70,000 dead over virus 19

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
So, with 70,000 dead at about 10k dollars a funeral, adds up to about 700 million dollars , funeral homes be making big bucks....just saying..

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The ones making big bucks are those falsely identifying deaths as due to C19 when they aren't and getting $39k from the government. Some states are particularly inflating their death count.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gun deaths, car accidents, the flu, overdoses, they all kill about the same number of people every year, between 40,000 and 60,000.

Most people will tell you they know of someone who died from a gunshot, or overdose, or car accident, but almost no one knows anyone who died of the flu. Why is that?

It's because the number of flu deaths each year is largely made up, using complicated algorithms. When they actually count the number of flu deaths, it's about 4000 in most years, once in a while in a bad year its up there around 15,000.

Comparing COVID-19 Deaths to Flu Deaths Is like Comparing Apples to Oranges

Reactions: RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter
When I think of someone dying of the flu, I also think that they developed a pneumonia. You also have people that have died without being hospitalized from it. But agree, the number is probably inflated considerably.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gun deaths, car accidents, the flu, overdoses, they all kill about the same number of people every year, between 40,000 and 60,000.

Most people will tell you they know of someone who died from a gunshot, or overdose, or car accident, but almost no one knows anyone who died of the flu. Why is that?

It's because the number of flu deaths each year is largely made up, using complicated algorithms. When they actually count the number of flu deaths, it's about 4000 in most years, once in a while in a bad year its up there around 15,000.

That was a interesting article.
Perhaps if that message was spread around more, less people would be screaming to open the country back up. Or at least put on a mask if there going to scream

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Ragman and Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From the linked article:
But there are little data to support the CDC’s assumption that the number of people who die of flu each year is on average six times greater than the number of flu deaths that are actually confirmed.

Could this mean that the CDC's statistics on deaths from gunshots, smoking, masturbation, car accidents etc. are six times greater than actually confirmed?

The CDC should immediately change how it reports flu deaths. While in the past it was justifiable to err on the side of substantially overestimating flu deaths, in order to encourage vaccination and good hygiene, at this point the CDC’s reporting about flu deaths is dangerously misleading the public and even public officials about the comparison between these two viruses.

It was justifiable in the past for the CDC to inflate the mortality rate for flu deaths to encourage (frighten) people to get vaccinated and practice good hygiene. It certainly must be justifiable during this pandemic for the CDC to inflate the death count from COVID 19 to encourage people to social distance, stay at home, practice good hygiene and shut the country down. It sure is comforting to know that government agencies lie to me for my own welfare. mask 20 pix.jpg

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That was a interesting article.
Perhaps if that message was spread around more, less people would be screaming to open the country back up. Or at least put on a mask if there going to scream
Just the other day someone in front of me in line at the J commented that he didn't know what the big deal is, that this thing is no worse than the flu. If only he knew how wrong he was. I don't think he was a truck driver, though. Most truck drivers seem to realize this is different, even if they don't know the real numbers from the flu.

You've got to wear a mask when you're around other people. A mask will help protect others if you've got it and are asymptomatic, but not 100 percent. But it will greatly reduce the amount of virus you put into the air. Same with breathing in the virus. A bandana or scarf won't give much protection in a hospital setting or in a crowded restaurant, but it will greatly reduce the virus dose you get.

They still don't know for sure if a smaller dose of COVID-19 results in less illness, but in general with coronaviruses that's the case. It's not the case with noroviris or rhinovirus, as just a few virus particles can make you just as sick as a really lot of particles. Depends on your immune system, of course, but smaller doses give the body a fighting chance.

Watch what you touch and keep your hands washed or sanitized, and don't touch your face. Watch where on a door handle that people grab to open the door. Don't grab it there. I use a car key on number pads like fuel pumps and credit card terminals, or at the very least, the tip of my little finger.

One interesting finding that is emerging is the correlation between deaths and severity of illness is whether or not someone is Vitamin D deficient. One may not have anything to do with the other, but it's interesting. All of the people who have died or have had the most severe bouts with COVID-19 have had underlying conditions, or comorbidities. Every single one of the comorbidities has in common a deficiency in Vitamin D. Having diabetes, being overweight, smoking, actually depletes Vitamin D. Old people naturally have lower levels of Vitamin D, and if they are not getting any sun (nursing home) the levels are down even more.

Don't take medical advice from a van driver. But it might be worth taking a Vitamin D3 supplement. Don't overdo it, because too much D3 can be a problem. Recommend dosage is between 1000 iu and an upper limit of 4000 iu per day. None of the scientific studies show any problems up to 10,000 iu. I take a multivitamin containing 1000 iu, but because I have at least 6 comorbidities, all of which deplete Vitamin D, and I don't get much sun, I'm also taking a D3 supplement of 5,000 iu. Might be worth doing a little research on. Best would be to have your doctor test your blood for vitamin D levels and go from there, that way you can work out exactly how much you should be taking. But I'm winging it.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It sure is comforting to know that government agencies lie to me for my own welfare.
mask 20 pix.jpg
Except for the masks thing. We know why they kept telling us that masks don't work, but sheesh. It was a blatant lie. Adam Schiff level lying. I got a kick out of the Surgeon General on Fox and Friends when he said masks don't work, that a mask actually increases your chance of getting the virus. But they need them in hospitals. Kilmead gave him the ol' side eye. Two days later the Surgeon General walked it back, said new and improved CDC guidelines say masks work.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Note ,, about 800K die from cancer and 800K more die from Heartfailure,, each year,,no one is running around in amazement ..

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
United States cases
Updated Aug 8 at 8:24 AM local
Confirmed
+54,321
Deaths
+1,101
Recovered
+24,430
back iin May it was 70,000 deaths,,,hmmmm

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When they attribute every death possible to C19 no matter how questionable you get crazy numbers. When they get $39,000 for every C19 death and nothing for any other deaths of course they're all due to C19. All part of the agenda.

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime