A Great Place to Buy a Used Truck-Ryder Vehicle Sales

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I bought a used truck fro Ryder about 1 1/2 months ago, the day after I brought it home I noticed that it was leaking a small amount of oil, I called the Salesman/Sales Mgr and told him that it was leaking, he said no problem. Now the vehicle sales yard is about 100 miles from my house and their is a regular ryder truck rental inn my city so he set it up for me to take it there as it is closer for me, about an hour after I spoke with him about the oil leak it started pouring down rain at my house and I noticed that the roof on the box was leaking up towards the front so I called him back and he said no problem will get that fixed also, after I got the truck back both items were fixed, I did a couple of local runs that week and noticed that the oil was leaking again, so I called the salesman/mgr and he set up for me to take it back to the ryder in my city,when I went to pick it up the mechanic said that it was leaking at the air compressor on the engine, he mentioned that one of the ears were broke of of the compressor and that it wouldn't hurt anything for it to be that way but he wasn't sending it out of the shop that way so he ordered a new compressor for it. About a week later while being out of town on a load I noticed that it started leaking again but I could not tell where it was coming from so I called the salesman/mgr and he said ok enough is enough , know that it's a little distance for you but I want you to bring it to my facility and I guarantee that it will be fixed once and for all , so I agreed but could not bring it back right away as I was out of town and was going to stay out as long as the loads were there, so about a week and a half went by before I could get it in but by this time it was loosing a good bit of oil and I was checking it about 4 times a day to keep it up. When I took in the warranty mgr called me the next day and said he didn't even know how I was keeping oil in it because it was leaking from so many different places, I said I checked it 4 times a day that's how, my new to me truck was not going to run low on oil no matter what. So he said well this is a pretty good size job so I'm going to have one of my outside vendors do this work for me , no problem with me I just want it fixed right. So they get into it and determine that it needs to repaired at the rear main seal,the oil pan,the front seal,the fuel rail , and the compressor again, after removing the auto transmission to replace the rear main seal they found that the flexplate was cracked ( I never noticed any problems with the trans ) so they get the oil leaks repaired get the new flexplate go to install the transmission and notice that the bell housing is cracked, auto trans so the bellhousing and trans are 1 pc unlike a manual trans, so they in turn order me a remanufactured trans from Allison, they get it in and get it back to me and everything runs great, even the transmission feels different and good. So on Wednesday I get a run down south it runs great no problems, I have to be home by Monday for a doctors appointment so I dont hang out waiting for a load to come up I just get going and started putting together a few things going back around my house just to cover my expenses. I hit the last stop in Tampa and pick up a couple of chairs in a neighborhood, I get them loaded and start out down the street, there are a good bit of oak trees on the street with some overhanging the street, I'm taking it slow I get past many of them with no problems , except this one that we will call the unforgiving. I clipped this limb that is overhanging the street and is about 10" in diameter on an elbow at that ( much stronger than just a regular limb) I feel it and try to stop but my foot slips off of the brake and hits the gas, I didn't pick up any speed but it was all torque, and within a split second I get stopped and get out and oh yeah the nightmare is true, it completely ripped off the roof of the box and in doing so it ripped the top of all the panels along the entire right side, what a mess and what an embarrassment. About 4 neighbors come out and I am just upset and I don't mean mad upset just in disbelief that I just destroyed the box on my truck and I'm telling ya I am a cautious driver, I don't even drive over 62 on the highway even if the speed limit is 70 and I'm empty or not, I have always had large trucks and never had anything like this happen , so anyway the neighbors tell me " don't feel bad this happens all the time with that tree you are no where near the first one to do this" I said then why is the limb still there? they said that the oak trees are protected and they are not allowed to be cut period, we have asked the city many times to cut it because we are tired of seeing people ruin their trucks here but they still wont cut it. I said well then they should at least have a sign here stating that there is a low clearance. So back to Ryder, I call the warranty mgr at the place that I bought the truck and asked if he could look in their system and see if any of their locations had a box for sale that I maybe could get a good deal on, well he gave me the number to the location in Tampa and they had 1 on their yard that they wanted 3500 for it installed, I asked if that was the best he could do , he asked if mine and a liftgate and if so what condition was it in, I said it does and it's in great condition, he said ok 2500.00 installed and I'll just keep your liftgate and scrap all of the metal. 2500.00 you got it I'll be there in 20 minutes to look at it went and looked at it it's in better shape than mine was, I'll have the truck here in an hour how soon can you install it for me, he said we'll get on it today and should finish it for ya tomorrow, absolutely super. I also took his and the owner of the tow truck company advise, bought a camera took pictures of the damage took pictures of the street showing no signs for restricted trucks or low clearance since they say that the oak trees are protected and went to city hall and filed a claim against the city of Tampa for the cost of the damages,the rental car and hotel fees. I'll let yall know how it comes out. But Ryder Vehicle Sales OUTSTANDING

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I bought my van from Ryder, it was what I wanted (equipped the way I wanted it) but the price was a little too high - they would not bargain.

The van was a GMC, with a Chevy grill and they would not change it after the salesman realized the mistake. Didn't come with a spare or jack, telling me that all fleet ordered vans didn't have one.

I lost a fan belt and idler pulley a week after I got it, they paid for it to be fixed with no problems but they didn't fix the seatbelt on the passenger side which meant I could not insure it unless I took the seat out and they were supposed to get me a radio to replace the AM only radio but I got the radio three months after I sold the van which was almost three years after I bought it.

Would I buy from them again?

yea why not.

guido4475

Not a Member
I bought my 2003 e-350 van from ryder a couple of weeks ago.I could not be more happier.On my way home from Wisconsin where I picked it up from,the idler pulley come apart and I was able to get off to the side of the road. I called Nancy in Oak Creek, Wi to tell her of the problem, and one of the firest things she asked me is if I was in a safe spot.I told her that I was.She had a tow truck come out and take it to the Bensonville, Illinois Ryder facility.They were the best there.Clean, courteous, freindly and did the job right the first time.They put a new belt and tensioner pulley on it, and I asked them if they could check the front end out since it was vibrating a little at highway speeds.They checked it out and told me that it needed all 4 ball joints and they would have it done in 5 hours.I went and got a motel room, but they called me on time and let me know it was done.I couldnt be happier.I mean, where else can you buy a used vehicle with a 30-day warranty,nationwide,with a full repair/maintenance history since new.and for a fair price.I highly recommend checking out ryder's used vehicles at their website ryder.usedtrucks.com You'll be glad you did.