5 Things You Think Work, But Actually Don’t

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
5 Things You Think Work, But Actually Don

Office Thermostats

We hate to break it to you, but big companies aren’t just going to let a chilly employee crank the heat up whenever he or she pleases. But if they simply locked the thermostat or put the controls out of reach, the employees would constantly complain.

The solution: A thermostat that doesn’t actually do anything but placate the chilly masses.

“In many offices the controls on the wall don't do anything,” says McRaney. “Some bosses and landlords feel like they can't trust people not to fiddle with the temperature all day and thus cost them money, so they install dummy thermostats which give people the illusion of control. They work really well, as most people fool themselves into believing they feel the change.”
Click here to find out more!

When pressed, most technicians tasked with installing the devices admit that they’re merely window dressing. A 2003 investigation by The Wall Street Journal quoted one HVAC technician who estimated that 90% of office thermostats were completely fake (though other technicians gave lower estimates).

We haven’t seen any study confirming that people feel warmer after fiddling with these props. But let’s be honest: If they didn’t work, offices wouldn’t bother installing them.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well that's the problem I did - you need to look at the link and tell me what is wrong with it.

Beside Elevator close door button does work in many places and so do HDTVs.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that's the problem I did - you need to look at the link and tell me what is wrong with it.

Beside Elevator close door button does work in many places and so do HDTVs.

Apparently you read all 5 things....so what is wrong with it?

You see something I don't?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I'd add myself to that list since this "job" is really nothing more then "paid vacationing"...but my wife might read this forum sometime and then id be "up a creek without a paddle"...and i need that paddle for the canoe when I decide to use it while goin "up a lazy river on a sunday afternoon"...while on vacation out here on the road and it is slow...:D

LOL, I am such a "non-professional" vacation expeditier....:D