Am I A Trucker

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Thanks to all for your input.

Now for the rest of the story:

I responded to a post on another forum and my position was very adamant regarding illegal activities.

As you might imagine it created a firestorm of responses. Why? A lot of folks simply believe they are above the law and the others are so full of pride they would never admit any wrongdoing even if the evidence was absolute and proved their guilt.

When it became apparent that they could not refute the validity of my statements; they attacked me personally. Ho hum...I expected it, because it always happens when I take a firm stance against criminal behavior.

The final attempt to silence me came through exclusion. One poster indicated that I wasn't really a trucker. If one can exclude another from a particular group, then one can absolve himself from having to consider that person's input.

Considering the overt vulgarity of that forum, the belligerence found there and the boisterous pride swelling up in every response, it made me realize that I am glad to be amongst professionals here at EO; regardless of what title is attached to our craft.

PS. What say ye there Shiney Dime?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hey Rev... concider it a compliment that a "trucker" like that would say you're not a trucker. :)

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
I was the one that said that the rev was not a trucker, not because of what he drives but because of his attitude and preaching. and he was talking about the OOIDA forum, by the way rev, I am from Dayton too, maybe we will run into each other sometime.;)

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
To All;

The highest compliment would be to be called a "PROFESSIONAL" driver!, with the meaning that of a person who operates a truck with highest professionalism.

Just my two cents.

HotFr8Recruiter

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
my 2 cents...once upon a time I drove big trucks pulling 53 foot trailers...the day to day life that that entails compared to driving a little straight truck like now, is no comparison, i.e stress levels, skill, responsibility etc.

Personally... I drive a truck but dont feel I am a trucker (in my interpretation of the word anyway) anymore.