2017 Hino 268 ( ! ) Red Light On Dash and constant beeping.

HinoRich

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2017 268 and there is a red exclamation light on the dash and a constant beeping. I looked it up in the manual and it has something to do with the hydraulic brake system. I have no aux brake motor sound at startup. I cannot push the pedal down, when truck is not running. I have looked at all the connections around the brake master cylinder and the aux motor ground. Brake fluid is fine and there are no leaks. For the past 6 months, the aux brake motor started sounding like it was going to die on startup. Sometimes it sounds strong and other times, after about 10 seconds, it just stopped. Now, it has just stopped all together and I just get a dash light and constant beeping. Could this be the motor itself or should I look elsewhere. Thanks

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Check all of the wires to the motor, including the relay, which should be right below the motor. The reason the light is on and the beeping is because the module that controls the aux motor is detecting an open circuit. Have someone push on the pedal with the engine off and listen for the relay to click and then tap on the motor and see if it takes off and starts working again.

Reactions: HinoRich

HinoRich

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I checked all the wires again. I had someone push the pedal as you suggested a few times and I did feel and hear the relay click.I tapped the aux motor a few times with no luck.

Is there a fuse to pull so the beeping stops?

The Hino mechanic at the local dealer only works 3 days a week and it's hard to get in. I feel I can change this motor myself as it's just 2 bolts on the master cylinder and a wire to the top of it. Is there anything else to the aux motor that I should know before replacing it?

Also, can someone tell me if this motor on the bottom of the master cylinder can be bought seperately and what is the exact name? I can't seem to find a listing as hino hydro max brake booster, hino aux brake motor.

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Im not sure where the module is on a 2017 truck is, but on the 2005 I used to own it was on the passenger side, it was a small module that didnt have many wires connected to it, and I think it said Bendix on it.

That motor is pretty easy to change, there are only 2 bolts to remove it and it might just need a new set of brushes.

HinoRich

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have found the motor, mine is on the driver's side right under the master cylinder. I have found them online but I'm not sure it it's the exact one I need. I can't see any numbers on it so I can let someone know what part I need to order. I explained that there is a motor underneath the master cylinder and the parts guy had no idea what I was talking about.I think they may have a new parts guy...

My motor has a single wire running from it so is that all I need when I'm ordering it? There are motors with 2 wires out of it and the other one just has the post out of it to attach 1 wire, which is like mine. I have found motors in the US but I live in Canada and it would be 2 or 3 weeks before I could get one.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse to pull to stop the F'n beeping, until I get this replaced/repaired?

HinoRich

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm wondering if someone can tell me why there is red fluid(auto transmission/power steering fluid coming out of the bottom of the master cylinder when I started to unbolt the aux motor/backup pump from the master cylinder to replace it? I understood there was nothing more I needed to know, when I was going to replace the motor/backup pump.

HinoRich

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
There were no leaks until I unbolted the 2 bolts from the bottom of the master cylinder. 12 volts to the connection? Every once in awhile, the light does go out but it comes right back. I have checked all the connections around the area. I was told there was no fluid, where the aux motor bolts on, is why I attempted to unbolt this myself. Was this fluid power steering fluid?

Last edited:

Roodi

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have same problem on my truck I don’t know what to do hino 258 2013 break light on with sounds

Attachments

• 55782CBE-9462-479E-8947-B25A96309758.jpeg
    55782CBE-9462-479E-8947-B25A96309758.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 9

gazza31

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a zxu414 turbo diesel 2005 Hino dutro wide cab that's doing the same thing every now and then it beeps for bout 20-30 seconds on start up can any1 send me a link for a replacement module It'll be going through roadworthy soon need it fixed

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I have a zxu414 turbo diesel 2005 Hino dutro wide cab that's doing the same thing every now and then it beeps for bout 20-30 seconds on start up can any1 send me a link for a replacement module It'll be going through roadworthy soon need it fixed
We don't have this model in the US so I don't have any parts info for you.