A question for Load1....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think some companies did not like having their truck numbers displayed.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We lost access to the numbers but have requested as to why. No answer seems to be coming and I can guess the reason. Password protection is not needed as our drivers have the Qualcomm tool which gives them more information to help them operate.

eklektek

Active Expediter
Load 1 Adminstration/Dispatch recently sent out a long and clearly worded directive explaining that they expect all of their drivers to use the QC and to quit calling dispatch to inquire about loads.

"If we have a load we will contact you."

In the past 12 days I have run one short load consisting of approximately 367 miles. I have been woke up in the wee morning hours to ask if I will accept a particular load only to have the Load bid be unaccepted. Meanwhile, this driver is unable to resume his REM sleep. Please, contact the drivers AFTER you win the load. We are all desperate to earn money and speaking for the team I run with, not a one of us will ever turn down any load, no matter how paltry the mileage. In the inimitable words of Nike: JUST DO IT!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
While I agree... The problem is your fleet owner runs a certain way. Half of the fleet group would disagree with you on this. Again herein lies the quandary for operations. Everyone wants it done differently. I respect all the views and I don't think one outweighs the other. But operations is in a ****ed if you do don't situation. You would be amazed at the turn down rate event during less busy periods.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Load 1 Adminstration/Dispatch recently sent out a long and clearly worded directive explaining that they expect all of their drivers to use the QC and to quit calling dispatch to inquire about loads.

In the past 12 days I have run one short load consisting of approximately 367 miles. I have been woke up in the wee morning hours to ask if I will accept a particular load only to have the Load bid be unaccepted. Meanwhile, this driver is unable to resume his REM sleep. Please, contact the drivers AFTER you win the load. We are all desperate to earn money and speaking for the team I run with, not a one of us will ever turn down any load, no matter how paltry the mileage. In the inimitable words of Nike: JUST DO IT!

If thats a short run I'll give up tea ! :p

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Then as soon as they call someone after booking the load and that driver says no their in a mess. Or they wake a driver for a 20 mile load he says yes then complains to everyone who will listen about being woke up at 4am for a crappy load. To top it of because we are independents they should be asking first. In the long haul I say wake me and I do have trouble getting back to sleep.

guido4475

Not a Member
A bunch of small loads in a week can make a good week, just with more work to it.It's all money and green. Bring it on.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Like I said, no good answer. I do feel for him. He has had a rough few weeks without a doubt.

guido4475

Not a Member
Like I said, no good answer. I do feel for him. He has had a rough few weeks without a doubt.

We all have had a few bad weeks, as patience is running thin and tempers flare easily. Which is understandable.We all deal with it in our own way, some good, and some not so good. This is what separates the men from the boys.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh I can relate out last 13 days had 10 in service I'm batting a big fat zero. Some days I want to scream some days I say oh well life goes on.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sounds like a bad month!! Is it bad for the team straight trucks too, or just the cubes and vans?

Not stellar for us either. It is what it is. Slow times make you question everything and think wild thoughts. Things happen and drive you more crazy. Be diligent and run all the loads that make sense. Do we get some less than senseless offers sometimes, sure we do. If you have to pass then do so or as we have been told, anything that is way substandard, let them know. Its been rough this year and hopefully it will get better with the coming month. Know what you are doing and don't second guess yourself.