• 14523_395456680530669_1985455445_n.jpg
    14523_395456680530669_1985455445_n.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The following is a list of these good people, in all of human history:

1. Christ

This is as flawed as your math regarding cops. That is the list of perfect not good. Good is obviously included but stopping the rating at the good level expands the list to uncountable millions in all of human history.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The following is a list of these good people, in all of human history:

1. Christ

That's it. Each and every other human being was and is wicked. None of us are any less wicked than Lanza, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, etc.

This is dead wrong. There are millions of good people alive today, just no PERFECT ones. I have seen many put their lives on the line for those they did not know. The MAJORITY of firefighters in this country do so for no pay. They do it because they feel it is their duty and obligation to serve their fellow man. Hundreds DIE each year to protect the lives and property of others. God, Christ, did not demand perfection, He called for effort within the bounds of human weakness. Christ did not hand around with perfect people, He hung around with men.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
This is dead wrong. There are millions of good people alive today, just no PERFECT ones. I have seen many put their lives on the line for those they did not know. The MAJORITY of firefighters in this country do so for no pay. They do it because they feel it is their duty and obligation to serve their fellow man. Hundreds DIE each year to protect the lives and property of others. God, Christ, did not demand perfection, He called for effort within the bounds of human weakness. Christ did not hand around with perfect people, He hung around with men.
it astonishes me how you can relate everything to firefighters. It's like the 6 Degrees of Separation game.
Anyway, we are all sinners, all bound for hell, except Christ. As the Bible says, "(Our) righteousness is as filthy rags." We are wicked, every one of us, and no moreso than Jeffery Dahmer, and all headed to the same place as him unless Christ saves us.
Now, there may be, and are, some people who make better neighbors than others, some people you trust more with your back than others, but this is all relative.
If you're not a Christian, maybe you don't believe this. But if you are, scripture is quite clear on it and there can be no mistake. You can spend the rest of your life selflessly pulling people from burning buildings and rescuing kittens from trees, and absent Christ, you and Pol Pot will be on exactly the same footing before God on Judgment Day.
Pick the most wicked sodomite, and absent Christ, he and I will look the same to God on Judgment Day. Only Christ's redemption makes the difference between being regarded as righteous (or good) and being cast into hell. You still won't be good or righteous, just regarded as such. This is Christianity 101, taught right after John 3:16.
By the way, Christ does demand perfection, but we never achieve that apart from Him. That we aren't perfect and that we sin is why we need Him.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
it astonishes me how you can relate everything to firefighters. It's like the 6 Degrees of Separation game.
Anyway, we are all sinners, all bound for hell, except Christ. As the Bible says, "(Our) righteousness is as filthy rags." We are wicked, every one of us, and no moreso than Jeffery Dahmer, and all headed to the same place as him unless Christ saves us.
Now, there may be, and are, some people who make better neighbors than others, some people you trust more with your back than others, but this is all relative.
If you're not a Christian, maybe you don't believe this. But if you are, scripture is quite clear on it and there can be no mistake. You can spend the rest of your life selflessly pulling people from burning buildings and rescuing kittens from trees, and absent Christ, you and Pol Pot will be on exactly the same footing before God on Judgment Day.
Pick the most wicked sodomite, and absent Christ, he and I will look the same to God on Judgment Day. Only Christ's redemption makes the difference between being regarded as righteous (or good) and being cast into hell. You still won't be good or righteous, just regarded as such. This is Christianity 101, taught right after John 3:16.
By the way, Christ does demand perfection, but we never achieve that apart from Him. That we aren't perfect and that we sin is why we need Him.

Blah..blah...blah...

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
[QUOTE=layoutsh. God, Christ, did not demand perfection, He called for effort within the bounds of human weakness.

Give me chapter and verse on this please

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Christ gave the apostles the authority to forgive, or not forgive the sins, of a man. Perfect people would never need forgiving since there would be no sin. Christ knew that man was weak and would stumble on his path back to God.

We are to strive for perfection but it is, by our very nature, impossible to reach.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Isiah said "None are rightous no not. our rightousness is as filthy rags." the translation for that word rags in the greek is a womens menstruel cloth. JESUS also said "Be ye holy for I am holy." JESUS was 100% man and 100% GOD. He was tempted in all ways we are tempted and he failed not. This was to show us that it could be done Thus sayeth the word of the LORD. There are plenty of good people in the eyes of man but not in the eyes of GOD. A man can not enter heaven by being good but by having A personal relationship with JESUS the CHRIST our Savior and LORD. If anyone would like more info on how to have be forgivin of their sins and have their name written in the Lambs book of life please P.M. me

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Isiah said "None are rightous no not. our rightousness is as filthy rags." the translation for that word rags in the greek is a womens menstruel cloth. JESUS also said "Be ye holy for I am holy." JESUS was 100% man and 100% GOD. He was tempted in all ways we are tempted and he failed not. This was to show us that it could be done Thus sayeth the word of the LORD. There are plenty of good people in the eyes of man but not in the eyes of GOD. A man can not enter heaven by being good but by having A personal relationship with JESUS the CHRIST our Savior and LORD. If anyone would like more info on how to have be forgivin of their sins and have their name written in the Lambs book of life please P.M. me

I am not going to get into bible verses etc. There are multiple translations of every verse.

I thank you for the offer of the PM. I know you mean well and I take no offense from it. I do, however, have my own beliefs and chose to stick with them. Each must find his own way back to God. I respect your beliefs and hope they serve you well. I don't expect you to change your beliefs based on mine, just as I will not change mine based on yours. My studies, instruction and life have led me to believe a certain way. You live your life as you chose and I mine.

Please don't take what I say as an insult, it is not meant to be. Please don't take what I say as to belittle your ideas or beliefs. It is not meant as such. Freedom to worship as we please is a fundamental right of man.