8 Hrs Advance

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Could someone in the know tell me if you refuse a load that was offered more then 8 hrs in advance count toward your refusul numbers.
I was at 100% an turn down a load yesterday picking up today and now I am at 68%

pantherart

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Could someone in the know tell me if you refuse a load that was offered more then 8 hrs in advance count toward your refusul number
=========================
It depends. Monday through Friday it isn't a refusal. If it is Sat through Sun, I believe it is 24 hrs.
If they are recorded inaccurate, call contractor relations and they can make any necessary corrections.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dave has it right, 8 hours on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends. Unfortunately you can pretty well be assured that if you turn down a load, even if it is on the phone and you specifically say to the dispatcher "that's not a refusal because xxxxx, correct?" and the dispatcher says "no, it's not a refusal" they are still going to screw it up and hit you with a refusal. You pretty much have to log onto the website just afterward and check them.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
it is 8 hours Monday- Friday. until 18:00 on Friday then its 24 hours until 00:00 Monday. hope this helps and if you have a lap top and access to the internet you will have to check them after each load offer....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I haven't looked in a long time but I imagine it's in the driver handbook.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I couldn't find it in the manual. Much of the things in the manual I have are just powerpoint briefing slides that only outline what might have been covered in orientation. I regularly complain about the lack of written policy, so I'll just leave it at that.

eb

sdelliott31

Expert Expediter
Wow, thanks Dave and LDB. I didn't know that. I thought it was just an 8 hour refusual didn't hurt you period. I'll be sure to share this with our drivers (whats left of them) :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's written. Sort of. :)
Driver Web, News You Can Use, Next Page, 10/7/2007, New First Out Program Details.