A Re-Branding Question

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
Just got to wondering if, as the rebranding process goes forward, the dispatch system will rate "brand standard" trucks higher than "non-brand standard" trucks. In other words, all things being equal, will the truck next to mine be dispatched in preference to me just because he has a white cab and the new big red logo decals and I don't?

A related question, is the current long wait I'm experiencing between loads a result of this process already showing up?

Or am I just frustrated by too much sitting and too little cash flow?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd certainly hope that dispatch would be blind to logo status. They certainly should be.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don`t think they would be that evil. (wonder if there will be any unbranded White Glove?)

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
There will certainly be a ton of unbranded WG trucks. Several of them in the ES fleet, and there are at least 2 5-vehicle fleet owners with dolled-up SST's. Those won't be re-branded unless they come up off those graphics.

But back to the original query.....I'm curious as to why the long wait as well. We're in a surface truck, and ran our butts off last week. Wondering where you're sitting, and also if the rumors of more flat-rate E trucks/reefer trailers is starting to put a dent in the per centage DR's. Not trying to kick you while you're down, just trying to gather some more info.

Hope it improves for you soon.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
We're in a DR TVAL truck. We've been busy, but have been running on the east coast, NYC and Canada circuit.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are still on the fence with the rebranding. Just can't get excited about that much advertising. Way to big. We are slower than we would like, but it is our own fault. We try to stay out of Canada so we turn down more than we should. I am sure it is biting us in the back side, but it is a choice we have made. Although we may have to change our ways. If they cut us down even more for not having the huge logo's we may have to give in and take their $1000. Tough choices. Hope everyone is getting twice the miles we are.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have been VERY busy. We have not been rebranded and will hold off till the last possible second. Why? Far too great a pay cut. Just what we need as fuel and tolls continue to rise. LESS PAY. Drive more and make less is NOT a good business plan.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I haven't seen anything about a change in pay, just the payment of $1000 each year on the anniversary of having the new decals installed. Where do you find information about a change in pay?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
The new contracts/renewal's will forfeit the 1/2% as I understand it for carrying the brand we used to get. If you go with the new brand you get $1000 payable every year on the anniversary of the brand change.
Get it done Nov,1st 2012 get the check on Nov, 1st 2013.
From My CC by the way.

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
I've been told several times by sources I consider valid that we will not lose our 1/2% when the logos come off. We're grandfathered in on our current contracts and will continue to receive the pay until we replace the trucks. Then the new scheme will apply: $1000 annual bonus for logos, nothing for 'non-brand-standard" trucks.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I've been told several times by sources I consider valid that we will not lose our 1/2% when the logos come off. We're grandfathered in on our current contracts and will continue to receive the pay until we replace the trucks. Then the new scheme will apply: $1000 annual bonus for logos, nothing for 'non-brand-standard" trucks.

That is what I have been told also.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We called our "CC" on this last week. We asked what our percentage would be after we put the new signs on. She told us that number is still up in the air. That it was still up in 'legal' being discussed. Don't know much more beyond that.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I asked a few weeks ago and was told nothing changes as long as the vehicle stays in the fleet.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I did a little research today and this is the information I received:

To be branded and receive the incentive, vehicles must be all white (cab, sleeper and box) with no other markings on the vehicle.

Vehicles with cabs or boxes any other color than white will not receive the branding package or the incentive. Vehicles with any other markings of any kind including, but not limited to, stripes, flames, bumper stickers, other logos, emblems, will not get the branding incentive. These trucks will have the old signs removed or the box will be wrapped.

Custom Critical will grandfather in all contractors who currently have a truck under the former ½% incentive plan, but they will not be eligible for the annual branding incentive as long as they receive the ½% incentive. If the owner wants to be in the new annual program, he or she will lose the ½%.

Last edited: