500 miles range from Ohio

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
Newly solo driver here. CDL-B, HazMat, passport, DOD cleared.
Drove ST for Panther Elite and FedEx CC WG. 3 yrs experience team driver. Co-driver flew the coop. Blind sided me. Owner we drove for has NO solo openings. Starting over again. Based west of Cleveland, OH. Considering cargo van or ST. Can stay out 3 weeks. Anybody have any leads?
Thanks,
Carl

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Carl,
You ever think of getting your own truck? With the prices dropping and the fact you have three years already in, it may be a good move.

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
I know NOTHING about owning a truck - other than its expensive.
I'd have to "stay out" forever to make ANY profit after expenses.

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
I have thought of looking into s Sprinter w/ a bunk. Seems the upkeep would be less. Also the possibility of a major problem shuttingme down would be less, just based on engine size. Just thinking out loud here....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I'd start with a nice used Chevy or Ford gasser, those can be had for fairly cheap. Can always upgrade to Sprinter as funds allow. You can get into a used van for pretty cheap, Sprinters are pretty pricey to be starting out in. Just a thought :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, 'cause if there's one thing we need more of out here, it's cargo vans.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Newly solo driver here. CDL-B, HazMat, passport, DOD cleared.
Drove ST for Panther Elite and FedEx CC WG. 3 yrs experience team driver. Co-driver flew the coop. Blind sided me. Owner we drove for has NO solo openings. Starting over again. Based west of Cleveland, OH. Considering cargo van or ST. Can stay out 3 weeks. Anybody have any leads?
Thanks,
Carl
Finding another co-driver wasn't an option ?

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
is there any where you could find out if any o/o are selling there trucks because they want out . Like will Federal Express have a list? I look at EO classifieds all the time seems lot of old posting . just curious

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
check out truckpaper.com, hey bear a friend of mine has a sprinter and a straight and he said the sprinter is just as expensive to fix.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, 'cause if there's one thing we need more of out here, it's cargo vans.

After the rough ride on I65 in my truck, I'm considering a cushy riding van LOL Might have saved me a trip to the chiropractor, since the bouncing out of the seat popped my back a little