2006 Sportsman of the Year: John Mellencamp

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I NEEDED THIS INFORMATION F O R ?

So if I drive a Chevy PU should I be insulted? Even if I do not drive it thru the mud? (I have a daughter who loves to do that) Dad can you wash my your truck when you come home.

How do girls always find the only mudd puddle on a dry highway?

No offense ladies, but my daughter is A PRO and all her friends cars resemble the same.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Broom... the article is satire. Read it! I laughed for about a half hour... but that's me. I'm easily amused. :7

I'm surprised no one wrote me back. "Hey T-hawk! Thanx for posting that! Now I peed myself!"

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>I'm surprised no one wrote me back. "Hey T-hawk! Thanx for
>posting that! Now I peed myself!"
>
Well I won't admit to peeing on myself if I did but I found this paragraph the best thing I have read in a long time;

“I can’t say I ever expected to be named Sportsman of the Year. But I understand that I’ve been such a ubiquitous presence in the world of sports this year that I might as well be Brett Favre or Shaquille O’Neal. I’m really just a regular guy, though. I'm a Folk. ‘Folks’ are people who live in the Midwest, do manual labor, eat corn and own Golden Retrievers. America belongs to Folks. The rest of you can eat sh*t.â€

AND

"Chevy is also working on a Spanish version of “Our Country†so Latino immigrants can hear it and be frightened into going back to their own countries where they belong."

But I do take exception to the idea that Chevrolet is synonymous with American values.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I do, too. And I take exception to:
Subway: Eat fresh! What, fresh lunchmeat?
McDonald's: I'm lovin it! Cause I'm 5 years old, & don't know better!
Nike: Just do it! After all those years of "just say no"? I'm SO confused!
Arby's: Show your morning who's boss! The ad agencies. right?
Giant Eagle: It takes a giant to make life simple Huh?!
Ford: Life in drive Um, can I have it in reverse, for awhile, first?

Do ad agencies really pay people to come up with this stuff?!