AH September,Start of Football, Cooler Weather and Hotter Freight. So where are you?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: AH September,Start of Football, Cooler Weather and Hotter Freight. So where are y

23 min before my 24 was up, got a load. 20 min before my 24 was up, got a load. Somethings going on here I tell ya, will have to call Alex Jones and see if he knows what's up. :cool:

Well, who am I kidding, I'll take loads over da'fifdy any day.

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: AH September,Start of Football, Cooler Weather and Hotter Freight. So where are y

23 min before my 24 was up, got a load. 20 min before my 24 was up, got a load. Somethings going on here I tell ya, will have to call Alex Jones and see if he knows what's up. :cool:

Well, who am I kidding, I'll take loads over da'fifdy any day.

Eddie, It has to do with the hyper dynamics of freight and the conversion of bipolar free radicals to non standard open ended ions.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Eddie, It has to do with the hyper dynamics of freight and the conversion of bipolar free radicals to non standard open ended ions.

My vote is it's a cylon plot!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backward...eat hearty mates

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Happy birthday turtle.
Thank you. :)

So, I'm sitting in Laredo. Nothing goes out for a couple of days. My Medical card expires on Saturday the 14th, but I really don't want to deadhead home 1000 miles just for that. Safety (you know the one) is asking me when I'm gonna get it done. So on Wednesday I call around and get recommendations, and I call and make a Thursday appointment with a clinic in Laredo. I sent Safety an e-mail to let her know. She then asks me where I'm going to have it done.

Odd question, I thought to myself, since I've never had that asked of me before. But I replied with the name and URL link of the clinic.

I go over on Thursday (yesterday) and have the DOT physical done. Flying colors and all that. Yay. Exit 2, go east for .9 miles, it's on yer left. $60

So, I wake up today, my birthday, looking for a load outta here. The phone rings! It's Dispatch! Yay! A birthday load!

No so fast there, Birthday Boy....

It's dispatch calling me to let me know I've been randomly selected for a randomly selected random.

ran·dom
[ran-duhm]

adjective 1.proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern.

Got it.

But wait, there's more!

As if by lottery-winning magic and/or Biblical-level coincidence, the random drug test is to be taken at the same exact location where I had my physical yesterday. Same address and everything. Exit 2, go east for .9 miles, it's on yer left.
Random? Really? [SUB]
smiley-15.gif
[/SUB]

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

today is the last day for compliance for the quarter. tina got the call this morning also just ten minutes after she got out of bed and had to be there in an hour barely awake and unshowered but its all about compliance and being cooperative. just wasnt expecting it. we are not in service so that was the last phone call we expected. oh well.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter

sort of like sheep being lead to slaughter.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

just wasnt expecting it. we are not in service so that was the last phone call we expected. oh well.
I would certainly imagine that it wasn't expected, since being OOS is one of the various things that (is supposed to) prevent you from being called for a random.
(m) A driver shall only be tested for alcohol while the driver is performing safety-sensitive functions, just before the driver is to perform safety-sensitive functions, or just after the driver has ceased performing such functions.

sort of like sheep being lead to slaughter.
It's why I avoid the Safety building as much as possible, to reduce the chances of an amazing, random coincidence. :D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What a coinkydink.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Well.......we don't get to pick who goes for ransoms. All the drivers names are submitted and maintained by a third party consortium. They then give us the random selections for both the DOT and Non Dot driver pools. Then in the event of audit the DOT gets the lists from the consortium and we have to show the testing and results.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I always thought that was the reason :p

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

today is the last day for compliance for the quarter. tina got the call this morning also just ten minutes after she got out of bed and had to be there in an hour barely awake and unshowered but its all about compliance and being cooperative. just wasnt expecting it. we are not in service so that was the last phone call we expected. oh well.

ok I'm confused or puzzled. Is this because you didn't do the video safety training on-line :confused:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

ok I'm confused or puzzled. Is this because you didn't do the video safety training on-line :confused:

nope, no confusion just the end of the quarter and all randomly selected names have to be done by the end of each quarter.

yes, turtle is rite with his quote from the reg. book but i think laura knew we would be cooperative and comply so she called. it was just early and tina hates to go anywhere without a shower and an hour is nowhere close to enough time for her to take one. she has alot of hair plus she woke up with a fever and ran it most of the day and didnt feel the best.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter

Happy Saturday everyone. It's a brisk 42degrees up in the Detroit area. Hope everyone is running hot freight to stay warm.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

nope, no confusion just the end of the quarter and all randomly selected names have to be done by the end of each quarter.

Now, I hope these drivers that say when they see me, I see Laura typing on her computer and then I have to go get a drug test. She is just looking to see if your name is on the list.

Just hush Y'All, and go pee... :cool:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

It is a wee bit chilly here today. Little work this morning, haircut and then off to see my twelve year old daughter play soccer.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It is a wee bit chilly here today. Little work this morning, haircut and then off to see my twelve year old daughter play soccer.

Don't do like OVM. Get more than two cut... That's right, forgot that's all he has is two... never mind.