a new truck

denny2010

Expert Expediter
a 2012 freightliner m2 106 ,96"bentz sleeper for $134,900.... sounds nice...have to be rolling along to get that truck paid for...lol....i guess with all the comforts who needs to go home...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a M2 M112 business class. I will never own another M2 again. To light a duty truck for expediting in my opinion. They start to rattle quickly. They have far too many cheap plastic parts that break easily too. IF I ever buy another truck it will be a class 8 truck. No class 7's or 7.5's for me again.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a M2 M112 business class. I will never own another M2 again. To light a duty truck for expediting in my opinion. They start to rattle quickly. They have far too many cheap plastic parts that break easily too. IF I ever buy another truck it will be a class 8 truck. No class 7's or 7.5's for me again.

It was discussed in many threads the class 7's just don't go the distance...class 8's were built to be million mile trucks and built better on average...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
M2s are class 7 trucks.

Congrats on the truck but my truck can't do anything that yours does better :cool:

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did he buy this one? I though he was asking advice. Hope I did not screw up. I was not out to tick anyone off.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
If I were to go to a straight truck it would be a class 8,best reason you can keep it for 10 years at most carriers,class 7's they want you to get rid of it in 5.If your running on your own authority,then still class 8,it will last much longer.
134000 for a straight truck,hope you run with your wife,thats alot of revenue you have to make to pay the bills

denny2010

Expert Expediter
i didnt buy a new truck....was just calling around this week and a new truck for 135,000...a truck with 500,000 miles is 50,000- 70,000 dollars. seems fair..