5 days to kill

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Om ok so I took this load from southern MN to Dickinson ND. Can't deliver till the 4th so kinda looking for some input from those of you who travel I 94 out that way as to any known hotels that are reasonably priced that offer Truck Parking? I mean it's only like a days drive so thinking I would like to just relax a few days.but it seems that everyone wants like $80 + per night and I am trying to get by on $100 per day

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
09c02e846eb072cf7f71baa34021c9eb.jpg
312da258cb4f73e360c897c526643f03.jpg
557c3bc921675116029e3c2243423814.jpg

Have you tried any of these motels???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've stayed at the WoodSpring Suites Hotel, an extended stay hotel. Was pretty decent and I think it was about $50 a night. It's probably $60 a night now. I remember I got my room cheaper by calling them directly rather than booking it online. It's just on the western edge of town by Menards.

Reactions: crich

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Shouldn't have took the load .

You may be correct but with the holiday and it being a 1 day drive for $1700 to me I thought what the heck.
Most of us will be lucky to move anywhere by the 4th so taking the load puts you ahead of the curve for 2017 IMHO.
That's kinda what I was thinking. 50 miles deadhead vs 450 home plus wife works till midnight tonight anyway.I not much of a partying person anyway so might as well drive in the new year.

Reactions: fastman_1

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've stayed at the WoodSpring Suites Hotel, an extended stay hotel. Was pretty decent and I think it was about $50 a night. It's probably $60 a night now. I remember I got my room cheaper by calling them directly rather than booking it online. It's just on the western edge of town by Menards.
That must have been a long, long time ago; like before it was even built. Four or five years ago, while it was still under construction, their sign advertised $2100 weekly rate. That was probably for a 2 bedroom suite. I guess with more new rooms and apartments coupled with a down turn in the oil market, hotel rooms have probably dropped in price. If crich wants to save a few bucks his best bet would be to get a room in Fargo, ya, and drive the rest the last day. Once west of Fargo most room prices and fuel prices rise as one travels west.

OVM might give up his parking spot at the Wally World in Sauk Centre. From there you can walk or drive Sinclair Lewis' Main Street. More snow headed that way on Monday.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That must have been a long, long time ago; like before it was even built.
It was in early Spring of 2015, I think.

Four or five years ago, while it was still under construction, their sign advertised $2100 weekly rate. That was probably for a 2 bedroom suite. I guess with more new rooms and apartments coupled with a down turn in the oil market, hotel rooms have probably dropped in price.
I dunno. I stayed there on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for a Monday delivery. The total bill wasn't $200. I also remember the WiFi didn't work.

I just looked them up on Hotels.com and they are $60 and $70 a night, depending on the room.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Om ok so I took this load from southern MN to Dickinson ND. Can't deliver till the 4th so kinda looking for some input from those of you who travel I 94 out that way as to any known hotels that are reasonably priced that offer Truck Parking? I mean it's only like a days drive so thinking I would like to just relax a few days.but it seems that everyone wants like $80 + per night and I am trying to get by on $100 per day
you are lucky to even getting any kind of room....the oil bust has opened many of them back up...rooms were going for about $150 IF you could find one....there is a new truck stop the first exit before Dickinson on the south side of 94.......Value Inn rooms were going for $699 a WEEK last year...

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
$100 a day is enough to live in luxury! :D

Held up at the Quality Inn tax included $52 a night 4 star rating.

Never really have to pay more then $55-60 a night through choice and if the rates are high you can
use your points.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Found a red roof Inn and suites in dickinson for $48 tax included with savings plus discount. Was not a easy trip
The old 7.3 didn't want to start in jamestown when it was -15 or so ended up on a rollback to shop sit in shop till 10:30 pm Tuesday got going then about 80 miles from dickinson lost all tranny fluid sit on 94 from midnight to noon waiting for tow truck.good thing Truck was still running anyway towed to receiver unloaded and towed to ford then told they can look at it in about 4 days.so on a bus home.gonna go buy a tractor.need the sleeper and hotel bills will cover a lot of thexperience payment

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Found a red roof Inn and suites in dickinson for $48 tax included with savings plus discount. Was not a easy trip
The old 7.3 didn't want to start in jamestown when it was -15 or so ended up on a rollback to shop sit in shop till 10:30 pm Tuesday got going then about 80 miles from dickinson lost all tranny fluid sit on 94 from midnight to noon waiting for tow truck.good thing Truck was still running anyway towed to receiver unloaded and towed to ford then told they can look at it in about 4 days.so on a bus home.gonna go buy a tractor.need the sleeper and hotel bills will cover a lot of thexperience payment
the severe cold has a way of making problems show up.....

Reactions: BIGTRAIN