2015 Ford Transit Maintenance Costs

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Good luck with the Ford Transits. I talked to an owner of one the first year they came out. At 150,000, his driveshaft and rear failed, the brakes don't last very long, the tires last half as long as his Chevy cargo van did. You guys running 2015's might be in for some big suprises buy the time you reach 150k. It seems all these new design cargo vans of problems. The Dodges really a Fiat, have a transmission problem in that every 30k and transmission part has to be replaced since its made of plastic with a metal outside layer. This what an owner told me. Also once a month he has to replace a headlight. Sprinters- they've always had issues. Nissan, I heard they are reliable but are too short.

Reactions: Michael_H

schwanman

Expert Expediter
The 2 years on routes in eastern upper peninsula, gaylord, and alpena mi were the most fun. Surprisingly the Amish are great and loyal customers. The other 18 years as a general manager led to stress, balding, etc. Lol
Somebody who just retired would have loved the bagel dogs!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The 2 years on routes in eastern upper peninsula, gaylord, and alpena mi were the most fun. Surprisingly the Amish are great and loyal customers. The other 18 years as a general manager led to stress, balding, etc. Lol
Wow!

And I thought schlepping rags and aprons to restaurants from Detroit to Flint was covering a lot of ground.

Reactions: ntimevan

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Wow!

And I thought schlepping rags and aprons to restaurants from Detroit to Flint was covering a lot of ground.
That was back in the day. Now they have depots in alpena, rudyard, and grawn. Did you get hazard pay for running those areas?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow!

That was back in the day. Now they have depots in alpena, rudyard, and grawn. Did you get hazard pay for running those areas?
Lol, nah. I use the city names in the generic sense. My routes were in the burbs for the most part.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Years of management led me to this. In the last couple years no freight has called in sick, no box has told me to have another box do it, no skid has told me if I turn it the other way I will increase revenue. That's why I am a Worn Out Manager. I love this work

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The following are maintenance costs for a 2015 Ford Transit T-350, 3.5 Ecoboost, long and tall. These costs are for maintaining this Transit as it came from the factory and do not include extras like Espar, house batteries etc.

Oil Changes: 23 oil/filter changes, synthetic blend oil. $606

Air Filter: 77,000 miles. 1 @ $21

Headlights: Upgraded OEM halogen low and high beam headlights to Opt7 LED. 4 @ $260

Tires: 82,500 miles. Replace OEM Hankook 235/65 R16 with Michelin Defender 245/75 R16 4 @ $921

Wiper Blades: 98,000 miles. 4 @ $50

Giubo: 95,200 miles. Replace giubo, parts and labor $323. Refunded after recall: $0

Transmission Flush: 95,200 miles. Parts and labor $112

Spark Plugs, Serpentine Belt: 105,000 miles. Parts and labor $304

Throttle Body: 139,412 miles. Parts and labor $441

Coil Boots: 159,647 miles. Parts, 6 at $50

Windshield: 166,229 $509 before Panther discount. Total: $259

Rear Brakes, Pads, Rotors, Differential Gasket and Lube Change: 167,492 miles. Parts and labor $894

*Driver Door: Replaced and body work: $1312, not included in maintenance costs.

Totals:
$3,918
167,492 miles.

.023/mile. Call it 2 cents/mile for now.
emlm

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talked to Transit driver today with the 3.7 motor (non Econo boost ) has 270,000 miles on it ... said no coil pack or transmission shutters ... but 4 Giubo have been replaced .. only 1 covered by Ford ... says he likes it plenty of power and decent MPG ... but he gave me no mileage numbers ... just passing info on ...

another day .. another bowl of Popcorn

Reactions: scottm4211

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My first giubo replacement wasn't initially covered by Ford. Finally Ford admitted a problem and a recall was issued. I was refunded the cost of the replacement. All other giubo replacements at 30,000 mile intervals and the "final" fix, a real U-joint, are covered under the recall.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The following are maintenance costs for a 2015 Ford Transit T-350, 3.5 Ecoboost, long and tall. These costs are for maintaining this Transit as it came from the factory and do not include extras like Espar, house batteries etc.

Oil Changes: 23 oil/filter changes, synthetic blend oil. $606

Air Filter: 77,000 miles. 1 @ $21

Headlights: Upgraded OEM halogen low and high beam headlights to Opt7 LED. 4 @ $260

Tires: 82,500 miles. Replace OEM Hankook 235/65 R16 with Michelin Defender 245/75 R16 4 @ $921

Wiper Blades: 98,000 miles. 4 @ $50

Giubo: 95,200 miles. Replace giubo, parts and labor $323. Refunded after recall: $0

Rear Brakes, Pads, Rotors, Differential Gasket and Lube Change: 167,492 miles. Parts and labor $894

Totals:
$3,918
167,492 miles.

.023/mile. Call it 2 cents/mile for now.
emlm
Overall pretty good... :)

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
My 2015 Transit had torque converter replaced at my expense, then replaced again under warranty. No problems after another 30,000 miles. No problems other than normal maintenance, new tires, originals lasted well over 100K. Now at 212,000 miles. Rear brakes redone, mechanic says fronts still have a little life. Giubo replaced twice under recall with no problems, but first replacement at my expense is still not reimbursed. Ford says my paper work not sufficient. "A repair receipt stamped paid is not proof of payment." Huh??? Awaiting their response to my response to their response to my request for reimbursement.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Update on reimbursement for recalled giudo. Second try must be the charm. Ford sent me a check for costs of replacing the flex coupler, after originally saying a receipt stamped Paid is not proof of payment. Their check was for $12.00 more than I requested. If they try to recall that check, I'll ask them to provide proof of payment.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Oil Changes: 28 oil/filter changes, synthetic blend oil. $753

Air Filter: 77,000 miles. 3 @ $69

Wiper Blades: 98,000 miles. 6 @ $80

Replace Oxygen Sensor and Induction Clean: 179,641 miles. Parts and labor $723

Misc: $38

Totals:
$4,904
198,144 miles.

.025/mile.

Reactions: FlyingVan