6.0 Powerstroke Good-Bad-whatever?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
no! that's 30k too short. :D

What was rebuilt on it?

GM has yet to find a million mile truck - officially they claim they have, they trotted out a few that may be over a million miles but not one of the owners seems to have kept records like they should have.

mikee

Seasoned Expediter
Sassy here, I fully understand what your saying about the 6.0 will try to find a 7.3 but I think they are beyond the yrs Dunham is requiring -Had a terrible time even finding a Diesel Ford in my Area.At the time the purpose was towing RV. Hence it's at 60K miles about now. Pretty pampered huh!
Do keep up With Diesel Power Mag/forum.Do service /mait regularly
and Change Oil way before the recommended 10,000 miles.
I realized at the Expo I am not the only one that runs around with Spare Parts and replaces everything based on mileage whether it's ready or not(LOL)
I am learning Diesel , I imagine I will learn a whole lot more!

mikee

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Guido, I think that's where were at in Oak Creek -I'll call there
and ask - Didn't see a 7.3 on the lot at the time- But the trucks looked well cared for- We can send it out for paint job if needed and if I can slide with the yr -I will. :rolleyes:
Thanks-
Hubby is headed over there this afternoon -He's on the Ride along for the Route right Now.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
If anyone remembers there was an issue of expedite now not too long ago that had a Panther driver with 1.2 million on his Ford 7.3 in his E-350.It was on the front cover.I am always running into alot of drivers hitting close to the high 900's on their 7.3's and still running strong.