American Axle / GM strike

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Why not? The Tundra is made here in the US, unlike the so-called American big threes' cars.

When my wife and I bought our Odessey, we picked for the accolades it recieved in everything from crash testing to Car & Driver. Over 70% is made right here. Japanese ingenuity with American muscle. Best of both worlds without the UAW interfering.

key words....without the UAW interfering!

Just happen to like the Tundra..thinking of trading in my chevy for it! *l*

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I guess if you think its all right for the Japanese to pay their workers less than the american UAW workers and send the profits back to Japan is going to stenghten our economy ( I think not ) I wish people would look at the big picture.

The union doesn't give a crap about anything but the union. The union should be the center of the world. Damm anyone who tries to break the union. Send out the thugs. Burn things, break things, kill ppl. All in the name of the union. Company goes under? Oh well... as long as the union stood tall, regardless if the union was the reason it went under or not. The unions buy off all those nasty politicians, and now want amnesty for illegals to refill union ranks. Hell with America! The UNION shall reign supreme.

I'm sure those Honda and Toyota workers are perfectly happy making a FAIR wage for their work without chanting Seig Heil.

Last edited:

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Correct me if Im wrong , but isnt the auto industry the largest industry in the Nation? So why are we handing it to all the Nations that were trying to kill us?? Japan, Korea and Germany why are we still supporting their economy when ours is in such bad shape?? And then China and way it treats its citizens, thats a whole another rant. Whats wrong with all the US people?? People quit trying to save dime and support your own people...
________
Extreme q tower vaporizer review

Last edited:

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
The union doesn't give a crap about anything but the union. The union should be the center of the world. **** anyone who tries to break the union. Send out the thugs. Burn things, break things, kill ppl. All in the name of the union. Company goes under? Oh well... as long as the union stood tall, regardless if the union was the reason it went under or not. The unions buy off all those nasty politicians, and now want amnesty for illegals to refill union ranks. Hell with America! The UNION shall reign supreme.

I'm sure those Honda and Toyota workers are perfectly happy making a FAIR wage for their work without chanting Seig Heil.

Yea and the people working in the sweat shops in China think they are making great wages also..........Should we not try to bring them up to US levels instead of the US being dragged down to theirs..
________
Ocean View Condo

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What a great way to wake up and start my day laughing.

Little Joe, the last time I checked Canada is a foreign country. It is not part of the US, it is not part of Mexico, but it is Canada. A country I actually admire in many many ways. A country that is foreign.

The problem is the UAW here has convinced that the CAW is the same – NOT. They have blurred the lines between the two to garner support but the UAW also has forgotten pride in their own country at the upper levels. As much as I want to support Canada, and believe me I do when I go there or selecting products built or made in Canada to purchase, I have to support my country first and will always consider Canada as a foreign country because it is.

Soooooo using that idea, a car built in Canada is to me a foreign built product.

NAFTA is one huge problem for both the US and Canada. Hillary and Obama are so full of **** that they are going to change the treaty, they can’t but I would like to see the tax system here to be replaced and then we can see real job creation and the elimination of the tax free zones in Mexico that is killing all of us.

Miguy1957, I am not beating up on Unions, I am not anti-union but I am beating up on the UAW. I am not even saying that the workers don’t deserve a good wage, but not a wage more than what someone makes being educated or with a specialized skill. I won’t even talk about the worker other than what I say in the last paragraph of this post.

I had to be a member of a couple unions to do business, didn’t hesitate to join or pay dues. They were helpful and those unions were good to their members to a point. My fathers union is one of the better unions out there and he has been protected when it came to union involvement but what I have seen with and at the UAW, they are worthless.

As for the Japanese sending money back to Japan, what about Detroit Diesel, Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star, Thomas company that are owned by Daimler? You know that these companies are just as foreign as Honda and Toyota plants here. How about when D-C owned 100% of Chrysler? That was a foreign car company – Daimler still has a stake in the company. Daimler sends more money back to Germany than the Japanese sends back to Japan – the Japanese invests in jobs and equipment and plants to build products here, more than Ford and GM has done. I think having a job is better than not having a job.

I see why some have so much passion about this subject, but I go back to if the UAW worker wants my support, then they show me why they need my support by buying (not leasing) the product they build here in this country and be faithful to their company, not wear a jacket that has a 10 inch UAW patch on it and the company name in small letters.

As for the retirement fund, guess what? I lost my retirement when I lost my job. I didn’t have much of a safety net to fall back on and just starting to really recover after 5 years. I didn’t have any opportunities like an auto worker has; I had games played when I was trying to get a loan to go to trucking school by the state. When I sat in the classes at the school, some of the GM workers would just come in and sit there, sometimes leaving in the middle of the class, they did not care or even pass, the state paid for it so they waste the money. I’m not really mad at the worker, I am at the governor for allowing this, we are supposed to be equal but the auto worker is more equal than I am.

By the way, the UAW does not want to use the retirement money to help the workers out by purchasing or investing it in an automotive company for only one reason - they will lose their power. Once the business becomes an employee owned company, the UAWs purpose is ended.

Last edited:

blaaze

Seasoned Expediter
not long ago I delivered a load to a gm plant in Michigan that I picked up in Laredo. (yep you guessed it that load came from Mexico)

While standing at the receiving window I noticed a flyer stating that buying foreign autos causes American job loss. in a polite manner I mentioned that I have carried freight for Toyota Honda Nissan and of course the Big 3. in the same breath I mentioned that the only auto freight that I have delivered or picked up going out or into our country has been GM or Ford.

his answer (f*** you).

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Thats like saying (1.30/mi+ .45 fsc = 1.75/mi x 65mph= 113.75 per hr) to hold a steering wheel are you over paid??

No I think WE ARE STILL UNDERPAID!!! I want 200.00 + an hour unless I dont move!! LOL

UNDERPAID?? I WANNA BE OVER PAID!!!!!! LOL
Joe

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
By the way ,
To all who have posted in this thread, A BIG HEARTY THANK YOU!!!!

And for some let me explain why I feel like I do:

Growing up I went to school in Canada and other than their emphasis on turning everyone to the metric system ,(and claiming hockey and saying ZED instead of "Z") I have found Canadian people to be friendlier than AMERICANS . They are a hardy bunch that enjoy working as hard as we do if not harder , and on the weekends,enjoy a good beer and a cigarette and a good time to be had with both

AS for gregs analysis of it being a "FOREIGN COUNTRY" Sir, May I interject by saying this,

Why is it the only foreign country that welcomes us with open arms???

As for the passport that you now need to get over there
ASK STUPID *** THERE IN WASHINGTON ABOUT THAT!!! (George W. BUSH)

My feelings toward 9/11 and call me unpatriotic if you want:

We were like the big bully kid on the playground ,and were runnin around bullying the other kids ( Kids = russia , iran, iraq, libya ,cuba ) and just for 1 split second the puniest kid just walked up and hauled off and popped us in the EYE

And what did WE DO?

We didnt fight back but went into " Chicken Mode" and grounded every plane for 2 days and the played "BIG TIMER " AND SHIPPED A SH*TLOAD of troops to Iraq to catch 1 MAN

So in the mean time BUSHY POO!! figure its time to frighten the average "Joe American " with the idea that there might be an oil embargo because Iran And Iraq are buddies with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia AND SHOVES THE PRICE OF OIL THROUGH THE ROOF (4.00+ A GALLON IN SOME PLACES)

MY FEELING TOWARD BUSH:

IMPEACH THE S.O.B.

AND WE WANTED TO IMPEACH BILL CLINTON FOR "GETTIN HIS CIGAR SMOKED BY OL' MONICA LEWINSKY?????

WAKE UP AMERICA AND SEE THE SUNSHINE

GEORGE W . BUSH = OILMAN=PRESIDENT= MORE MONEY IN HIS POCKET =PETROLEUM PROFITS= BIG OIL LOBBYIST

HE SHOULD BE IMPEACHED FOR THAT ALONE

Enough of my rant

Greg ,
You are a smart man and a formidable opponent and I await your response on this

Joe

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are GM and Ford really U.S. owned? Wonder what nationalities the majority of the stockholders are?
Remember way back when Daimler fired ALL the top Chyrsler executives and replaced them the Germans?
The new Toyota plant in Mississippi is going to be huge!! Walls are going up already...same as the Honda plant in Indiana. And guess what? they employ Americans. All that money we made them, they re-invested back into America! Ford and GM can't say that...they are still closing some and moving to Mexico.