2008 Chevy need advice

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
Looking at a 2008 Chevy extended 6.0 that was on a lease. Has 86,000+ miles on it.
What would you service or change out before putting it in service?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I'd have it inspected by someone you trust, then follow their recommendations as to what parts may be in need of changing. The belts, idler pulley, are a minimum and keep the old ones in case of a breakdown on the road.

Id also change out ALL the fluids with a good synthetic, engine oil, trans fluid and rear differiental gear oil , flush the cooling system and replace the hoses, and id also start using synthetic grease for the front end suspension pieces.

Balance the tires and do a 4 wheel alignment. All of this is simply good maintainance and will give you a base line to start from for regular interval of service....the key is to use quality stuff...a breakdown on the road will cost you a bunch and more then eat up any savings you might gain when using cheap stuff for maintainance......

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
With it being a 3500. at 86,000 mile (and that will happen before you know it) you need to start listening to and paying attention to the front wheel hubs and bearing assemblies. They are NOT to old wheel bearings you can repack. They are a sealed unit that when they go bad, you replace the whole assembly..and if you need to change one, change the other even if it isn't making noise..sooner then later you will change it...they are fairly easy to change and cost less then a few hundred each if you can do it yourself....

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
That *** ### *** dealership sold that van right out from underneath me.
I asked them if they need a deposit to hold the van, "no, we know you want it".

Any one know were there is a good 1 ton extended sitting for sale in the MI OH IN IL area?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What? You trusted a dealer to keep his word?

If you want it, always throw a $20 at them and tell them to give you a receipt.

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I have 750.000 an my Chevy now...The berings are not a problem anymore...Change the oil..5-30 Mobil1 and start making money...good luck

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
You might try here, they seem to carry a decent amount of inventory. Just happened to drive by them this morning coming up I-75.

Magnam Truck & Auto
3639 East Bluelick Rd
Lima, OH 45801
Sales:
1-800-784-0376
Local:
419-228-0071

MSinger

Expert Expediter
I agree with the Rev. Magnam always has a good inventory of nice vehicles. Drove by there on Friday and did some rubber necking!!