Address and stuff

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Why can't they ever get an address correct ? Been fighting for an hour with people just trying to get to the right corn field seriously people how about confirming details and stop calling wanting to know where I am every hour! I'm sorry us 31 isn't the same as sr 931 and if ya had told me the name of the street is reed rd, I'd have been there on time!
Just one of those days weeks month etc.....

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You would think that going to a place like that they would give you the gps coordinates, would make it much easier if going to a construction site in the middle of nowhere.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You would think that going to a place like that they would give you the gps coordinates, would make it much easier if going to a construction site in the middle of nowhere.
images

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It helps to accept that the address is more of a suggested starting point, or the beginning of the end of the trip, lol. Usually, it's the mailing address [because that's important], not the shipping address, which may well be on another street.
You'll find a totally different name on the building, and if an address is displayed, it may or may not be visible from the street. As long as they get the mail, why change anything?
I often wonder how many accidents are due to drivers searching for an address, instead of watching what's going on in front of & around them....
I think we could benefit from a thread devoted to where one actually goes, vs the given address - like Toyota in Princeton, In. Address is "US 41 North", but you aren't going to find it on 41 - you need to exit 41 at CR550, take a left at the stop sign, then right on CR525.
There are so many like that, sigh.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
But there's always Google worked for a company once they gave me Google directions straight truck with explosive load bet nobody can guess who

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered to Toyota Princeton shortly after it was built. At the time I had no GPS or even a dumb phone. The address was Tulip Parkway. Of course the plant isn't actually in Princeton but a few miles south. It isn't hard to find once you are in the right neighborhood and have driven past it a few times on U.S. 41 trying to find either the north end or south end of Tulip Parkway. Then its just a matter of finding the right gate.

When I did get a GPS and was at Toyota I did the "Where Am I" feature and plugged it into my favorites for easy routing.

I like coalminer's suggestion that the address include the GPS coordinates. Panther no longer gives the shipper's or consignee's phone number with the load offer. If I get a flaky address I do the Google thing to get a map and phone number.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Toyota ' s adress is something like Tulip tree drive that's how I've always had it dispatched to me.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've never seen the Tulip Tree address, always got 'US 41 N, Princeton', which sounds north of Princeton, and it isn't. Someone told me it used to be on 41, but then a new road was built between the plant & the road, [is that Tulip Tree?] but the address never changed, because 'everyone' already knew where it was. Sigh.
That's like the signs that warn of a lane closure/blockage "after Whatever Exit" - great, if you happen to know where that is, but not so much if you aren't from around there, lol. :rolleyes: