american diesel vanners

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
what is your mpg at
70?

what engine?

sorry sprinter guys. don't need your input.

doing research.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
60 - 21.5
65 - 20
70 - 19

Basically I lose a mpg for every 5 mph... so I usually run about 62 or so.

Mines a little older, so may not help.. but 2003 Ford E350 7.3

Dale
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The numbers on my 7.3 were the same as Dreamers. The best I ever got was 23, the worst would be somewhere around 16 or 17. I found as speed increased wind and weight would have a greater effect. I've talked to guys that swore up and down that speed, weight and wind had no effect on their vans. I call BS on that.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
what is your mpg at
70?

what engine?

sorry sprinter guys. don't need your input.

doing research.

Chevy 6.5, 02 w/4:10 gearing\

Cruise control
60-- 19
65-- 18
70-- 16-16.5

I try to always run 60 when up North and 65 south.:cool:
It's geared low was going to upgrade and change to 3.73 but decided on a new truck.:cool:

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
2002 Ford E 350. I don't drive 70 mph so can't respond to that. @ as close as I can stay to 62-3 mph 21-23 per gallon. 65 mph drops to around 19-20. Over 2000 lbs and it will drop a little more. I aslo have a 1999 F 250 Super Duty six speed with 4 WD. It has cruise control and I get close to 20 on the highway staying as close as I can to 62-63 mph. If I'm towing a fifth wheel with the F 250 it drops to just above 10 mpg.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
These numbers are disappointing.

Tell me about it.

I know how to get the mileage up on all the C/Vs its whether or not you want to invest $3k. Electric auxiliary transmission. <Gearjammers.com) I had one on a p/up, hot shot. Greatest think since sliced bread. I am putting one on my new Max when I get it. Should be able to pull 20mpg with a 6.0 gas, taking wind, hills and all that other junk into consideration.
That's $3k for the kit, then you have to cut the d/shaft and install it. It's really not a big deal.:cool:

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I'm happy with my Ford. I know some locals around here with
3\4 and 1 ton Chevrolet's with Duramax that are lucky to get 16 mpg.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I'm happy with that milage! My 5.4 got 16-17.....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App