Adding # to speed dial

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I recently lost my speed dial numbers when I updated my phone! GRRRR!

So, I have added the speed dial numbers back but one of them was something that I can't seem to add again. When we call in to our 800 number we have to enter our security code, then the pass code, then the dispatch number, then whatever. Ugh!

I had my speed dial set up for all that but now I only have the 800 number. Someone posted instructions for adding all those other numbers a while back. I have done a search for the instructions on here but can't seem to locate the post. I have a Verizon phone (Samsung). Any ideas? Thanks!! india

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
India: with my Verizon [dumb] phone, adding the letter P includes a pause between numbers, as for a menu option. You can put several in the same number, if needed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You just need to enter a pause (or 3) in between each set of numbers. With most phones you simply enter a comma, with some phones you enter the letter "p" for pause. The pause is usually about one second, so you may need to enter several in a row to get the timing right.

or

18001234567ppp7777pp1234pppp4451

You can also do the same thing, except at the end of the comma you also put in a semicolon ";" which is the signal to "wait". The next set of numbers int he sequence will not be sent until you tell it to via a popup box on the screen. That's best used for automations that don't have predicable timing.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
YEEHAW!! The semi-colon worked!! Thanks so much to all of you for your advice and thanks Turtle for the answer! Now I won't have to dial ALL THOSE NUMBERS every single time!