Air Vent for a Chevy 3500

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Terry and Rene should know the answer to this one. I just broke down and bought a new van. Would like to put air vent on the roof. Preferably one that closes when it rains. The dealer checked several places in the Knoxville area and was unable to locate one. He couldn't even find anyone to install one. Any ideas?

By the way. I went to see that movie about Terry and Rene. I was very disapointed when it turned out to be a Russel Crowe movie. I was sure that Master and the Commander must be about them.

Thanks for your help.

Hooligan and Bob

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
www.campingworld.com
About $90.00 plus $73.00 installation.
The closest location to you would probably be Nashville.You can also try the RV Dealers near you most have this item.Ask about Fantastic.We have had ours for about a year now.Works great.Closes automaticly in case of rain.Also has 3 speeds w/thermostat. next best thing we have added except for XM Radio.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Ahoy H & B:

As you must have remembered, we had the roof vents called Fantastic, made by a Michigan Company north of Detroit. Last van we had two of them, one forward and one aft. Put one on intake and other on reverse and you've got a vice air flow without fear of bug intrusion. One draw back on the rain sensor: the first drop of rain closes the lid an stops the fan, two minutes later the sensor dries and the lid opens again and the rain closes it for two mins, then it opens etc. You can turn that feature off. The fan is whisper quiet and is my pick for the best of the bunch. I bought mine at an RV dealer I70 exit 109s just east of Columbus, OH.

Hooligan's offspring are everywhere; I had to by a boot scraper 'cause you folks don't curb your co-drivers

Terry

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thank you both for the quick answers. We are headed to Ohio tomorrow, so will check out that place you recommended.

As for those puppies you encountered, Hooligan is only an Uncle.

Hope you are all well. Cleran says "hello"

Hooligan and Bob

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hey!

Speaking of Hooligans kin - add 5 more to the bunch! Um, let's see thats 15 Jack Russel Terriers so far.

Kippers LOVES playing the stud - Prancey is a hot...well, nevermind.

Pictures to follow.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They have a clear or white cover you can put over the fan so you can run it in the rain. Might look funny on a van but they do work. We have one on our truck as well, and they work great. An absolute must have for the smokers out there.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Turbo Maxx makes a vent with the large fan (same as fantastic vent)and it's in the cover so you don't need a sensor and you can run it in the rain. I have used one for years with great results.
It doesn't matter which way you turn the van to catch the wind, the wind direction will always change.
With either the Turbo Maxx or the Fantastic vent it'll move the air, try to aviod the RV bath type vents the little fans in those will just frustrate you:)
These (large fans) will run about $250 and install prices are a little more; however, when the weather is decent you'll make your money back by not idling. Also it's great when you have a foul smelling load, isolate and suck it right out.
Also sometimes Camping World has specials on install prices