Status
Not open for further replies.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hope this helps and finally answers your question, again.:p
Brisco

Thank you, it does.

A 7000# curb weight on a 9600# chassis gives you 2600# to play with. Using Greg's calculations for personal stuff you would be limited to less than 2000# for cargo. Personal stuff adds more weight than one would think. Add shelves, insulation and other goodies and you limit your legal load capacity.

Getting the extra 400# on a 10,000# chassis would make a huge difference.

What we are trying to convey here is that weight is a critical factor when building a van to keep it legal. True, the odds of getting pulled into a scale are slim. Once in 12 years for me. But it can happen.

Aside from Spartan there are also van bodies by Rockport, American Cargo and Baybridge.

Here is a link for Cargomaxx. There is a thread for cargomaxx on E.O.

CargoMaxx

Brisco

Expert Expediter
do i need a library card for this post,,fell asleep,,,to much talk,,,just do it

Doggie Daddy said
Thankfully there is a solution,just go on to another thread.

Was Rome built in a day?

Did God create the earth overnight?

Was the Sears Tower built by one guy who had a wrench and some nuts and bolts and just an "idea", or was it carefully planned out?

Sorry to bore you guys, but I'm not one that puts my signature on a 30 page contract and then jumps into a van to get on the road without first knowing what it is I just signed and without knowing what will be involved when I'm behind the wheel of that van.

I respect what Doggie Daddy had to say. Sure, if this is boring you then go read something else. I believe after being here 7 years he has the right to give mundane advice. But to have a 6 month member add 2 cents worth of useless insight, well, that's just the nature of this board.

While I have been here reading this board for 9-10 years, I have kept up with the reputation this board has had at times. Yes, this board has had it's days with mundane disagreements, vile disagreements, and administrative intervention with the closing of threads and banning of members. And then the people the were involved in the controversial cry "freedom of speech" when Admin puts the "children" in time out for acting as they were. That being childish in itself.

So, that smart ash remark was not called for skybaby, and I for one will not tolerate it. If you have nothing productive to add, then it be best that nothing be said at all, know what I mean. That way we can all go on our merry way and learn about about expediting as this board was set up to do.

Brisco

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Thank you very much Briscoe,but if you will excuse me I must leave this thread and go give some mundane advice elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Thank you very much Briscoe,but if you will excuse me I must leave this thread and go give some mundane advice elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Like your new "tagline" there........

Hahahaha.

And as I figured, didn't understand what I was getting at.

Mundane - 2. common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative.

Explained - "Someone outside some group that is implicit from the context, such as the computer industry or science fiction fandom. The implication is that those in the group are special and those outside are just ordinary."

So my explanation why I used the word Mundane. You had to give advice at a time when advice would not have been needed if one had been in the right mind to, well, keep their mouth shut, sor to speak.(skyraider)

I respect and value your advice and history when it comes to "Expediting", OK. I also apologize using phrases and terminology that may be above your intellect. For if it was not, your "sig-tagline" would not have been changed as quick as it was.

Guess all I gotta say now is "Sorry Dude, My Bad". Is that easier to accept and understand? :rolleyes:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Like your new "tagline" there........

Hahahaha.

And as I figured, didn't understand what I was getting at.

Mundane - 2. common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative.

Explained - "Someone outside some group that is implicit from the context, such as the computer industry or science fiction fandom. The implication is that those in the group are special and those outside are just ordinary."

So my explanation why I used the word Mundane. You had to give advice at a time when advice would not have been needed if one had been in the right mind to, well, keep their mouth shut, sor to speak.(skyraider)

I respect and value your advice and history when it comes to "Expediting", OK. I also apologize using phrases and terminology that may be above your intellect. For if it was not, your "sig-tagline" would not have been changed as quick as it was.

Guess all I gotta say now is "Sorry Dude, My Bad". Is that easier to accept and understand? :rolleyes:

We liked you better when you were just lurking.....you, SIR, are an arrogant A S S.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Whatever dude,methinks we would all be better off if you had just stayed in the lurking mode.

But now that you are "out there" it can probably be entertaining for the members to find out that you really didn't learn anything in the 9-10 years you were in the shadows.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Thank You DD.

You're welcome, anytime.....

Please refer to your own "sig-tagline" next time you wish to step into a conversation that does not pertain to you.

Anything and everything on this board pertains to me and any other member that chooses to read your drivel and comment on it.

Brisco

You come here "asking" for advice and proceed to shoot down anyone that wants to answer you and then if someone disagrees with you, you imply that they're stupid....they just can't "get it"...... so I will stand by my "A S S" comment. No need to thank me a second time.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Whatever dude,methinks we would all be better off if you had just stayed in the lurking mode.

But now that you are "out there" it can probably be entertaining for the members to find out that you really didn't learn anything in the 9-10 years you were in the shadows.

That is why I said this right here at the end of my very first post:

Thanks for the long read. Comments, good and bad are welcome. I can give it just as well as some of you can, so look out.
Yes, I know the history of this board when it comes to people spewing from their mouths and I for one will speak up when speaking up needs to be done.

I expect to handle discussions the same way on a discussion board as I would discussions if we were to be sitting face to face. Being on an "anonymous" board makes one "bold, brave, ignorant, bleek," and so on.

No, I was not gmmclain, or whoever it is you are referring to. I have never played the mutliple names game. I use Brisco and Brisco only. I never registered on this board til last week.

This I hate to see. A decent thread from one speaking out after staying quiet for years that is heading towards the "O" file because someone decided to be a, well, as DD put it, an A S S.

And it clearly shows right here that no blame is to be placed on the original poster, but towards others that have taken it upon themselves to take a shut where they need not to.

Sad history, very sad history repeating itself.

Brisco

Brisco

Expert Expediter
You come here "asking" for advice and proceed to shoot down anyone that wants to answer you and then if someone disagrees with you, you imply that they're stupid....they just can't "get it"...... so I will stand by my "A S S" comment. No need to thank me a second time.

Please "re-read" the whole thread, OK.

If you would do just that, then you might have a better outlook on what was said and when, and why the responses given were given.

If you choose not too, then I apologize for it being above your intellect also.

Again DD, Thank You.

Brisco

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Briscoe,for someone who claims to have read EO for all these years,you really don't have a clue as to how things go around here.I'm just sayin'.

But as I stated earlier you will become great entertainment here until you finally can't take it anymore and then announce that we are all idiots and that you are leaving.

History does indeed repeat itself.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Briscoe,for someone who claims to have read EO for all these years,you really don't have a clue as to how things go around here.I'm just sayin'.

But as I stated earlier you will become great entertainment here until you finally can't take it anymore and then announce that we are all idiots and that you are leaving.

History does indeed repeat itself.

Yes, I know the history of the dozen or so "Senior Members" that jump on a thread or a member not because of what they have to say, but just because they don't like them. And it has been proven here many times the member in question could have been very well in the right the whole time.

If that is ones, or others, value of "ENTERTAINMENT", then that is what makes boards such as this worthless when it comes to the information it is trying to provide for all.

This EO board here as been discussed many times on many other boards. The vile history it has had at times has lead others to other venues to learn about Expediting. Many of the boards I am currently on actually post links to the fights and disagreements that have gone on here. We shake our heads in disbelief at the "mundane" postings that start the fiasco in the first place. I applaud Lawrence for the locking of each and every thread he has locked and/or deleted.

With that said, I guess I'm done. My time is not going to be wasted dealing with such inconsequential members that wish to "entertain" themselves instead of helping, of which this board could very well do not only for me, but others who wish to learn more about Expediting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.