A/C problems

EEC17

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have 2011 Hino 338 and it just started blowing hot air over night. All the fuses look good. Any suggestions?

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
So..... it worked fine and was blowing cold one day, then started blowing cold the next?
First thoughts fan belt shredded off, verify it is installed and tight. Loss of refigerant (leak in system) Possible fan clutch issue. Make sure the fan is not freewheeling when you spin it. Are you experiencing any overheat issues. Check condensor for debris on the face of it. Clean the cabin air filter/screen. Run the truck at 1500 rpm with the ac on high and windows down. Look at the compressor. Is it locked in??

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mr. Hino123. Didn't you relocate the condenser on a Hino truck and say it was great even in Florida. I thought I saw your post but now I can't find it? Can you send it to me. Thanks.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Mr. Hino123. Didn't you relocate the condenser on a Hino truck and say it was great even in Florida. I thought I saw your post but now I can't find it? Can you send it to me. Thanks.
No sir you must be mistaken, I have replaced condensors, removed debris from condensors but have never relocated one. I usually make sure the liscense plate is not blocking the small opening under the condensor. I also usually recommend if you idle your truck alot to bump the idle up to 980, using the high idle knob (2014 and down), or bump it up with the cruise control (2015 and up). They do not get alot of air flow on the 2011 and up models due to relocating the condensor lower on the CAC/Radiator assy,so fan clutch operation and restrictions are two biggies to look for.

EEC17

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
When my a/c is running the vents on the bottom of my dash have hot air coming out. a/c had a bad switch and has been replaced. I can't figure out how to stop the hot air. Any suggestions?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
When my a/c is running the vents on the bottom of my dash have hot air coming out. a/c had a bad switch and has been replaced. I can't figure out how to stop the hot air. Any suggestions?
It sounds like one of the blend doors is in the wrong position.