5 Sprinter Vans - 2018 Financial Results are In

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also, I think people should have adequate vehicles to live in while on the road. You're approaching this with a sweatshop mentality.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Freghtliner M2 or Hino 268a with 26 ft box and a lift gate and a Texas type sleeper. Will run multi carrier operation.
I sincerely hope you post maintenance cost on those two.

Since you DO post numbers, can I ask why straights? Yes they have more freight opportunity, but myself, I haven't figured out how they earn more than vans...

Just send this guy your resume already, you can be his next servant ... I mean employee ... I mean independent contractor.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Freghtliner M2 or Hino 268a with 26 ft box and a lift gate and a Texas type sleeper. Will run multi carrier operation.
I sincerely hope you post maintenance cost on those two.

Since you DO post numbers, can I ask why straights? Yes they have more freight opportunity, but myself, I haven't figured out how they earn more than vans...

Just send this guy your resume already, you can be his next servant ... I mean employee ... I mean independent contractor.
Yeah, tried that. I'm way too unfriendly in person

Edit: unless you're a driver...

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is how I want my truck to look, with 6ft sleeper, AC, and a diesel heater for a team operations. There is no sweat shop mentality here. I can’t build them an RV and expect to make money. This is business. If drivers don’t like it, they can go ahead and find an office job or join the union.

Attachments

• 12A5F506-CDB0-43C6-8ECB-821F3318E66C.jpeg
    12A5F506-CDB0-43C6-8ECB-821F3318E66C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I called Load One, and they charge 66% I think from the gross, leaving us with approx $15K-$19K monthly revenue; not enough for my liking. I need $27K+ per month, per ST truck.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Getting closer to the numbers I'm looking for.

Not that I'd dream of having employees, just for me

There's a company near me that pays $1.50 all miles, plates, tolls...fleet insurance...stands to reason they charge a customer more than $1.50 a mile

Reactions: fastman_1

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I called Load One, and they charge 66% I think from the gross, leaving us with approx $15K-$19K monthly revenue; not enough for my liking. I need $27K+ per month, per ST truck.
Wrong way to look at it in my opinion. Load 1 pays me 70% of what they charge their customers. They do all the work associated with a load, including, among many other things, paying sales teams to get customers and billing those customers. I do the easy job, which is to pick up and deliver that load.

Now, if I had those customers, etc, you could say that Load 1 charges me x to use their authority.

Something else to consider though. 70% of $2.00 is still more than 80% of $1.50. I made up these numbers, but you don't mention what the gross is. And I suspect that load one grosses a lot more from their own customers that you gross from any brokers.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is how I want my truck to look, with 6ft sleeper, AC, and a diesel heater for a team operations. There is no sweat shop mentality here. I can’t build them an RV and expect to make money. This is business. If drivers don’t like it, they can go ahead and find an office job or join the union.
I would add a tag axle and lift gate.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't do that, then he'd need actual drivers with a commercial license :p

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't do that, then he'd need actual drivers with a commercial license :p
Yeah but he could even make more money.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of that, it's amazing how many jobs there are for DZ (your class B I think) near me. I've never looked before. "Freedom" has an opportunity cost

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I won't say anymore, other than equipment matters to qualified candidates. You'll be dealing with newbies in that sh*tbox.

Make sure to let us know when they decide to go on a jag and abandon your vehicle in Vegas.

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
We are still looking for a same household, hysband/wife team for ST 26ft truck to run 48 states and Canada. They can make $70-$90K
Does it have a sleeper ?
Approximately how many miles per year at $70k?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are still looking for a same household, hysband/wife team for ST 26ft truck to run 48 states and Canada. They can make $70-$90K
Does it have a sleeper ?
Approximately how many miles per year at $70k?

I hate it when you ask two completely different questions and only get one answer.
Either he’s a recruiter or a politician.
There are similarities.