Alex Rodriquez

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Today the NY Yankees signed Alex R to a contract that will pay him $275 million over 10 years. There are 162 games in the regular season. If you do the math this works out to $169,753 per game.

Assuming Alex averages 5 at bats per game he earns $33,950 every time he steps up to the plate. Not too shabby. Meanwhile people live in the streets near Yankee Stadium and are happy if the see $5.00 during the day.

rmctt2

Seasoned Expediter
Hey;
The "ROID" List came out today !!
Roger The Dodger Clemens was on it !!
Of course he denies everything !!
So was Pettit !!
A-Rod was not on there... Although they said that some" Roids" are not detectable !! LOL
My opinion on this if it matters...
The people that are doing it, whether it is detictable or not...
I honestly hope they get honest with themselves !!!
They can deny it or blame Selig or some disgruntled Trainer or whoever they want to , they still have to be honest with themselves !!
I quess what A-Rod makes per at bat...Can he be honest at all ?? LOL !!
Anways...
RMCTT2

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
With what these guys are making, could you really blame them for roiding up? I mean... millions of dollars difference between using roids and using their natural born skill. Sure, the players are using the drugs themselves. But who is basically watching with a wink and a nod? You tell me.

To paraphrase Jack in A Few Good Men:
"Baseball WANTS you on these roids! Baseball NEEDS you on these roids!"

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Well the fans are the ones who like the one who like watching the home runs. I bet McGuire was juicin when he was hitting all those home runs.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
McGwire was on andro. At the time, it wasn't illegal. So that's a moot point.

Yes, the fans like the homeruns. They pay the clubs who pay the players. When you look at it, MLB itself is the one who really wants the performance without the grief. It wouldn't surprise me to know the management secretly hope players are taking drugs that can't be detected. Money is money. And homeruns equal revenue.

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

rmctt2

Seasoned Expediter
You guys are correct ..
We the fans love watching all the Home Runs , etc...
Like Hockey.. When I was a kid.. Loved watching all the fights, etc...
Hated a game without one !!
But what bugs me at this Roid Issue is that these players who are making all that $$$ to play , refuse to take resposibility for their actions !!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
>
>Assuming Alex averages 5 at bats per game he earns $33,950
>every time he steps up to the plate. Not too shabby.

Let's not forget Rich,he has to play his position also.DD.

:+

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I forgot about that. Assume he plays 9 innings in every game. He will earn $18,861 per inning. Assuming the average ticket is $25,this works out to 6790 admissions just to cover his salary.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't blame the players at all for getting that kind of money. If a club wants to pay that insane salary more power to the player. My sister is here for the holiday and she says they shouldn't accept that salary as it's too much.

So I mentioned when you worked for AT&T you earned x amount of dollars. If a competitor came along and offered you 5 times your salary would have said " no thats too much". Silence reigned. Nuff said.