Am I asking too much from Panther?????????

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
So... I ran out of hours to del my load late friday night... Panther said they would have a guy come out and do a swap, and del the load up to Home depot in mass.... OK, swap was done, the next day, Disbatch called me ( sat) and told me that the driver I swapped with will not wait for the trl to get empty... so, they had him drive 2 hrs south and get my trl.. (however disbatch told me the will get me another trl).... Monday morning rolls around.... called driver relations.. told me to call Paul for a trl.. called paul.. told me to call D/R... then they transfered me to Eric Stoner.. in elite... he gave me a small amount to wait intill today(tuesday) for him to get stuff straight.. I agreeded.... Call at 9 am, told me that he will call me right back.. I called back at 1pm, ... told me He was waiting for someone to come in to the main office... Paul calls me, said he isnt sure if any trls are empty but the QC shows there is one trl at the door.... Called back to talk to Eric at 530 or 6... yup.. he left without calling me back.. so I talked to someone in elite again.. said he would call me back.... HAHAHAHAHA.. meanwhile, Im here off the board, ( i was number one on the board sat morning) with NO trailer, and EVERY time Ive called, Ive been transfered a 'million" times.. with no real answer... they wouldnt even EM me to mass 146 miles, to go to home depot and see if there are any empty trls.. or even go up there to wait... meanwhile... Im stuck here .. at a TA since SAT......... NO TRL>> NO PAY!! oh.. sooooo...any ideas in how to solve this?? only thing I can think of is to suck it up.. drive up there on my dime and go ask home depot.................... ??????:confused:

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
btw...

my question was.. is it too much to want to be compensated for my time bc THEY messed up?
or am I asking too much?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
btw...

my question was.. is it too much to want to be compensated for my time bc THEY messed up?
or am I asking too much?

No but you need to ask to talk to Jeff Garra the head of driver relations.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
At what point did you know you didn't have enough hours to make the delivery? At what point did you communicate that fact?

Because you ran out of hours, you forced panther to pay the additional fees to get a load swapped. I'm assuming you had to go to a cross-dock.

Yes, Panther should have been better about returning calls. But, to be compensated for it - are you joking.

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
No cross dock..... Plenty of notice. The other driver came back to get the trl I had!! BC he wasnt waiting on that trl to get unloaded. Dispatch called Me
To tell me to give the trl I had.. ( the empty one)

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
FYI.....
Just a update...
Paul in the trl dept.. has taken care of me...
eric in elite, i know has been working on it, but i guess lack of trls in the ne.... after, a short talk with Paul... and what he is doing for me.. MUCH<MUCH<MUCH better
awesome!!!

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
did you get a new receipt showing less miles once you swapped if not then you were still paid to go to the cons. Unless the other driver dropped an temp control trailer with you then you should have said tough crap he took the load the results are his to live with ,,,angin unless yu are getting the standerd $300.00 a day pay for waiting on trailers at a home depot