Adding "ICE"

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I just read about this in a ladies magazine and thought it was interesting.

The article suggested that we add ICE in our cell phone contacts. The ICE stands for In Case of Emergency and it should have a person to contact in case we are unconscious or can't speak. I gather emergency rescue folks know to look for this now.

Anyone have any knowledge of this or have friends or family members who do rescue work?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't know any 'first responders', but I knew about the ICE idea (which began in England) a few years ago, when I posted it. It's good to get a reminder every so often, though, cause as Greg Brown asked in a song "Why does good change take so long?" :confused:

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
I added "1 ICE HOME" and "2 ICE WIFE CELL" to my cell phone when I read about it here a couple years ago. The reason I used 1 and 2 is because the numbers 1 and 2 will be at the top of my list when someone presses "Contacts". A first responder won't have to scroll down through the contacts to find ICE.

are12

Expert Expediter
My phone actually came with ICE listed right on the top of the contact list and gives you 3 people to list as an emergency contact.