accouting/record keeping software ?

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Looking to see which accounting record keeping software people on here are using and would recommend for me to use. I just bought a new laptop computer few weeks ago so speed and hard drive space will be no problem just started looking at Quick books but interested to know what other software is available thanks

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I've been using quicken for home and business. started out with quick books and then went to quicken now going back to quick books.

The last business I used Peach Tree.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are not using a software accounting package. Mrs. Layoutshooter put together our own system based on an Excel spreadsheet. We added/subtracted different cells until we got exactly what we wanted. It suits our needs perfectly, being 100% designed for our business.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Layshooter,

If the Excel worksheet is working for you fine, use it and make sure your accountant who everyou use get a copy to enter into the tax software for the 2010 tax filing software.

If you plan on doing your own, I would not to many mistakes are not caught and you lose deductions with the over the counter software.

my suggestion is to use a Professional the first year and see what he does, then try it yourself.

Franklin Katz, ATP ,PA, PB
Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039
Fax: (704) 739-3934

Providing Professional Accounting Services and Income Tax Preparation

Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) avoiding tax related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matters addressed herein.

Weady2Wun

Seasoned Expediter
Re: accounting/record keeping software ?

Diesel Boss has an accounting software that I find to be very helpful for me. The price is very reasonable at $28.95 per year. http://www.dieselboss.com and found under trucking software.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Looking to see which accounting record keeping software people on here are using and would recommend for me to use. I just bought a new laptop computer few weeks ago so speed and hard drive space will be no problem just started looking at Quick books but interested to know what other software is available thanks

Love Quickbooks :)

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Deisel Boss software does not give you everything that you need, it only tracks the expenses, no assets, depreciation or any other type of expense.

Your best bet for Accounting software is Quickbooks Pro, it has a separate industry related built in under transporation when you first set it up.

you can track Assets, but the only thing it does not give you is your yearly depreciation on those assets, the P & L is exact according to what you enter, and make sure it is entered under the correct account other wise it will not give you a true picture of you Business.

Frank