American oil

blaaze

Seasoned Expediter
I just received this from a good friend. I have not researched it as of yet but believe the source to be reliable.

FYI
WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON.

Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?

Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?

An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. Don't you think it might be of interest to know which oil companies import Middle Eastern oil and which do not?

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell................................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.................. 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil....................... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway............ 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco................................ 62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez’s regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $95 per barrel, that's over $524 million PER DAY ($191 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco....................... 0 barrels
Conoco..................... 0 barrels
Sinclair..................... 0 barrels
BP / Phillips................ 0 barrels
Hess. ............................................... 0 barrels
ARC0........................................ 0 barrels
Maverick...................... 0 barrels
Flying J. ......................................... 0 barrels
Valero.......................... 0 barrels
All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have a real impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. With the help of the internet, it's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at only ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)....and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE—the entire population of the United States of America!!!

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
If we boycott any oil company it will only force the companies we're not boycotting to rise prices which effects everyone negatively even the economy. Boycotting is overall bad for us all and the world. Any boycott or shutdown of trucks can give a serious blow to the already vulnerable US economy. One of the few solutions to avoiding spiking prices at 5-6 dollars a gallon is to invest in alternate fuel technology, fuels that will be cheaper, recyclable and readily available and even that transition alone can put the world's economy at risk so we will have to get there carefully. Everything is so vulnerable right now we must watch out for our own rear ends and not play that tug of rope of who's righteous and who's the devil. We all know Chavez is a pest to world stability along with many anti western leaders troughout the world.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey if Chavez hates the U.S. and is a dictator and supports Castro...AND he has oil...why haven't we invaded there yet? All we have to do is get some lousy intel and away we go again.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
EXCELLENT INFORMATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conoco - Hess - Arco all drill and have refinery operations here/offshore in La.

Nice, having a list of the ''importers'' .......

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No excellent information in spam. It is spam for God’s sake.

Here is some accurate information,

From the Energy Information Administration The US DOE has a separate website for all of this.

2007 Crude Oil Imports From Persian Gulf Highlights:

Released on March 10, 2008

It should be noted that several factors influence the source of a company's crude oil imports. For example, a company like Motiva, which is partly owned by Saudi Refining Inc., would be expected to import a large percentage from the Persian Gulf, while Citgo Petroleum Corporation, which is owned by the Venezuelan state oil company, would not be expected to import a large percentage from the Persian Gulf, since most of their imports likely come from Venezuela. In addition, other factors that influence a specific company's sources of crude oil imports would include the characteristics of various crude oils as well as a company's economic needs. While, in general, crude oil is fungible, i.e., one crude oil can be substituted for another, many refineries are optimized by refining crude oil with specific qualities (e.g., the API gravity, the amount of sulfur in the crude oil, etc.). Also, depending on the global crude oil market condition at the time, the price difference between heavy and light crude oils varies, thus changing the economic dynamics for different refineries. Therefore, many factors determine the source of a company's crude oil imports.

JANUARY - DECEMBER 2007
(Thousand Barrels)
Totals: 3,628,696

VALERO MARKETING & SUPPLY CO 469,629
EXXONMOBIL OIL CORP 475,983
CONOCOPHILLIPS CO 452,340
CHEVRON USA INC 254,442
SUNOCO INC 255,440
MOTIVA ENTERPRISES LLC 209,652
BP PRODUCTS N AMERICA INC 188,292
CITGO PETROLEUM CORP 180,479
MARATHON PETROLEUM CO LLC 174,343
FLINT HILLS RESOURCES LP 139,910
SHELL OIL CO DEER PARK 107,825
HOUSTON REFINING LP 93,543
TESORO PETROLEUM CORP 75,835
PDV MIDWEST REFINING LLC 57,336
TOTAL PETROCHEMICALS USA INC 50,611
SHELL US TRADING CO 52,184
CHALMETTE REFINING LLC 37,002
MURPHY OIL USA INC 29,426
CITGO ASPHALT REFINING CO 26,295
TESORO HAWAII CORP 26,561
PRSI TRADING LP 23,631
GIANT YORKTOWN INC 8,607
UNITED REFINING CO 20,990
SHELL CHEMICAL LP 17,160
PLAINS MARKETING LP 21,674
VITOL SA INC 13,438
CHS INC 16,174
SINCLAIR OIL CORP 17,606
FRONTIER OIL & REFINING CO 18,132
SHELL OIL CO 14,112
WRB REFINING LLC 15,985
HUNT CRUDE OIL SUPPLY CO 10,636
SHELL OIL PUGET SOUND 8,304
SUNCOR ENERGY USA INC 8,879
KOCH SUPPLY & TRADING CO 6,000
ERGON OIL PURCHASING INC 6,266
PARAMOUNT PETROLEUM CORP 7,447
LION OIL CO 6,446
TRIGEANT LTD 3,581
MONTANA REFINING CO 3,436
NCRA 2,629
ARON J & CO 3,662
CANNAT ENERGY INC 3,641
TIDAL ENERGY MARKETING INC 4,214
STATOIL MKTG & TRDG US INC 3,659
EQIUSTAR CHEMICALS LP 1,018
US OIL & REFINING 1,552
FLYING J PETROLEUM INC 1,115
PACIFIC MARKETING & TRANSP 328
GARY-WILLIAMS ENERGY CORP 877
MERCURIA ENERGY CANADA INC 138
UBS AG LONDON BRANCH 231

I highlighted the companies mentioned in the spam as one’s who do not import oil. And I threw in Citgo, which everyone should boycott.

Also to correct other info;
Amoco is BP
Suncor is Sunoco's Canada operations
ARCO is part of BP
Maverick? There are distributors (independent stations) and then there is Maverick Oil and Gas which is a same company that I think has one project.

Now Hess is another issue all together, they are working with Venezuela, refining the oil from the fields in Venezuela and shipping it here.

And FYI, we import less oil from the Persian Gulf than we do say Canada. We buy more oil from non-OPEC countries than we do from OPEC countries. Want to see? Check this out.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Go by a tank farm sometime and see if the "nonimport" company tankers are loading in a different area than the importing companies . The oil companies get gas and diesel from the same refineries . If they ever require pumps to be labeled " contains no Persian Gulf oil " that is the only way you will know you are not supporting OPEC oil .

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hey no problem, I got 15 emails like that one in the past three months. I get frustrated with spam.

Also I noticed my one member fan club not countering the info.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Damn, my fan club has arrived - I am really loving it. What attention I get from someone who watches how many times I post. I don’t even watch that, and don’t care.

OK let’s look at this mess for a moment for those who keep pointing out my posts are garbage and crafted to impress people.

1 – The thread is about American oil and the first post is a copy of an email spam that has been floating around in some form or another for three months or so. You know that spam sometimes is created to stir up emotions without accurate information?

2 – The email spam has the following in it;

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco....................... 0 barrels
Conoco..................... 0 barrels
Sinclair..................... 0 barrels
BP / Phillips................ 0 barrels
Hess. ............................................... 0 barrels
ARC0........................................ 0 barrels
Maverick...................... 0 barrels
Flying J. ......................................... 0 barrels
Valero.......................... 0 barrels

This is inaccurate and misleading by the fact that BP is the third largest oil company and had a strong presence in the Middle East.

3 – In my first post, I said little, however I posted links to information after I pointed out that this was spam. If you go to the links and read the articles, it explains a lot about oil. Nothing there created to impress people, is there? Or did I take it off subject?

4 – I read from my fan club that the first post was excellent information – blah blah blah. Ignoring the fact that it is spam and not understanding that spam much of the time contains false and misleading information.

5 – I later did a little research to find out if indeed the above numbers were accurate and found the DOE’s website with accurate information. I posted the correct information with a small amount of comments, nothing to impress anyone there, and even posted correct facts about the companies in the list. I also highlighted the companies that there was a claim that they didn’t import any oil to show that the information was false in the original post and to make it easy for people to pick them out. I did not change the list of companies, but I did remove the other information from the table to make it fit on the page. Oh and I added the links to the post to show the source of the information and an additional link to information that may be helpful to others.

6 – Then my fan club explains to the rest of the world;

Threadcrappers & Post Counters distract from many a thread, especially when they decide to Hi-Jack the topic and divert the subject in opposite directions. The compulsion to "impress" us with lenghthy replys really is defeating when they don't even address the original subject.

So to counter that horrible assumption from my fan club, I didn’t hijack the thread; I didn’t divert the subject nor even tried to impress anyone with a lengthy reply. What I did was to give accurate information to counter ignorance about the subject, something that my fan club could have done instead but choose to count my posts and criticize me.

To point out another thing;

Just to point out the original post said they do not import Middle Eastern Oil.

Yes but here is the point, many call Middle East oil is actually called Persian Gulf oil by the DOE. As much as many would say there is a difference, there is none.

Post summary for my fan club to keep track.
Word count – 635 words
Number of characters with spaces – 3738
Number of lines - 70
Time to write – 10 minutes elapse time with two other posts in the making at the same time.

OVM, you figure it out yet?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg, do the fan club membership cards come with a wall certificate? I need to know what size of frame to buy.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
That's the best you can do? :) Oh come on......

OMG, I had more faith in you, I thought if I counter some of your tripe, you would start focusing on the threads instead of my post count and what I say but I was wrong... too bad... I really like your avatar... :p

Like I said, I am loving it.... Yep more posts on the way... with another death in my family got a few days off so I going to make use of it...... :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually Gregory, you'd not be interested in my best. Be assured of that. I certainly don't desire to invest large chunks of valuable time sitting in front of a computer monitor. Being that I have a family, time restraints don't allow hours of computer usage. Between juggling the stores,the trucks,the boats..and again, the FAMILY, I just don't have the time to play your silly games. And for you to suggest I focus on threads ? P L E A S E....................

I'm truly sorry to hear you've encountered yet, another death in your family. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you, and may you continue to have a prosperous '08

First thanks for your thoughts, I can't believe another funeral to deal with. I hope you don't encounter this in your family as I have in mine.

But what games?

I am not playing any games. All I am doing is pointing out some things, thats all. No games. If I was playing games, there would be a lot more posts and a lot more comments. I am interested in helping people, sharing with them what knowledge I have.

I just think it is absolutely funny that you call me by my full name. You are starting to sound like my wife.

Well I do a lot of work on the computer(s), I still have a hand in the e-commerce stuff for the non-profits, so I am on it - a lot. It is all free to these groups, so it does not pay any bills but it makes me feel really good that I help others out that would otherwise spend funds they can't afford to spend.

So off to the funeral and grabbing my tablet computer so the hours at the hotel will go by quickly.

I understand the time issue you have, I know a lot who feel the same way, so it don't bother me if you ignore me.

Life is too short to get frustrated with people and what they write or how they write it, you most likely have enough on your plate to worry about, why worry about me?

Oh, can you edit the picture to be a little smaller?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gregg does your number 1 fan claim to have had umpteen occupations and was a qualifed EXPERT in all of them. Does this fan write 10,000 word dissertations on how to spec and buy a truck and also tell you that owning a home is not in your best expediting interests.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Alright kiddies. Tone it down or yet another thread will be locked faster than you can say Supercalifragilisticexpediterdocious.

Nuke

Seasoned Expediter
Just stop blindy support Israel and ALL the America problems (oil price, terrorism, hates non-americans, ets...) will be solved. It's simple.

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
"Yes but here is the point, many call Middle East oil is actually called Persian Gulf oil by the DOE. As much as many would say there is a difference, there is none. "

My point was that the top to countries we import from are not Middle Eastern oh sorry Persian Gulf, countries, they are Canada #1 and Mexico #2.