Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And I’ll add, AOC, despite her considered misguided efforts, does show a genuine love of country, and repeatedly, though hilariously, keeps trying to come up with ways to make America better, whereas Establishment Globalist Politicians are 100% out for their self interest and their donors.

So, while you see politics as left, right, and center, I see politics as Globalists vs Nationalists. I don’t care if they’re on the left, right, or center, if they’re Globalists, I oppose them.
That NY Amazon pullout. I don't know what you call that. A cluster screw up with her signature on it. That didnt make America better in her neck of the woods.

That's not her doing, it has more to do with NYers ....
NYers have not always welcomed large companies with open arms. Walmart is the largest retailer in the world. Do you know how many stores they have in NYC? ZERO! Not a single one in the 5 boroughs. Walmart has always been seen as a small business killer by NYC citizens. NYers like their small businesses, many citizens own or work in small businesses. Unlike many parts of the country which can't turn Walmart away, NYC can. Amazon is no different. It's not a cluster screw up .... in bars all over NYC people are laughing & toasting how they didn't want Amazon in NYC anyway ...
https://nypost.com/2019/02/14/local-business-owners-call-amazon-pullout-a-nightmare/

Come on man, get serious ....
It's an article citing a real estate broker and a floundering pizza shop. The link has some reviews from yelp. The guys pizza probably sucks & he's having a hard time paying his rent. He was hoping for an uptick in business just by having fresh victims walking around the neighborhood. Good pizza shops in NYC print money in their basements! This guy will probably be out of business in a couple of years ... and it'll have absolutely nothing to do with Amazon.

Centro Pizza Bar & Italian Kitchen - Hunters Point - Long Island City, NY

Keep reading that tabloid ....

..... and try not to attempt to inform me about NYC, that's my turf ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
And I’ll add, AOC, despite her considered misguided efforts, does show a genuine love of country, and repeatedly, though hilariously, keeps trying to come up with ways to make America better, whereas Establishment Globalist Politicians are 100% out for their self interest and their donors.

So, while you see politics as left, right, and center, I see politics as Globalists vs Nationalists. I don’t care if they’re on the left, right, or center, if they’re Globalists, I oppose them.
That NY Amazon pullout. I don't know what you call that. A cluster screw up with her signature on it. That didnt make America better in her neck of the woods.

NYers have not always welcomed large companies with open arms. Walmart is the largest retailer in the world. Do you know how many stores they have in NYC? ZERO! Not a single one in the 5 boroughs. Walmart has always been seen as a small business killer by NYC citizens. NYers like their small businesses, many citizens own or work in small businesses. Unlike many parts of the country which can't turn Walmart away, NYC can. Amazon is no different. It's not a cluster screw up .... in bars all over NYC people are laughing & toasting how they didn't want Amazon in NYC anyway ...
Screenshot_20190215-195423.png

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yep ... and the polls were right on Clinton being ahead over Trump.
If you think NYC has been delt tremendous economic damage by this Amazon pull out, I have a bridge to sell you.

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Yep ... and the polls were right on Clinton being ahead over Trump.
If you think NYC has been delt tremendous economic damage by this Amazon pull out, I have a bridge to sell you.
How much debt do they have?
Cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Billions of dollars gone.
I guess they know what they're doing.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
NYers have not always welcomed large companies with open arms. Walmart is the largest retailer in the world. Do you know how many stores they have in NYC? ZERO! Not a single one in the 5 boroughs.
Do you know how many Walmart there are on Long Island?

Four.

Do you know where Amazon was going to be in NYC?

Long Island.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NYers have not always welcomed large companies with open arms. Walmart is the largest retailer in the world. Do you know how many stores they have in NYC? ZERO! Not a single one in the 5 boroughs.

Four.

Long Island.
Correction.... Long Island City, a section of Queens directly accross the East River from Manhatten. Totally different area from Long Island.

d39w7f4ix9f5s9.cloudfront-1.jpg

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
That's why when you go to NY, expect to spend all your money. They gouge the heck out of you for everything. High taxes on everything too. They need a few Walmarts. They live in the Stone age.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Four.

Long Island.
Correction.... Long Island City, a section of Queens directly accross the East River from Manhatten. Totally different area from Long Island.

Thanks Rags ... ya sort of got it correct :D

LIC, Long Island CITY, is less than 6 mi away from where I grew up. I know exactly where it is & I know exactly what the heck I'm talking about ....

NYC consist of the 5 boroughs: Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx & Staten Island. The boroughs of Queens & Brooklyn (also known as Kings County) are physically on the island of Long Island but are part of NYC.

"Long Island" generally refers to Nassau & Suffolk Counties. The later where I purchased my first house & was a beverage distributor. Strong Island to the locals ...

There will never be a walmart in NYC. NYers flip Sam Walton the bird!

Welcome to NYC :)

Reactions: Ragman

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
9DF6450D-D4DC-4390-97C3-40E899E9AC81.jpeg

I personally believe that as the right globalists feared Trump, the left globalists fear AOC, because she just might be single minded enough to put Americans first.

This Amazon mud slinging was directly by the Left. She’s taken control of the Democrat Party, whether she realizes it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyraider

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thought, word on the street is, she’s already turning SWAMP, putting her boyfriend on her paid staff...

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Four.

Long Island.

LIC, Long Island CITY, is less than 6 mi away from where I grew up. I know exactly where it is & I know exactly what the heck I'm talking about ....

NYC consist of the 5 boroughs: Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx & Staten Island. The boroughs of Queens & Brooklyn (also known as Kings County) are physically on the island of Long Island but are part of NYC.

"Long Island" generally refers to Nassau & Suffolk Counties. The later where I purchased my first house & was a beverage distributor. Strong Island to the locals ...

There is zero Wal-Mart's in Detroit as well, but a large amount of residents drive to nearby suburbs to shop there. Same with NY. So what exactly is gained by flipping the bird to Sam Walton?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Four.

Long Island.

There is zero Wal-Mart's in Detroit as well, but a large amount of residents drive to nearby suburbs to shop there. Same with NY. So what exactly is gained by flipping the bird to Sam Walton?
It's a world of difference. Driving to Nassau or Suffolk county is like driving to Howell or Fowlerville.

Just to go to a Walmart? It ain't happening.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It's a world of difference. Driving to Nassau or Suffolk county is like driving to Howell or Fowlerville.

People that aren't familiar with these two metropolitan areas shouldn't make comparisons. Distance is definitely a huge factor but the main reason is ...

NYC population 2018 - 8.5M
Detroit population 2018 - 675K

Come on ..... get real.

I think we've hijacked this thread enough ..... back to the greatness of AOC ....

Reactions: Solar and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter

People that aren't familiar with these two metropolitan areas shouldn't make comparisons. Distance is definitely a huge factor but the main reason is ...

Come on ..... get real.

I think we've hijacked this thread enough ..... back to the greatness of AOC ....
AOC is boring to Republicans. They're not obsessed with her like the Dems.
Around 11 miles to a Wal-Mart from NYC.

Reactions: Solar

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Come on ..... get real.

Milage is irrelevant in NYC. Distance is measured in time.
IE: Q: How far is it to xxx? A: It's about 40 minutes.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Come on ..... get real.

Milage is irrelevant in NYC. Distance is measured in time.
IE: Q: How far is it to xxx? A: It's about 40 minutes.
Downtown Manhattan, probably yeah.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

At this point, you're starting to prove how ill-informed you are .....
About NYC or any other metropolitan area.
If the residents of NYC wanted a walmart closer to them, they would have allowed it. They're not going out of their way for something they don't want!

Edit: Sunday afternoon ....
Pull that up tomorrow morning & let us know what it shows ....