4.11 rear end ?

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Isn't a 4.11 rear end bad for fuel mpg on a straight truck? I am thinking of a 26gvw freightliner with the benz 260hp from ellenbaum trucks but the 4.11 I think is bad for fuel or am I mistaken on this ?

Thanks for answers ahead of time .

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Depending on transmission you'll be running 2200 to2400 at 65 70. Yes it does suck down more fuel

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
is that a manuel transmission? These under 26 trucks aren't well suited for extended highway driving, more of a local delivery truck.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
yes a manual tranny. I just don't want the road tax head aches and the headaches of dealing with locked into a single company to be able to have the over 26k truck. maybe down the road I jump into a bigger truck.

is that a manuel transmission? These under 26 trucks aren't well suited for extended highway driving, more of a local delivery truck.

sewmun

Seasoned Expediter
I picked up a super nice FL70 off lease from Ryder Truck & it had a 4.11 in it but the trans didn't have OD in it & on the way home I was runnin 22-2400 rpm trying to run @ 65 I changed the rear to 3.42 & it's perfect.
I'd reccomend you get one of these with airride.
But probably with the overdrive trans you MIGHT be ok I guess you'll just have to take it for a testdrive.
If you go to craiglook.com there's 100's of these trucks f/s
This one I got from Ryder came w/all maint records since day one,new caps on the back Alcoa wheels,low miles too.