About This Birth Certificate....

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
There's been so much said or written about Obama's birth certificate or lack of and the recent rumblings of Donald Trump has brought it back to the fore front. One of the things that has bothered me about the left's response was how quickly they make the nonsense argument about how impossible it would be for Obama's parents to foresee his future and intervene to "fix" his place of birth on the certificate, just knowing that he would someday "need" to be seen as having been born in the good old US of A. To me, this is nothing more than another attempt to make those who disbelieve look ignorant. Of course no one would think it would have happened that way.

Today I found this article online that, in my opinion, best explains what it is that has all these people suspicious. This is one of those things that I'm not sure what I believe but I DO agree that somewhere there has to be documentation that would put this thing to rest once and for all.

Here's the LINK.....decide for yourselves.

Letzboogie

Not a Member
Obama could well hold dual citizenship in both the US and Kenya. I don't know what the laws were in 1961, but I have 2 cousins who have dual citizenship in both the US and England, though they were born here, because their mother is a British citizen. It seems possible.
I was listening to Bill Cunningham today on his daily show on WLW. He claims to have information from a reliable source who says Obama was in fact born in Hawaii of Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr. Apparently Ann Dunham's mother did not want the baby's birth certificate to refect his race as negro or mulatto and persuaded the hospital to list his race as caucasian.
If this is true you can certainly understand why he wouldn't want it to get out.
I have read The Audacity of Hope, twice in fact, and Obama makes it very clear in the book he made a choice when he moved to Chicago to embrace his black roots and supress his white roots, though he virtually lived as white man all his life to that point.
This story of why he does not want his birth certificate released to the public makes the most sense of any other explaination I have heard. How much crap would hit the fan, and for how long, if this came out as the truth? Sweet fancy Moses!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Obama could well hold dual citizenship in both the US and Kenya. I don't know what the laws were in 1961, but I have 2 cousins who have dual citizenship in both the US and England, though they were born here, because their mother is a British citizen. It seems possible.
I was listening to Bill Cunningham today on his daily show on WLW. He claims to have information from a reliable source who says Obama was in fact born in Hawaii of Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr. Apparently Ann Dunham's mother did not want the baby's birth certificate to refect his race as negro or mulatto and persuaded the hospital to list his race as caucasian.
If this is true you can certainly understand why he wouldn't want it to get out.
I have read The Audacity of Hope, twice in fact, and Obama makes it very clear in the book he made a choice when he moved to Chicago to embrace his black roots and supress his white roots, though he virtually lived as white man all his life to that point.
This story of why he does not want his birth certificate released to the public makes the most sense of any other explaination I have heard. How much crap would hit the fan, and for how long, if this came out as the truth? Sweet fancy Moses!

Hmm....that's the first I've heard of the "Granny" story but he did make a reference to her being a "typical white woman" that was afraid when she met a black man on the street....hmmm. Then there's the thing that many black babies actually look white for a few days....when I was in the hospital with one of my kids, looking in the nursery window with a black lady and one of her friends beside me and the friend was asking why her baby was white, that was the first time I had heard that explanation as well.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I'm inclined to think he actually is an American Citizen. It does seem odd though at how an issue like this could linger for so long.

I also think if the guy wasn't doing such a terrible job that it wouldn't be such a big deal.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
It doesn't matter where he was born. It matters whether or not he is "Natural Born" in compliance with constitutional requirements. By his own admission he is "Not". His father was an English citizen making Obama a dual citizen. Therefore he is not "Natural Born" he may be naturalised like many people, but the constitution requires natural born for the president to make sure the commander and chief doesn't have divided loyalties.

The ignorance displayed by seemingly well meaning Americans is appalling. No wonder the country is so screwed up. The fact that Obama even made it on the ballot is an insult to all freedom loving americans. A good portion of the lawsuits against him were from democrats by the way.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
BTW,
"Natural Born" has nothing to do with location of birth, but with parental citicenship. This is why John Mccaine was qualified though he was born outside th US.

For thousands of years citicenship has been based on parentage NOT location. It is this way in the US today and in most countries. This also aplies to children of illegal alliens they are subject to the juridiction of the country of their parents citizenship. In the case of split citicenship like Obamas parents the children are given a choice. In the US but they are considered "Naturalised" not "Natural".

Its a question of following the letter and intent of the constitution. Obama never should have run in the first place.

Letzboogie

Not a Member
It doesn't matter where he was born. It matters whether or not he is "Natural Born" in compliance with constitutional requirements. By his own admission he is "Not".

Where and when did he "admit" he is not a natural born citizen?

His father was an English citizen making Obama a dual citizen. Therefore he is not "Natural Born" he may be naturalised like many people, but the constitution requires natural born for the president to make sure the commander and chief doesn't have divided loyalties.

Dude, if he was born on US soil he is a "natural born" citizen as you say. If his father had octuple citizenship it wouldn't matter, as long as the kid was born in the US.

The ignorance displayed by seemingly well meaning Americans is appalling. No wonder the country is so screwed up. The fact that Obama even made it on the ballot is an insult to all freedom loving americans. A good portion of the lawsuits against him were from democrats by the way.

Ignorance? Does that Droid of yours have a mirror app? You should take a look.

Letzboogie

Not a Member
BTW,
"Natural Born" has nothing to do with location of birth, but with parental citicenship. This is why John Mccaine was qualified though he was born outside th US.

For thousands of years citicenship has been based on parentage NOT location. It is this way in the US today and in most countries. This also aplies to children of illegal alliens they are subject to the juridiction of the country of their parents citizenship. In the case of split citicenship like Obamas parents the children are given a choice. In the US but they are considered "Naturalised" not "Natural".

Its a question of following the letter and intent of the constitution. Obama never should have run in the first place.

Thousands of years? OK funny man.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Where and when did he "admit" he is not a natural born citizen?

Dude, if he was born on US soil he is a "natural born" citizen as you say. If his father had octuple citizenship it wouldn't matter, as long as the kid was born in the US.

Ignorance? Does that Droid of yours have a mirror app? You should take a look.

If you read what he was saying, instead of INSULTING him, you'd maybe see his point. Barak admitted it by having a Kenyan-born father.

There is a difference between "naturalized" citizen and "natural-born" citizen. Just because someone is born on American soil doesn't mean he's qualified to become president. They still have "loyalties" to the country(ies) of his parents' birth. Since Obama Sr. was a subject of the English crown, Obama Jr. was a subject, until Kenya became independent in 1963. At that time, he became a Kenyan citizen until he denounced one of his citizenships, or until he turned 23 - when his Kenyan citizenship became null. Because he was BORN into a dual-citizenship role, he could not possibly be natural-born. Neither can all these illegal immigrants flooding our nation. At the time of their birth, they cannot possibly swear fealty to the USA. When they can, on their 18th birthday, they become NATURALIZED CITIZENS... not NATURAL-BORN.

The whole thing about being natural-born is that another nation has a say in things legal, and otherwise, with the dual citizen. If Obama became entangled in a murder investigation, for example, when he was a teenager, he could've asked the Kenyan embassy to intervene on his behalf. The founding fathers did not want that kind of pull from another country to be on one they would have as president. Thus "natural-born", and not "natural".

They are not the same thing. Just because your guy won doesn't make the law any less valid.

Letzboogie

Not a Member
If you read what he was saying, instead of INSULTING him, you'd maybe see his point. Barak admitted it by having a Kenyan-born father.

There is a difference between "naturalized" citizen and "natural-born" citizen. Just because someone is born on American soil doesn't mean he's qualified to become president. They still have "loyalties" to the country(ies) of his parents' birth. Since Obama Sr. was a subject of the English crown, Obama Jr. was a subject, until Kenya became independent in 1963. At that time, he became a Kenyan citizen until he denounced one of his citizenships, or until he turned 23 - when his Kenyan citizenship became null. Because he was BORN into a dual-citizenship role, he could not possibly be natural-born. Neither can all these illegal immigrants flooding our nation. At the time of their birth, they cannot possibly swear fealty to the USA. When they can, on their 18th birthday, they become NATURALIZED CITIZENS... not NATURAL-BORN.

The whole thing about being natural-born is that another nation has a say in things legal, and otherwise, with the dual citizen. If Obama became entangled in a murder investigation, for example, when he was a teenager, he could've asked the Kenyan embassy to intervene on his behalf. The founding fathers did not want that kind of pull from another country to be on one they would have as president. Thus "natural-born", and not "natural".

They are not the same thing. Just because your guy won doesn't make the law any less valid.

Your points are all moot. His mother was american. If he was born in the US, He is an american. be patient. When this mysterious birth certificate finally reaches the light of day, and it will, if it lists his birthplace as anything other than the United States, you can tell me you told me so. Good luck with that. By the way, my "guy" was Hillary.

P.S. I passed 8th grade government. I know the difference between a
natural born and a naturalized citizen.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It doesn't matter what country either parent is a citizen of.
If a person is born in the U.S. He/She is a natural born citizen.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If there is a birth certificate and if it ever reaches the light of day it is likely going to say race caucasian or religion Muslim or perhaps both. Bush had a DUI. Rather than do like this schmuck he owned up to it, explained it and got past it. My guess is the Schmuck in Chief didn't motor his bassinet from the nursery to records and tell them to put those things on it. Rather than being a putz about it he should just trot it out, let it be seen, point out he had zero control over it and get over it.

OR

It will prove he was ineligible for the office and in typical leftist fashion used situational ethics and ignored the law that was inconvenient for him.

You defenders just keep right on defending him. Bottom line? He is guilty of something. Only someone guilty would do as he has done. Only someone guilty wouldn't bring it out and wave it in everyone's face saying "See, it's all legit.". Actions speak louder than words and his actions just SCREAM "I'm guilty.".

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You defenders just keep right on defending him. Bottom line? He is guilty of something.

I can't speak for the other posters, But I am not defending anybody. Just stating what the quailifications are to be president according to the constitution.

Letzboogie

Not a Member
I can't speak for the other posters, But I am not defending anybody. Just stating what the quailifications are to be president according to the constitution.

Me too. I guess "whiny" liberals like me can learn a thing or two about whining from the angry people.

Letzboogie

Not a Member
If there is a birth certificate and if it ever reaches the light of day it is likely going to say race caucasian or religion Muslim or perhaps both. Bush had a DUI. Rather than do like this schmuck he owned up to it, explained it and got past it. My guess is the Schmuck in Chief didn't motor his bassinet from the nursery to records and tell them to put those things on it. Rather than being a putz about it he should just trot it out, let it be seen, point out he had zero control over it and get over it.

OR

It will prove he was ineligible for the office and in typical leftist fashion used situational ethics and ignored the law that was inconvenient for him.

You defenders just keep right on defending him. Bottom line? He is guilty of something. Only someone guilty would do as he has done. Only someone guilty wouldn't bring it out and wave it in everyone's face saying "See, it's all legit.". Actions speak louder than words and his actions just SCREAM "I'm guilty.".

The "S" and "P" words you so eloquently used in this post are yiddish versions of words which are in violation of EO forum rules.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
LDB;43537 You defenders just keep right on defending him. Bottom line? He is guilty of something. Only someone guilty would do as he has done. Only someone guilty wouldn't bring it out and wave it in everyone's face saying "See said:
SCREAM[/B] "I'm guilty.".

Spoken like the cops who explain shooting someone in the back: "He was running, so he must be guilty!"
That's not a reasonable determination of motive.
I've been accused of doing something I didn't do, and the harder the accuser pushed, the more I refused to prove my innocence, because I DON"T HAVE TO. Sometimes, an American citizen just gets stubborn about his/her civil rights.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The "S" and "P" words you so eloquently used in this post are yiddish versions of words which are in violation of EO forum rules.

The rules here are stricter than on commercial broadcast radio? Those words can be used there. That doesn't seem right.

jeff4637

Seasoned Expediter
I've been reading these posts about this birth certificate. So let me ask a simple question. When I was a kid to get in school I needed a birth certificate, As a teenager I needed a social security card to get a job. to get a social security card I had to have a birth certificate,once I got the job I needed a drivers license, to get that I needed a birth certificate. When I got married I needed a birth certificate to get the marriage license. When doing my taxes to claim Dependants I had to have social security numbers of Dependants which require birth certificates. Now I was never in the military,so i don't know if they require a birth certificate or not.So I guess my question is to become president you don't have to have a birth certificate?

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
It seems to me that without definitive proof of his birthplace/citizenship, he would never have gotten as far as he has, as noted in the above post. Somewhere along the way it only makes sense that the proper credentials have been presented. Doesn't matter anyway, his term is more than half over now and come 2012, Daniel "Dee" Snider, b. Astoria, NY 1955, will be our next President.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008