'98 International 9800 COE Parts ??

Dunbar87

Seasoned Expediter
I gotta '98 cabover[condo] and i'm looking for a visor. I've looked just about everywhere online and i'm strikin' out. Either factory lookin' or a semi-gansta style. [stainless ones] [lights or no lights]

Also, i've got standard issu'd steel white pilot wheels. [tandem axl'd] I'd like to get those chrome wheel hub covers [front and rear] and lugs caps. Is there a decent place to pick those up at ? Are those things compression fitted ?? As i see no brackets/clamps/mounting areas. You see um at the pilots but i'm not about to ask the goobers at the counter.

And lastly, need to pick up a couple more e-trac bars. Anyone in the mid-west sell'um ?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Production of that model ran for almost 2 decades. I'm sure a boneyard, I mean a previously tested parts depot, should have a visor. That was a very popular fleet truck, as was the TranStar model it replaced. A visor shouldn't be hard to find.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I love my 9800, and just purchased a 9700 with 300K on it. Looking forward to fielding this one.

Dunbar87

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry so late in reply.

I'm really liking the 9800. Have had a couple things go bad but overall not having many issues. For a single driver its plenty big enuff. I took out the upper bunk. Had to cut the leading edge of lower bunk to place a fridge behind the floor blower box. Micro is in the TV slot. Inverter went in passenger side cubby. Cut a piece of MDF and made a top shelf screwed into the top of the utility side cabinet. Put a 20" TV there.

Glad its a condo cause it really does give you a bigger interior feel.
Also added a floor mounted 3 drawer box behind the drivers seat. Clothes are bagged and sit on either side of TV. The hanging rack above the fridge is mostly empty cause i didnt wanna block the rear of the fridge.

A/C will freeze you right out and using 2 blankets at night. PonyPack APU is in need of some additional repairs and ill be getting to that eventually.

I got the cummins 880 with the 9 speed. 8-91/2 MPG. Just turned 600,000 and only burning 1/2 gal per 5,000 miles.

Stil looking for those chrome hubby covers for front and rear. Throw some of those lug covers also. Too much right now to invest in alcoas.

I can legally haul 24,500 if load is evenly spread thruout the 26' length. 14 skids has made me a few $'s.

So how you guys got your 9800's set up ?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We have a quad axle. Placed a steer axle behind the fuel tanks. Has a rigmaster, 28 foot box, liftgate, full logistics. Really good machine. BTW could gross 66,000 in some states, but chose to plate it for 54,000 (bridge laws).

flatbedin

Seasoned Expediter
Send me a pm with your email, and I'll send you the pics of my setup. It's just like the col explained. I set the inside up a little different, I have a tv, micro, fridge, put shelving units in it with a section of draws for food. I have a loft in the box for pads, straps, a extra tool box on the side for tool box, ect.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"We have a quad axle. Placed a steer axle behind the fuel tanks. Has a rigmaster, 28 foot box, liftgate, full logistics. Really good machine. BTW could gross 66,000 in some states, but chose to plate it for 54,000 (bridge laws)."

Is it possible to post a few pics of this amazing rig?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Just purchased a 9700, and will promote the same type of shipper friendly equipment on it. I'll try to post a pic of it in the future. I'm sure you've seen pix of the Argosy.