Americas-Union

babs3361

Expert Expediter
On a previous thread someone has mentioned Mexico becoming the 51st state. While that is not completely correct here is the web site that explains what is in the works. http//americas-union.org/ Tis is the meeting Pres Bush, Pres Fox and the Prime minister of Canada had in Crawford Tx. when they meet. This may explain alot to many of you on why things are going the way they are here In the US and our jobs.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>On a previous thread someone has mentioned Mexico becoming
>the 51st state. While that is not completely correct here is
>the web site that explains what is in the works.
>http//americas-union.org/ Tis is the meeting Pres Bush, Pres
>Fox and the Prime minister of Canada had in Crawford Tx.
>when they meet. This may explain alot to many of you on why
>things are going the way they are here In the US and our
>jobs.

Well, Babs3361..colour me a skeptic. The Prime Minister of Canada meets with the President of the United States on a regular basis. They have included the President of Mexico in their meetings before.
The 3 countries share this continent and so their leaders do meet to discuss common issues.
There is nothing sinister about these meetings.
We are NOT trying to join the USA, and I would be shoked if Mexico is trying either. Is any citizen of Canada wants to become an American; all they have to do is move south of the border.
I looked at your link to that website and I see someone's pipedream.
Please do not believe everything you read on the internet.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, sounds to me like someone is expediting a load of crap. I have been hearing about this North American Union thing for several years now. The problem is it is never from a viable news organization, it is generally just some dubious web site or late night radio conspiracy theorist. Art Bell is retired. let it go.....besides all that, have you been to Laredo lately?? If there was any chance of any kind of union or statehood or any such nonsense, why would they be building all those cross docks??? give me a break. Hey, I have an idea, why don't all you nut jobs that believe this crap sell your Y2K generators back to wherever you got'em and give the money to our government. maybe you can reduce our foreign debt enough that we won't have to create the "AMERO" .....

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Take a gander at www.worldnetdaily.com some very very interesting stories on there. Our economy is screwed, country is 51 TRILLION in debt, thats $51,000,000,000,000.00. Even if they taxed every living person in the US at 100% it wouldn't even cover the current budget. Were bankrupt and Bush knows it and looking for a way out. By creating the Americas and in turn creating the Amero our debit is wiped clean, but also we as American loose everything. Just the other week Bush sent a whole bunch of people to China to talk them out selling their holdings of the dollar. Thankfully only 2 more years...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We aren't $51 trillion in actual debt anymore than we were in an actual surplus when Clinton was in office. There is a huge difference between a budget deficit and budget surplus, and actual spending. The actual figure is about $8.6 trillion at the moment, according the US Treasury Department.

During the first week of January 2003, as we were preparing for war, and while the Democrats were whining about defense spending, the National Debt actually went down; from $$6.40 Trillion on Dec. 31, 2002 to $6.38 Trillion on Jan. 8, 2003. That's a $20 Billion payoff of the Debt while the economy was not the best and while we were in the middle of the War on Terrorism. How did G. W. do that? The answer is, or course, he didn't.

During the Clinton Years, with a Democratic White House and Congress, during booming economic times, the actual National Debt increased each and every year. How is that possible with the massive surplus that Clinton gave us? The answer is the massive surplus was a budget surplus, which has nothing to do with what was actually spent.

Because of the way in which the Federal Government prints money, we will likely never again have zero debt, much less an actual surplus. Sorry.

Democrats and Republicans alike use the same smoke machine and the same mirror factory to generate their spin. Also keep in mind that Congress, not the President, controls the purse strings.
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
"Thankfully only 2 more years... "

Then what? Hillary? Please...

I'm not the least bit happy with our commander in chief. The problem is they never follow through with what they know really needs to be done out of fear they will anger too large a group of voters that may prevent their re-election or the re-election of thier party members. Career politicians have made a mochary of our government and until strict term limits are in place it won't change. I have not voted libertarian because I knew I was wasting my vote. Well, I think I was wrong and probobly will vote that way from now on since they best represent what I believe the governments role in our lives should be.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
The Bush administration is running a federal budget deficit at an unsustainable, system-dooming pace of about $3.5 trillion a year, econometrician John Williams, who publishes the website Shadow Government Statistics, told WND.

Williams' argument is fully validated in the Financial Report of the United States, a little-known report Congress has mandated that the Treasury Department publishes each year, reporting the federal budget on a GAAP accounting basis, not on a cash accrual basis.
The 2006 edition of the Financial Report of the United States is due out tomorrow.

"Typically, the Treasury reports the budget deficit on current accounts basis. That's why Treasury announced recently that the 2006 federal budget deficit was going to be $248.2 billion. But it is a gimmick," Williams claimed.

"When we see the Treasury report on Friday we are probably going to find out that the real 2006 federal budget deficit is more like $3.5 trillion."

Williams predicts, however, the mainstream media won't report it.

"It's not the type of news Reuters, Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal like to broadcast to investors and the American public," he said. "Besides, the financial press won't take the time and effort to analyze the figures and comb through the footnotes. The report is going to be released on Friday and most financial reporters aren't accountants."

Why the huge discrepancy between the two figures?

"The $248 billion federal budget deficit figure results from what basically amounts to a cash flow analysis," Williams explained. "On a cash basis, the Treasury takes all the tax revenue, including Social Security taxes, as current income. The trick is that Treasury essentially steals the money that comes in on Social Security taxes, without accounting for any offsetting Social Security liability. When you run your accounting that way, the Treasury gets to report a federal budget deficit that dramatically reduces the real figure."

What's different about the anticipated 2006 Financial Report of the United States?

"Congress a few years ago mandated that the Treasury had to report one report each year that used GAAP accounting," Williams told WND. "Then, when you figure in all liabilities including Social Security and Medicare, the real 2006 deficit is huge by comparison. What I expect to show up on Friday is a real federal budget deficit of $3.5 trillion or more, not the $248.2 billion earlier reported."

"Even worse," Williams continued, "the U.S. Government's negative net worth widened to $49.4 trillion in 2005. For the first time, total government liabilities have topped $50 trillion, and the number is continuing to grow. The United States is bankrupt, whether the Bush administration wants to admit it or not."

A quick study of the following table Williams has posted on his website shows the alarming nature of the Bush administration federal budget shortfalls when GAAP accounting methods are used and all Social Security and Medicare liabilities are fully realized.

Source: John Williams, Shadow Government Statistics, on ShadowStats.com

How serious a problem are federal deficits of this magnitude?

"A federal budget deficit in the trillions of dollars is beyond the reach of fiscal control," Williams answered. "Even if the federal government raised individual and corporate income taxes to 100 percent, simply confiscating every penny every business and person in the U.S. made, we would still have a federal deficit."

"There are lots of people who know that the federal deficit is in the trillions," Williams continued. "The problem is that few dare sound the alarm. The magnitude of the budget deficit problem is just too enormous and neither political party has the courage to address the problem."

Williams is clear about the coming danger.

"The United States is bankrupt," he insisted. "With less than one-tenth of the actual deficit being reported each year, a cumulative negative net worth exceeding $50 trillion has built up in stealth to where the total obligations of the U.S. government are now more than four times our annual gross domestic product.

"The Treasury numbers in the Financial Report of the United States are hard," Williams insisted, "and the doomsday is not far off. Still, the Treasury is going to report the numbers on a Friday and I don't expect you will hear much about it."

Williams' website issues a dire warning to WND:

"Indeed the unfolding fiscal nightmare likely will entail a U.S. hyperinflation and a resulting collapse in the value of the world's primary reserve currency, the dollar. When this starts to unravel it will unravel fast. I don't know whether it will be the dominant issue in the 2008 presidential election, but I believe it will be by 2012."

The Treasury Department confirmed to WND the 2006 Financial Report of the United States will be issued tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time at a Treasury Department press conference. The Treasury Department declined to comment on the content of the report.

When the report is released, Treasury Secretary Henry Paulsen and Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke will still be in China. Just before Thanksgiving, China started a dollar sell-off by suggesting Beijing wanted to hold less than the current 70 percent of its $1 trillion in foreign exchange reserves in U.S. dollars. Paulsen and Bernanke plan to explore with China ways the U.S. can reduce the large and growing U.S. trade deficit.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just be careful about gleaning most or all of your information from one source, or from several like sources. Much of the above is Chicken Little type stuff, done for a purpose. Williams even contradicts himself in a few spots there. While some of his information is most definitely worth taking note of, the other manipulations of the same numbers and analysis are just as worthy. Once you have all of that information, the real picture will begin to emerge. There are three stories at work here, the zealot's on the left, the zealot's on the right, and the more accurate untold story in the middle.

If the US is currently bankrupt, I mean really and truly bankrupt, then Williams is absolutely correct in that it will unravel quickly. Williams states that it will happen quickly, but if we are already in debt at 4 times the GNP, it should have started to unravel already, big time. He says that he doesn't know if it will be an issue in the 2008 election, but that it probably will in 2012. So, the sky is falling, and it's falling fast, but it won't be noticed by anyone until probably 2012. Got it.

But if we're already bankrupt to the degree that he states, then the likelihood of there even being a government left in the wake of the hyperinflation and near-immediate collapse of the foundation of the world's primary reserve currency in 2012 is pretty remote.

The reality is, if things keep going the way they are, it's 2080 that we have to worry about, not 2012.

All you have to do is read the report, the "Fiscal Year 2006 Financial Report of the United States Government" and you'll see that Williams and other's Chicken Little warnings are once again nothing more than someone crying wolf to further their own agenda. Williams focuses heavily on the GAAP total federal obligations, without once mentioning what amounts to the total federal accounts receivables. He wants to focus on if we taxed every American at 100% that we could not pay off the debt, as if that's where the money is supposed to come from to pay it. And that's if the debt had to be paid off in one year. He's taking a figure that has been budgeted out to 15 years and is trying to get it paid off in a year, and using money (100% taxes) that wouldn't even be used for the majority of the debt in the first place. But, it sounds good, makes for great copy, and makes a lot of people nervous.

The agenda is Bush and Republicans are evil. Yet there isn't anything going on right now that didn't also go on when Clinton was in office. The Financial Reports for the Clinton Years paint essentially the same picture. It doesn't matter whether you have Democrats or Republicans in charge, they're all corrupt. I don't care who is in charge, I want them out. But to be sure, the sky isn't gonna fall any faster because of one party or the other.

http://www.gao.gov/financial/fy2006financialreport.html

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Ya know why the mainstream won't report "it"? "It" isn't true!...
You've been listening to George Noory for way too long. That website you are promoting is not news, it is strictly for entertainment and amusement....Hey, ya know what I just heard? 5 of Santa's reindeer have symptoms of bird flu!! I hope they don't crap on my roof!!!!

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Turtle and RobA,

Thank you for replying to this with some knowledge. I wish people would read, study and just gather facts before they run with the "SKY IS FALLING" stuff.

This is a very good business to be in to be a very educated person. During down time, read and study instead of watching DVD's and playing games and you can put yourself in a very different place when it comes to understanding and knowledge.

Now if you read that crap off of magizine racks, well it wont help.

Raceman
Dedicated O/O
OOIDA 741748

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
I'm not trying to push my agenda and/or thoughts in anyway, just share my view. It's a 50/50 toss up, this all might just be some cruel mans joke and this just might be the start of it all. Only time will tell where this country is heading and who is right and who is wrong.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I know you are not pushing an agenda nor am I. I just want people, all people, to research things before they panic. It happens more and more it seems. A big percentage of people hear things, even on the news and then panic. Now there is a group that is very often pushing an agenda, the news media.

Now that we have the internet it easier than ever before to gather information, positive and negitive, true and false but if people take the time to educate themselves on topics instead of running in fear or panic, they make a much more informed decision when deciding to listen to something.

I was just pointing out that this business lends itself to allowing all of us spare time to learn new things. I met a driver about a week ago who got an on line business degree while being a driver. He did it from his truck for the most part. He and I talked about the proposed highway from Mexico to Canada. Fantastic conversation. He pointed out if we had this talk years ago he would have had a completely different view.

Raceman
Dedicated O/O
OOIDA 741748

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, like I said, what Williams (and others) is saying does have some validity, but it's only a very small slice of the informational pie. If the sky isn't falling, he can't get his message across, therefore, the sky is falling. The fact that it's not falling is irrelevant. It's falling.

On the opposite end of the spectrum are those who paint a cloudless bright blue Montana Big Sky where it's bright and blue in all directions and for as far as you want to see.

The reality is that it's party cloudy with a chance of rain, and no one knows if it's gonna rain tomorrow or not, but the longer we go without rain the better the chances are of us getting wet.

If you read the financial report carefully (it's a mind-numbing read, but I often have little else to do while sitting and waiting for a load) and if you read the various budgets as they come out, what will strike you is the astounding amount of pure financial waste that is going on, and had been going on for decades. Not just in pork barrel spending, but in utterly needless feel-good social programs that not only could be better handled by local organizations, but that have truly embarrassing cost-benefit ratios.

It's not even up for debate that this country's financial affairs are a mess. The only thing up for debate is how to fix it. But Williams and his counterparts never offer solutions beyond getting their party in control of the mess. They don't want to control it in order to fix it, they want to control it to get their cut. The usual solution put forth is more taxes, so they can throw more money at the problem. Yet, throughout the history of history, throwing money at a money problem has never, not even once, solved a money problem. At best, it eases the symptom of money problems, but it never addresses the cause.

What we need is to hire an uber-geek accountant, with a pocket protector and tape holding his glasses together, and make him a financial dictator with absolute power, for about 8 years. Whatever he says goes.

"The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be
reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and
controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced if
the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn
to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Not mine just another interesting read...
The UNITED STATES IS IN DEEP TROUBLE, FINANCIALLY.

Our problems started in the year 2000, while Bill Clinton was still occupying the White House and although the Federal Reserve gave the economy a shot in the arm by lowering interest rates to all time lows, it was not a vaccine or permanent cure to our problems. China is now consuming more energy than we are and they have the money to pay for it and don't think for one moment that if they can drive the price up and bankrupt us in the process they won't do it. In fact they're doing it right now. Remember just two years ago when a barrel of crude was just under 30 dollars. Ask yourself this question....."What made it go up to almost 70 dollars in just 18 short months?"

I'll tell you in the shortest and simplest terms possible. The world is out to destroy the United States of America one way or another. We possess more natural resources than all other nations combined but due to wacko liberals and environmentalists we can't tell the Opec nations, Mexico or China to go to h**l. We tolerate some tin horn dictator by the name of Chavez runs Venezuela and he says he is going to destroy us. What with? He may have nuclear weapons but if he fires upon us we fire upon him so both countries are destroyed. He owns Citgo, so don't buy any Citgo gas, diesel or other products from Citgo stations nationwide. Lets show the SOB what the American people can do when they rise up together.

Now, back to my original point. If you haven't noticed, house sales, both new and pre owned are not moving due to high interest rates. If the Fed raises the interest rates the housing market will collapse entirely and your half million dollar home that you scrimped and saved all your life to own will be worth maybe $200,000 dollars if you're lucky. If they lower interest rates the dollar will collapse and then we're all screwed. As I write this notice to you the top cabinet members of our government are meeting with Chinese officials in Beijing to try and come to some solution that is amicable to both countries. All indications are that China will send them packing on the first plane back to DC.

We are spending millions a day on a war that is going no where. My feelings are that we should get the h**l out of Iraq and let the stupid SOB's in Iraq have their d**n civil war and kill each other until no one is left standing. We are not, I REPEAT, Not going to put a Western Style Democracy together in Iraq that has never had a democracy in the history of mankind and George Bush is acting stupidly by saying he is going to accomplish this goal. George needs to go back to the Bible and read up on the Bible prophecy and find out what is going to happen in the middle east some day in the not too distant future.

I've never recommended this before but it's just a thought and you can do as you please but number one, do not invest in Gold certificates where someone says so much gold is on deposit in your name and you can have it whenever you want it. They can simply file Chapter 11 or 7 and leave you penniless.

If you are going to invest in gold you can try the Canadian Gold coins or the famous African Krugerrand which is now selling for around 800 dollars per coin, but speculators are saying that gold will appreciate in value to 2000 or more dollars per ounce within the next 24 months and even sooner if we get into a squabble with Iran. Gold, even back to the days of the Egyptian Pharaohs was a priceless commodity and it remains the same today. If you invest on the stock market and spend 800 dollars on some stock, is there a likelihood that it is going to give you a return of 2000 or more dollars within the next couple of years? Not Likely. Remember, Google is one of the rare exceptions and it only comes along once in a short while and even as powerful and as rich as Google is right now, it could go broke in less than 24 hours if people panicked and sold their Google stock.

Remember this.....GOLD HOLDS ITS VALUE.

The preceding information that I have imparted to you has come to me from sources in the government, various economists, economic professors at numerous colleges and none of these people are lackeys at what they do.

Think it over and by the way. The DOE says diesel will average out at about $2.66 a gallon in 2007. Who the h**l are they kidding? It's already up to over $3.00 dollars in some parts of the country and rising daily.
The high cost of fuel is impacting everything including:

The cost of the food you eat.
The gas you put in your car.
The fuel bill to heat or cool your home.
Your monthly grocery bill.
The cost of clothing, even if you buy it at Walmart.

(Remember Walmart's slogan a few years ago that they would try to sell as many products made in the USA as possible?) They aren't doing that now because if they only sold products made in the USA they could put their whole inventory in one aisle and be done with it. We have gone from a great industrial giant to a Service economy. In the Service economy, we don't make a d**n thing. We don't do anything but provide services for others who can afford our services.

Our congress, Our President and all of the other rule makers are responsible for this and when it gets down to the nitty gritty, we are ultimately responsible for not taking matters in our own hands and having these irresponsible rubes in DC removed from office. We have become a lazy, complacent and ignorant society of people who think that if we watch Katie Couric each night on TV, we know what is going on. You haven't learned a thing. Sit down with a stop watch and time her and count the actual stories that affect you and I and you'll be shocked. The news is nothing but fluff and feel good stories at the end of each news cast. Stories that do none of us a d**n bit of good.

babs3361

Expert Expediter
While I do not believe everything I read or hear. I do know that we have NAFTA and CAFTA. I do see all over in this country were people are lossing there jobs and if they do find a job it pays alot less then what they were making when there job left the country. How can we as a common working person compete with 2 dollar a day wage. Our Borders are running rampid. Along with the Canadian borders. Many are getting into this industry just to make a halfway decent Living. Even in this forum I have read threads where there have been complaints about lower rates. I have seen rates go down for 26 yrs. Actually rates are about the same as they were in 1980 but the cost have gone up drematically. We have become a Nation where we think our goverment will take care of us, and that they would not sell us out but I feel that is not the case. I don't have a problem with the rich but I do have a problem when they forget how and who helped them along the way. Most Americans and Canadians just want to make a honest living and to give alittle to there children when they leave. 3rd world nations are a prime example of this. There are a few very rich families in these countries and they give just enough to the rest to keep them as slaves. Never allowing them enough to get ahead just enough to keep them from dyeing. Yes we have a retirement as of right now and sure we will be able to leave something to our children, but for how long. Selling our roadways and ports to foriegn countries. The UN owns alot of our National Parks and Monuements just where does it Stop. This is not a particular party problem this is Neither Republican or Democrat they are all selling us. They both have the same goals just a different way of saying it. Our Consitition is being eaten up alittle at a time, and our right are being taken away from us. Will we just sit around until it is to late. I don't know but I sure hope not. I want my grandchildren to have it better or at least as good as I have it. Amen.

Just my view.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>While I do not believe everything I read or hear. I do know
>that we have NAFTA and CAFTA.
> Selling our roadways and ports
>to foriegn countries.
The UN owns alot of our National Parks
>and Monuements
want my
>grandchildren to have it better or at least as good as I
>have it. Amen.
>
>Just my view.

Let me take issue with some of your points here.
NAFTA and CAFTA were agreements led by the United States that put US interests first. They were designed to give other countries access to the US market. I thought that the rationelle behind it was to provide enough factories and farm in Mexico to soak up some of the excess work forces there and slow the immigration tide.

I don't think the UN owns any of your national monuments or parks. The United States owns all those. The UN is an organization that was supposed provide countries to , in the words of Sir WInston Churchill, "jaw, jaw instead of war, war."
The UN is not a secret society bent on world domination. The UN does not have an army or any other military force. Any "UN Forces" are provided by member nations and paid and equipped by those nations. There is no NAFTA Highway being built that will allow Mexicans to spread out and take over the US. Any Mexican truck drivers operating in the USA will have to obey US laws the same as all Canadians.

I truly don't know how all these strange rumours and stories get started and manage to grow till people believe them. Most are rediculous if any analytical thought is given to them.

There must be a large number of scare and fear mongers out there.

You people who have the good fortune to be Americans; citizens of the United States of America; should be secure in your good fortune, not frightened by those fear and scare mongers.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Blah Blah Blah, the US is in trouble blah blah blah.

Guess what? The US has been in trouble since 1943 (that is when our present tax system went into place) and more so since Nixon years and especially with Carter.

I wish people would understand a bunch of things;

First the US budget process and actual debt process ia very complex and even the GAO has problems with the cr*p the congress curns out. One report or a few reports by econimist are ok but if we were in real trouble our markets, especially the FX market and the dollar would take a nose dive quickly.

Second that the debt held by countries like China and Japan are not easily sold and countries don't buy and sell debt of other countries as a practice. They will lose a lot of money by converting thier dollars (i.e. Debt)to yen, SF, or whatever (I think that they would even lose more money even with a strong Euro). The Chinese also know that they can't call in the debt due to a bunch of treaties and the WMF. They want to be part of the big dogs on the block and messing with the one still stable monitary system in the world does not make a good puppy. By the way, even though the Euro looks strong, the EU has some serious, very serious problems that can topple the entire program with the fight between france and the EU, the lack of a solid consitution and an asian country being admitted. I read that Germany and france have been proping up the euro and I would like to see how that will work out in the next 10 years - maybe no EU anymore?

Third Gold is not the best investment, especially if you expect a return. It is however, a great paperweight that can be buried for a 'rainy' day. The gold sellers who have been pushing gold for a while on the radio and TV are the only ones who make the money. The absolutly best way to be ahead of the curve is to be debt free.

Fourth, once you track the history of our country's monitary system, you will understand that even with the volitality of a depression (1895, 1907 and the 1930's, not to mention the great recessions of the late 1950's and late 1970's) did not bring the country to it's knees, but the 1907 depression almost did - we were saved by that villian JP Morgan and his gang of Robber Barons. I simplified it, but with the fight between Jackson and whats his name and the 1907 depression, the changes made were to solve most of the problems we have had and did. but no one put checks and balances on the federal reserve system like we were supposed to have within our goverement.

Last but not least is I think that we need to seriously consider some changes, mainly in the tax code or revising the tax system as a whole from the ground up. I mean lets look at a couple facts, first the tax system has been used to control the economy in the past. Starting with FDR in 1943, to Eisenhower in 1953 and then JFK and his tax reduction plan passed in 1964/65 to Johnson's increase in taxes in 1967 or 68 (can't remember) to slow the economy down - all to control some part of the economy. The other fact is that we are one of the few countries that have a progressive and punitive tax system that does not promote growth in any way shape or form. I think that it is time we take this to another tax scheme and look at the Fair Tax, I know that most of you dont think that is a good idea but look at it this way, our income tax system was an experiment gone wrong, what worst can be done by changing it?