American Idol

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Down to the last few weeks now and I'm betting Adam is going to win. What a versatile singer!!

fuzzyman

Seasoned Expediter
Yes I think Adam is going to win, But I was surprised that Allison got voted off last night! For 17 yrs old, she sure can sing! I thought sure that Danny was going to go since he butchered that song he did. Especially that last note!! But they are all good in their own way & I hope they all do well!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is down to 3 guys again this year....This will make 2 years in a row after David Cook last year!! Go Guys!!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yes I think Adam is going to win, But I was surprised that Allison got voted off last night! For 17 yrs old, she sure can sing! I thought sure that Danny was going to go since he butchered that song he did. Especially that last note!! But they are all good in their own way & I hope they all do well!

I absolutely loved the way she sang her farewell song..at this point it's really tough because they are all so great. Can you imagine what a career Allison is going to have? Kid is only 17 and amazing!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
and just for the record...when Adam did the Led Zeppelin song..ok..so I'm not a rock fan. Can't wait to see what this next week will bring..two songs each...one of the judge's songs and one they get to pick themself.

and Paula admitted to being a pill popper, but swears she's never done it on American Idol...ok...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I have to admit. This season has been way cool. We have watched the last seven seasons. Adam can sing...but he is sooooo LA. Gokey is All-American...and can sing. IMHO.

That show last night with "No Doubt" was just creepy. :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I have to admit. This season has been way cool. We have watched the last seven seasons. Adam can sing...but he is sooooo LA. Gokey is All-American...and can sing. IMHO.

That show last night with "No Doubt" was just creepy. :)

Doesn't Adam remind you of a young Elvis? the purity of his voice and the Show stopper acts? And I've always been in Danny's corner too and you are right..he's an all American hero! But that last note? whooooooooo eeeeee!

And I swiped my avatar from Dreamer but it doesn't sing darn it!

fuzzyman

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah I have to agree about No Doubt! I used to think she reminded me of Madonna, but last night I don't know what she reminded me of!! lol I think Adam can sing all different kinds songs! He proved that when he did Ring of Fire, & always coming out with a new look. One minute punk & then the next all slicked back with a suit on. When he came down those stairs last week it reminded me of somebody doing a show in Las Vegas. I can't wait to see what kind of a career he has. It's cool to see that even the ones that don't win, still get a career & realize their dream. Now if we could just realize our dream to either get some freight so we can pay for our truck or else win the lottery, I would be happy!! lol

Fuzzyman's Wife

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I don't think there was a dry eye in the house when Danny got booted off last night. Wow does Jordan Sparks look good and what a great new song she has out!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well Debbie and I are bummed that Danny was voted off.

Adam a young Elvis? Hmmmmm.....Blue Suede shows? Nah! Pink maybe...LOL!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
When I saw Adam sing Ring of Fire, I thought he sounded like Robert Plant. He proved it when he sang Zeppelin. Out of ALL of his performances, he's made a couple bad decisions (screaming too high in Crying), he's NEVER had a pitch problem. Not to mention, the guy knows how to entertain!

Danny is a gospel/soulful type singer, and should've stuck to that throughout the competition. I expected him to make it to the finals, until Chris's last couple performances topped Danny's.

Chris is doing a great job! He doesn't have the pitch/entertainment value Adam does; but when he hits it, he nails it. He's got a nice flair to his voice of an 80s star (can't think of his name), yet his verbrato isn't all over the place like Danny's was.

I think all of them have potential to be huge stars in their own genre. Adam, however, I think could start a new genre and run with it. Twould be nice to see the end of alternative. :)

Thanx for starting this thread. I was meaning to do it weeks ago, but kept forgetting. LOL

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
When I saw Adam sing Ring of Fire, I thought he sounded like Robert Plant. He proved it when he sang Zeppelin. Out of ALL of his performances, he's made a couple bad decisions (screaming too high in Crying), he's NEVER had a pitch problem. Not to mention, the guy knows how to entertain!

Danny is a gospel/soulful type singer, and should've stuck to that throughout the competition. I expected him to make it to the finals, until Chris's last couple performances topped Danny's.

Chris is doing a great job! He doesn't have the pitch/entertainment value Adam does; but when he hits it, he nails it. He's got a nice flair to his voice of an 80s star (can't think of his name), yet his verbrato isn't all over the place like Danny's was.

I think all of them have potential to be huge stars in their own genre. Adam, however, I think could start a new genre and run with it. Twould be nice to see the end of alternative. :)

Thanx for starting this thread. I was meaning to do it weeks ago, but kept forgetting. LOL

It's hard to disagree with your post here...:eek:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reading this thread could lead someone to believe that heterosexual males actually watch American Idol. But, that just can't be... Can it?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Reading this thread could lead someone to believe that heterosexual males actually watch American Idol. But, that just can't be... Can it?

No, no, no.

My 13 year old daughter watches it. I just work on my laptop in the corner. (Hangs head in shame) :p