to Freightliner. I was put on hold and a couple of minutes later he came back on and said he'd credit the card I used, which he did.

So, the moral of the story is, if you threaten to tell their Mom on them, you may get results.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had a similar issue with Freightliner in Council Bluffs. They over charged my A/C and I had to have it corrected at another dealer. I sent in the bill from the 2nd dealer, around $90, and they did nothing for over a week. When I called back, they said they didn't think they would refund the money, but I should send them the copy of the bill again. I said they allready had it, and if I did anything else at this point it would be a call to Freightliner. I was put on hold and a couple of minutes later he came back on and said he'd credit the card I used, which he did.

So, the moral of the story is, if you threaten to tell their Mom on them, you may get results.

If I don't get the right answer by Monday that is going to be my next step.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Did you pay with a credit card?

If so, call the card company and file a complaint that the work wasn't done right.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did you pay with a credit card?

If so, call the card company and file a complaint that the work wasn't done right.

That is another option. I was told, however, that a business does not get the same level of credit card protection that a consumer gets. They are getting tomorrow to call, if not on Monday I start with Freightliner and the card company.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Baltimore has called twice today. They are claiming it is not their fault. I told them to call the shop in Monroe, MI. Waiting again.