$901.00 .. all better!

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
That is exactly the symptoms I had .. one final check for you ... when you pull over to "restart and reset" .. have you even given it fuel while parked, and it sounds like a 4 barrel carb sucking air?

Now I know why you asked this question.

[x] all criteria have now been met

Looks like I'll be taking a day or two out of service this week.

Odds on that I can convince the company to order the EGR valve without getting it diagnosed by the dealership first?

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Where do you find the connection to connect the computer to have it read what your engine lights mean? I'm going to auto zone today to use their computer to see why the "check engine light" is on in my car so I figured, I'd take the sprinter in at the same time and hopefully I get a code that will support my arguement that it is the EGR valve.

At this point, I can tell they don't want to spend $900, so they want to waste time diagnosing other problems. When I told them yesterday about the new symptom, they told me to take off the battery connections, leave them off for 20 mins and clean them real good.

I just don't want to waste a day of them diagnosing my problem and then another day for them to decide to fix it and another day to do it.

So how can I find where to connect the computer to?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where do you find the connection to connect the computer to have it read what your engine lights mean? I'm going to auto zone today to use their computer to see why the "check engine light" is on in my car so I figured, I'd take the sprinter in at the same time and hopefully I get a code that will support my arguement that it is the EGR valve.

At this point, I can tell they don't want to spend $900, so they want to waste time diagnosing other problems. When I told them yesterday about the new symptom, they told me to take off the battery connections, leave them off for 20 mins and clean them real good.

I just don't want to waste a day of them diagnosing my problem and then another day for them to decide to fix it and another day to do it.

So how can I find where to connect the computer to?

in the 06/05's it under the dash up around the E brake pedal right around the corner when ya open door.....small black box should have a flip down cover on it...

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
in the 06/05's it under the dash up around the E brake pedal right around the corner when ya open door.....small black box should have a flip down cover on it...

I have an 07, the E-brake is beside the drivers seat. However, there is a fuse panel there. And there was a compartment labeld ODB that I couldn't access because I don't have the right tool, it looks like there might be prongs under there to connect a computer to.

Here is what I'm talking about: the fusebox

CIMG0025.jpg

and in the fuse panel, there was this

CIMG0027.jpg

Would that be it?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I should have said where the hood latch is....sorry bout that...

Star screw driver doesn't fit? or a 6 side driver?