Am I the only one getting Opp's at 3am?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Lately I get load opp calls at 1- 2 -3 am and then a call wanting to know why I did not accept the load...Am I the only one?
Do customers really call in requests at these times?
Not a rant but I am up at 3 am now trying to understand why these loads aren't covered during the day-eve.
I got outta bed 2 weeks ago at 2am for one of these fine opportunities is that what opened the floodgate?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Yep, I've been running some of them lately... midnite pickup, 3 am del's, etc... they've pretty much been true emergency loads tho.

Dale

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Van freight has been so hit and miss, I nap when I can so I can run LOL.

Dale

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just about the only time we get load opps like that is when we are not on a White Glove lock. Once in a blue moon we will get a White Glove opp like that. We had one about two weeks ago, the first this year.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The other thing that we have noticed it that, for the most part, the loads that come in during those hours are not worth taking. They tend to be either van/sprinter loads or just plain don't pay worth a darn.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Does your phone have an on off feature? Can you turn the volume down and the screen off on the Qualcom? Like Layout said the offers comming in at these times are not worth getting out of bed.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
They tend to be either van/sprinter loads or just plain don't pay worth a darn.

Precisely.... and I'm in a van LOL... I think I get a lot more 'true emergency' loads than you guys. It's VERY common for me to be called out in the middle of the night to run a couple hundred miles and del before 8 am. There are several shippers around my home area who do this, and when I'm home, I grab them.

No way would I turn my phone off during the night :confused:.. It would cost me too much money.

Now , I understand for you bigger trucks, especially White Glove, you guys are scheduled further ahead.... but seriously.. out of my last 5 runs, 4 of them were people waiting impatiently for what I was bringing.

I just got one that paid full miles to go about 200 miles away from home, and bring it back almost home by 3 am. Snapped it up, slept after I got back.

I don't get the long runs like some vans for other companies, but I get a lot of shorter ones around OH.. and since Vans are on flat rate... if the DH is ok, I grab it.

Dale

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
wg rarely bothers me-surface, my witching time 12;01 am. if I can make it to 12;10 without a beep, I go to sleep if not running. It's not much as an oops but a "what now '' wouln't be bad if it was a million dollar load offer,

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have the loads that come in the middle of thenight with an ASAP pickup pay really well. The office does not recognize time zones and offer loads first thing in the morning to trucks in California which is frustrating.