Achy joints , veins swelling ,legs hurting

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Flaxseed | Flax | Flaxseed Oil | Arthritis Today Supplement Guide I have been taking 6 capsules a day of flaxseed for a aching left knee, aching legs and those pesky veins that hurt also. This is day 5 and all is ok. It was a new lease on life, noooooooooooo aches. Now, that was just me. It may work for you. Now when I get up out of a chair , no pain and I can walk at a full stride. So when you climb out of your van or big rig and the first few steps sound like snap , crackle and pop, you could try flaxseed oil caps. It may work for you if your having joint pain, leg pain and so on....sky.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Flaxseed is one of the pills we take each day. When I remember I also buy flaxseed to sprinkle on foods that I prepare.

Flaxseed has a lot of great things.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My wife is a major flaxseed supporter.
I thought she was a little wacked out until I heard some MLB guys discussing it.
I figure they should have good intel on the stuff.
She takes it daily.,

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just added flaxseed to my shopping list, because it helps with arthritis [I have the traumatic kind in one knee, and it's been acting up lately from too much walking] and also with Raynaud's. Thanks, Sky. :)

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Think I'll give them a try. I have achy joints and have always wondered what would help. I can't take a lot of things usually suggested because I'm allergic to fish. Good to hear something might help.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I found some milled flax seed, which looks [and almost tastes] like ground almonds. I'm thinking it would work anyplace you'd use breadcrumbs, and a lot you wouldn't, like oatmeal, muffins, even cookies. [I try to eat healthy, but that means healthy cookies, ok?]
According to the box [Hodgson's Mills], 3 tablespoons of milled flax can sub for 1 tablespoon of fat, and 1 tablespoon flax plus 3 of water can replace one egg - good to know.
I added a whole bunch to my gorp, but it just blends in & disappears, lol. :eek: